Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Walking Dead - Comic Book Series Discussion (**SPOILERS**)

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I can't believe the whining I have been reading about this issue on other sites! they kill a character who's been in the series since the beginning and yet people complain it wasn't a fricking human/zombie massacre!
    Is that all people read it for? to see who dies next?
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 12-Jul-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: c

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've seen the same thing. Personally, I found what happened in this issue to be MUCH more brutal than any walker attack. I was actually feeling uneasy, repulsed, and heartbroken as I went from frame to frame. Particularly at the beginning when the character was still alive but in bad condition. Horrible stuff.

The loss of a main character was expected for a big issue like 100, but I can't wait to see how the revenge turns out...
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Jul-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: .

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The IGN review brought up 'the infamous issue 48' (which is a apt description IMO) perhaps this arc is leading to that again but I feel they need to take more time and put in more energy and effort to accomplish what issue 48 did. It only worked because of what went into the issues preceding it. Nicholas, Spencer, Heath, Doctor Cloyd, they're just there with no discernible quirks or characterisations like Hershel, Lori, Axel and Otis had. Andrew, Martinez, Dr Stevens, they too were characters I felt bad for when they met their demise and they lasted only ten issues.

Dying

United States
    Holy fuck 100 was intense. I might even go back and re-read the entire series back up to 100.

Not to mention Abrahams death only an issue or two back, which was so sudden and a real shocker. The only logical way to follow up a death of a strong newcomer character would be to snipe off a more developed and recognized character. Glenns face being beaten into a pulp is a contender for one of the most shocking moments in the series. And him screaming Maggie before the death blow was unsettling.

Only once since #48 have I winced from an issue like this. And that was the twin brothers murder / death scene, where one of the twins had ripped out all the innards of their brother and thought nothing of it.

United States
    It was hard to read. I was pretty beat up about it. Not as beast up as youknowwho. . .but still. . .
    Last edited by clanglee; 15-Jul-2012 at 03:13 AM. Reason: srgs
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Rick is really stupid. The rest of the group wouldn't be in the wrong if they blamed him for the death of (redacted). Heck, the group should resent him for the situation that they're now stuck in with Negan and The Saviors.
    Last edited by Vulture Lives; 18-Jul-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typo

Twitching

Undisclosed
    How this arc SHOULD end.
    Issue 101
    Michonne jumps the three saviours in the van decapitating two and skewering the third one, she takes a bullet but impales the gunmans head before he can turn but she passes out and starts bleeding. Rick learns the Saviours are held up in the White house so parks the dead saviours outside and is met with gunfire though he manages to escape.
    Issue 102
    Negan is outside of Hilltop screaming to be let in, he has his men shoot the gates until they run dry, he vows punishment for their association with Alexandria and all of a sudden Rick and a small group drive in surrounding them, Rick decapitates Negan with Michonne's sword much like the governor did Tyreese and lets the others go though they ask for asylum with Rick. Paul thanks Rick and both are shocked that Negan is actually dead, but the Saviours still represent a threat. At the white house Dwight calls a meeting for a new leader but finds many wanting that position and a gunfight ensues...

I don't think Negan is a keeper, he's too much like the Hunters.

Dying

United States
    I think Negan is Jesus. Or maybe they're brothers or something.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Now, again, maybe its just me, but can any of you see Rick and Andrea as a couple? Was Carls line about his wanting her to stay a possible hint of things to come? What do you think?
    Way to call it buddy... I have taken a 20 issue hiatus just letting my box fill up... It has been a strange experience reading the book not on a monthly basis and reading all in one go like most folks do.

A few things I have noticed different:
    1. Im far less engrossed and a lot of the writing mistakes become less glaring and forgivable when reading all in one go..."that was stupid... I cant believe so and so would...WHOAH... Im not distracted by a new thing that just happened."
    2. Being the first time I have read since season 2 and 3 aired the massive deaths in the last 20 issues seemed to be lessened on an emotional level... For this I'm not sure if its because of the hope that in the show continuity they may not suffer the same fate... Or that i'm just starting to simply put more stock in the show as I feel the characters are more flushed out and easier to identify. Im not gonna turn this into an Adlard bashing comment but im not the only one who has mentioned that his style can often make it difficult to identify characters from time to time and often during the lead up or right at key moments... This is never an issue on the show.

Any thoughts are feeling similar on the show or changing from monthly reading to tpb or huge chunks effecting your reads?
    Last edited by CooperWasRight; 11-Dec-2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: typso
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528