Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Star Wars on bluray, but which version?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    it would be nice to have the untouched originals BUT since this version is the only game in town, we are stuck with it. un-fucking-fortunate as that is. sad faces all around.
    wait till they release them separately as a limited edition. they did it on vhs, they did it on dvd, they'll do it now.

do you really think lucas WON'T sell another version for more money if theres the market for it? albeit the same market, again?

United States
    I'm waiting for Lucas to replace lightsabers with corndogs. That kind of fight would be well worth checking out...

United States
    My kids just got me the 9 disc set on blu-ray for my birthday tomorrow, nestled in a baggie full of mini Paydays.
    I will never have to rent or borrow these ever again, in any form. I've probably seen alot of these documentaries already, but I can't wait to dive balls deep into this badboy.
    They were originally going to buy me one the special edition TWD box sets, but I steered them towards this instead. He was going to order season 3 online with the fishtank thangie, but it was so much easier and cheaper to just get me this instead at Wal Mart, plus his discount for working there. I soooooooooooooooooooooooo wanted this for a very long time. The only other blu-ray box set I really have is Get a Life, which I've almost nearly gleaned every last tidbit from. Now I just need to add the Indiana Jones one, and Back to the Future, and I'll be set for as long as it takes me to remember something else I would really like to have.
    Northern Exposure, hmmmmmm...

Administrator

England
    ^^ But these are the pi$$ed around versions? eg: With the God aweful scene/score changes at the beginning/end of Return?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ But these are the pi$$ed around versions? eg: With the God aweful scene/score changes at the beginning/end of Return?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!
    Just kidding, I'm cool with this box set. I went through the changes and tweaks on wikipedia, and it's not really all that bad. I'm definitely happy to be seeing it in crystal clear, uhhh... clarity. No?
    I can forgive, but I also haven't even begun to put a dent in this yet. Let me see how I feel after the bauble has been fully fondled, and everything that is to be gleaned from it has. I'm not really going to notice much from the prequels, so no big deal there. I'm going to spend the day toking out and annoying everybody here by watching all the boring, to them, stuffs.
    Tough titty.