Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead - Comic Book Series Discussion (**SPOILERS**)

United States
    Alas, Morgan, we hardly knew ye.

Well, I guess we did, but I wanted to sound all fancy and educated. Something tells me that by the time this storyline is done, there will be some MAJOR deaths!

Aaland
    MORGANS STILL ALIVE!!! Damn, didn't see that one coming... Thought he was done for.

Undisclosed
    Oh god, Carl. Issue 83 was damn brutal. Rick pulled some pretty crazy shit, Morgan is fucked, and Carl is pretty much, yea.

United States
    I read issues 82 and 83 today and WHOA!

First thing: Is Morgan really dead? That was all a strange set up to me. We didn't see him die, or even see a body, so....I dunno.

Second thing: I know some people are questioning if Carl will really die or not, but, seriously?? With that kind of head wound?? There's no freakin' way he just up and recovers from that! I always said that if Carl died, Rick would eat a bullet, as his son was the only thing keeping Rick going.

Third thing: I am getting the feeling that Andrea is going to be the final member of the "original gang" to die. Hopefully not anytime soon, but especially after these past few issues, my feeling is getting stronger.

I can't wait to see how No Way Out wraps itself up next issue!

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Hey guys!! AMC has a new show and we are looking for real people to be on it. It will be airing after the walking dead. All about buying and selling comic and movie memorabilia. We are specifically looking for people in the Tri-state area (NY,NJ,CT) who have anything that has to do with George Romero, be it movie memorabilia, replicas, props, etc. We want people who are selling items. Submit yourself today on our website. www.secretstashcasting.com Thanks!!!

United States
    re: Walking Dead #90 -
    Rick and Andrea! I called it!

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I WOULD MOST DEFFINATELY recommend the procurement of this peice of literary work. ive been somewhat of a zombie comic collector for quite some time. though i didnt get into TWD right off the back, a year and a half ago i did. i was upset that i didnt get into it sooner. however you will need to note that the serie IS MOST DEFFINATELY MADE FOR TV. it does NOT stick directly with the comic. you will notice the differences. good luck. keep us posted

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've looked around, but can't seem to find a solid answer. Anyone have any idea when the next issue(91)/volume will be released?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it shortly after my post. November 23rd.

Last edited by bassman; 09-Nov-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: .

United States
    [/QUOTE]

Oh..pooooooop..
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Just read the latest issue.
    for a second i thought kirkman was actually adding jesus christ into the story.

-and it probably wouldve been riveting

still. i dearly hope its not 'but these new people have a dark secret rick will discover' but its kirkman. of course thats going to happen. Its like he distilled the whole 'demonising of society' subtext of zombie films and has taken it as the only course of option in every scenario.

United States
    I think issue 92 was great! There are three more groups of survivors reasonably nearby? I knew where there was one, there had to be more! I don't know if it will be a "dark secrets" kind of thing; not all groups will be Woodbury. There could be plenty of stories to tell of traveling between groups for trading and such, new people coming and going, heck even the dangers of zombies popping up on the road while traveling!

Here I thought I knew where issue 100 was headed, but now, I'm not so sure...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I don't know if it will be a "dark secrets" kind of thing; not all groups will be Woodbury.
    gotta remember whos writing it though. asking kirkman not to have a town turn out to be secret cannibals or something is like asking joss whedon not to kill the mousy character in the storys third act. its going to happen wether we want it or not.

Personally i would like to see them do something we only really saw in land of the dead, actually establishing trade and economy and general society again in this new world. something we actually saw very little of in land at all which was a shame.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anybody got to Issue 100 yet? It's a doozy, man. As you might expect for such an important milestone, certain staples of the comic have to change...
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Jul-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: .

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Anybody got to Issue 100 yet? It's a doozy, man. As you might expect for such an important milestone, certain staples of the comic have to change...
    Yep. Some people are going to be pissed. Really pissed. Goddamn Kirkman
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Man....that was disturbing to read thru! Wow...