Thread: Argh my eyes! Argh me ears!

Administrator

England

Argh my eyes! Argh me ears!

Just caught about 5-10 mins of "The Planet Of The Apes" remake... Argh!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany

Only for the Apes Afficionado...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

I know it includes the remake, but damn.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    Just caught about 5-10 mins of "The Planet Of The Apes" remake... Argh!
    Here, I have a remedy for this - Turn off movie. Remove brain and boil in turpentine for fifteen (15) minutes. Gently place brain back inside skull and proceed to bang head against brick wall continuously while screaming, "Never, never again. Oh God, never again!" This should help you forget this piece of crap.
    Next: rush out to the library or bookstore and purchase the book by Pierre Boulle and rent the ORIGINAL Planet of the Apes (even though that screenplay was written by Michael Wilson and Rod Serling) followed by The Bridge Over The River Kwai (another GREAT Pierre Boulle book).

hmmmm this brings a question to mind.....the song those chaps whistle in TBOTRK - what's the name of it?

peace.

I mean, REALLY!!! What's The Planet of the Apes without Nova?????

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Nova
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 04-Mar-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Remove brain and boil in turpentine for fifteen (15) minutes. Gently place brain back inside skull and proceed to bang head against brick wall continuously while screaming, "Never, never again. Oh God, never again!" This should help you forget this piece of crap.
    sounds like what i did when a "friend" persuaded me it'd be a good idea to pay money to see hulk in the cinema

that friend is now burried in my back garden

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    sounds like what i did when a "friend" persuaded me it'd be a good idea to pay money to see hulk in the cinema

that friend is now burried in my back garden
    Oh my!! That one gave me an aneurism. I'm still partially retarded from watching that thing.

Fiji
    my god, man watch the original right now.

it's the only cure.