Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - Comic Book Series Discussion (**SPOILERS**)

Undisclosed
    I have been reading since the beginning, I am not a newcomer, and I see your point. Don't get me wrong, I remember the shit storm that went over at the image forums. And I do remember analyzing every cover in the '40's', anticipating something epic to go down.(I remember when some people on Kirkman's Image forum thought that Michonne was pointing the gun at Lori and Judith.).

I also do remember waiting too damned long for a monthly comic book, and being told by Kirkman that he would make it up to us, then next month have more delays. I still didn't mind the Govna's return. I remember waiting all those months during the 'Calm Before' Arc, hoping that he was still alive.

But in the same vein, I do admit that reading six months worth of the entirety of 'Made to Suffer' Arc, and was a little downed, too many people died in issue 48.

Question though; Did you actually like the Fear The Hunters Arc? I felt it was a little lackluster.

PS: Like I said, I have been a monthly reader from the beginning, and I still liked the Govna.

EDIT: Oops, I realize you weren't directing that to me. My bad, and I do admit that the "KILL THEM ALL" shot was corny.
    Last edited by Dr Tongue; 20-Aug-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tongue View Post
    I have been reading since the beginning, I am not a newcomer, and I see your point. Don't get me wrong, I remember the shit storm that went over at the image forums. And I do remember analyzing every cover in the '40's', anticipating something epic to go down.(I remember when some people on Kirkman's Image forum thought that Michonne was pointing the gun at Lori and Judith.).

I also do remember waiting too damned long for a monthly comic book, and being told by Kirkman that he would make it up to us, then next month have more delays. I still didn't mind the Govna's return. I remember waiting all those months during the 'Calm Before' Arc, hoping that he was still alive.

But in the same vein, I do admit that reading six months worth of the entirety of 'Made to Suffer' Arc, and was a little downed, too many people died in issue 48.

Question though; Did you actually like the Fear The Hunters Arc? I felt it was a little lackluster.

PS: Like I said, I have been a monthly reader from the beginning, and I still liked the Govna.

EDIT: Oops, I realize you weren't directing that to me. My bad, and I do admit that the "KILL THEM ALL" shot was corny.
    There has been a number of corny lines from time to time but for the most part Kirkman is pretty much a genius... Yeah I was mentioning the hunters arc in my last post.... I liked it but it was a little lame how the tagling was no one is safe... Which was pretty much the end of the prison/guv arch which was "who will live,who will die..no one is safe" ... I did kind of dig the end of the hunters arch... With the whole ine being blurred on what you do to survive and the ambiguity of right and wrong..

I think that's when Kirkman is at his best... There really hasn't been a whole lot of black and white good guy,bad guy cartoon crap sept for the guv... The I actually think there was some parallel at the end of the hunters arc almost a little sympathy for the devil(guv)... Showing leaders do fucked up shit to keep there tribe going... The bigger the tribe the more fucked things get?

To me I was probably most bummed by Tyresse having to go...
    Last edited by CooperWasRight; 20-Aug-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

United States
    As much as I love TWD, I enjoy Invincible even more. The first arc with Nolan was mind blowing!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    As much as I love TWD, I enjoy Invincible even more. The first arc with Nolan was mind blowing!
    yeah, i have em both on my pull list but invincible is the better book, mostly because its universe is not so defined so the unexpected happens more often whereas its almost always an exclusive final page of the issue splash and nothing else for the walking dead.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    My copy of Volumes Two and Five arrived today (Four is yet to arrive). I see what people say about the change of artist, it is very different but I am happy to say it hasn’t negatively changed my opinion of the story.

I haven’t got very far into volume two yet but for me it is keeping up the quality found in Volume one.

Volume two spoilers in tag.

The best part for me was the zombie that was immobile due to the cold. I don’t think I have ever seen that in a Zombie film.

I have just got to the arrival at the Wiltshire estate and can see that the writer is going to rush characters into having sex which makes the whole group dynamics a bit forced but the characters are so far very good.

One thing I would have liked in the books is an indication as to where each Issue (I.e 1-75) end so I only read one issue at a time because at the moment I am flying through them and missing bits and pieces. If I knew where each issue began and ended I would probably stick to reading one issue at each sitting!!!
    If Goonies never die are they all Zombies??!!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Well I have today ready the rest of Volume Two and both Volume Three and Four. I am really blown away by the story and I cant wait to see the series it has so much potential and I just hope it appeals to the masses.

Cant wait to read the other volumes.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Sorry for the three posts in a row. Ive just noticed that my Volume 2 Miles Behind Us paper back book is thinner then the other three volumes, has anybody else noticed this? I dont think pages are missing or anythin, although I dont think the story is a fluid in style as the others. It seems the pages are thinner quality than the other volumes just seems a bit strange and put spine to spine its about 2mm thinner.
    Last edited by BotOZombie; 28-Aug-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Undisclosed
    OH SHIII-

United States
    Very very cool. Something bad is gonna happen. . . .something really bad. By the by. .. while Rick may be loosing it. . .he has lost it before and come back. I don't see him leaving the group any time soon.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Well rather than buying a volume or two at a time Ive decided to just buy the rest in one go. Volumes 5-12 of the paper backs are on order and should be with me this week!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Very very cool. Something bad is gonna happen. . . .something really bad. By the by. .. while Rick may be loosing it. . .he has lost it before and come back. I don't see him leaving the group any time soon.
    True...but he's talking with his dead wife on a rotary phone. No coming back from that.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by BotOZombie View Post
    Well rather than buying a volume or two at a time Ive decided to just buy the rest in one go. Volumes 5-12 of the paper backs are on order and should be with me this week!!
    If it is not too late you might just wanna consider picking up the compendium... It is the 1st 8 volumes and you can get it for under 40bucks... Then just pick up the 9-12.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    True...but he's talking with his dead wife on a rotary phone. No coming back from that.
    Bah. . .he's been doing that for a while now. . . no real harm in it. Michonne talks to her dead boyfriend or whatever. However they can cope. . . .
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    If it is not too late you might just wanna consider picking up the compendium... It is the 1st 8 volumes and you can get it for under 40bucks... Then just pick up the 9-12.
    I looked into that at the start but opted for the six story arc editions, I already have volumes one to four now.

Five and six arrived yesterday and I read through them straight away. They were brilliant and at times very, very intense. I cant wait for the TV program now it has som much potential for greatness!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Bah. . .he's been doing that for a while now. . . no real harm in it.
    There's no harm in having an adult imaginary friend? Rick is going nutso! But I like it!