Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Walking Dead" - Official Trailers/Clips

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Am I the only one who thinks this looks... pretty bland?

There's nothing really new here, and I can't say that there's any one segment where I thought "Wow, can't wait to see that!".

I'm glad I'm going to get some shamblers, but the story itself seems remarkeably bland.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this looks... pretty bland?.
    Yup, just you. What do you want out of it exactly? I don't see any blandness at all. It all looks so happy making. I can't wait. Maybe you would be happier with zombies that sparkle in the sunlight?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    There's nothing new from TWD in terms of the zombies or the zombpocalipse, no. The strength of the series comes from the writing, the characters, the situations.

One can stick to formula & still tell incedible stories with great characters. Try something TOO new & wander too far off the reservation & what do you get?

Land?
    Diary?
    Survival?
    Day 08?

Those have gone over real well...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yup, just you. What do you want out of it exactly? I don't see any blandness at all. It all looks so happy making. I can't wait. Maybe you would be happier with zombies that sparkle in the sunlight?
    No, but storywise this seems reeeaaally generic. A cop wakes up from a long slumber in the hospital and finds the whole world zombiefied. He goes looking for his family in a now ravaged world. That's more what I'd expected from films I found in the 5-dollar-a-movie-bin.

28 Days Later for instance did exactly this story, but without the hard-ass cop and gun angle. Don't know. Just saying. The trailer doesn't really knock me off my chair like I'd hoped it would. Frank Darabont and all.

Can any of our more american posters here tell us a little bit about AMC? All I know is that HBO is good and allows graphic violence. Does AMC?
    Last edited by EvilNed; 29-Aug-2010 at 09:20 AM.

United States

believe the hype

dude, AMC has some of the best original shows on cable, in my opinion. breaking bad and mad men are amazing, very adult subject matter in both shows (alcoholism, drug addiction, adultery, corruption, the list goes on....) both are well edited and filmed, with emotional stories with believable characters and great writing. i really can't say enough about how much i enjoy those two programs. additionally, the network has received more emmy nominations than all others for the past three years:

http://blogs.amctv.com/movie-news/20...ominations.php

The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced this morning the 62nd Annual Emmy Award nominations, recognizing AMC with 26 nominations, the most for any basic cable network for the third year in a row. AMC's Emmy and Golden Globe-winning original drama Mad Men, which made history last year as the only basic cable series ever to win back-to-back Emmys for Outstanding Drama, received 17 nominations and stands as the most Emmy nominated drama on television. AMC's original series Breaking Bad, which garnered two Emmy wins in 2009, received seven nominations, including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actor and Outstanding Supporting Actor.
    i would rather AMC handle TWD than any other network out there, i have complete faith they will fully deliver an unbelievable epic unlike anything we've seen. this show is going to be the next big thing for dead fans. without a doubt in my mind.

United States
    No, but storywise this seems reeeaaally generic. A cop wakes up from a long slumber in the hospital and finds the whole world zombiefied. He goes looking for his family in a now ravaged world. That's more what I'd expected from films I found in the 5-dollar-a-movie-bin.

28 Days Later for instance did exactly this story, but without the hard-ass cop and gun angle. Don't know. Just saying. The trailer doesn't really knock me off my chair like I'd hoped it would. Frank Darabont and all.

Can any of our more american posters here tell us a little bit about AMC? All I know is that HBO is good and allows graphic violence. Does AMC?
    I take it you have not read the comic. The story is at it's core what all good zombie movies should be. People dealing with the situation. . .for good or bad. It's simple, yeah. . .but so is the holy Trinity. And with the comic series you see a lot more than just a farmhouse, or bunker, or Mall. It's truly epic.
    As far as AMC goes, they are not a paid cable channel like HBO or Showtime. So what they can do might be a bit more restricted than say True Blood. But it is showing late night, and AMC is cable. . .and they have an EXCELLENT track record of programming. So. . . .I really think they will be able to get away with as much as they need to get away with.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Okay, sounds good. Wouldn't want a bloodless zombiefilm (let's face it, it's a staple of the genre).

And no I haven't read the comic. I'm sure it's excellent. This trailer doesn't seem to promise that much tho. But "people dealing with the situation" are my favourite kind of zombiefilms, and that's not really something you show in a trailer I guess. So good. Maybe the show will be great after all!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Okay, sounds good. Wouldn't want a bloodless zombiefilm (let's face it, it's a staple of the genre).

And no I haven't read the comic. I'm sure it's excellent. This trailer doesn't seem to promise that much tho. But "people dealing with the situation" are my favourite kind of zombiefilms, and that's not really something you show in a trailer I guess. So good. Maybe the show will be great after all!
    One thing to keep in mind is that this trailer only covers tthe pilot episode. As Clang mentioned, there's much more to come.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Am I the only one who thinks this looks... pretty bland?

There's nothing really new here, and I can't say that there's any one segment where I thought "Wow, can't wait to see that!".

I'm glad I'm going to get some shamblers, but the story itself seems remarkeably bland.
    yeah i'm with you on that one - looks pretty run of the mill, and they ripped the opening right off 28 days later
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    *sigh*

And 28 Days ripped it from Day of the Triffids. Everything is "ripped"....

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    *sigh*

And 28 Days ripped it from Day of the Triffids. Everything is "ripped"....
    yeah but come on....too soon man...too soon. Might as well have set it in a shopping mall.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Ah...that's only the first 20 pages or so. It's every thing that happens FROM there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that this trailer only covers tthe pilot episode. As Clang mentioned, there's much more to come.
    Maybe so. It doesn't look bad or anything. It's just that I kinda get a "Is that is?" feeling.

England
    First off, this is a TV show. The gorehounds should look elsewhere.
    The similarities with 28 days later end the moment Rick steps outside the hospital.
    In this show you are gonna see most of the things many people have thought about if a zombie apocalypse was to happen.
    The talent from the producers all the way down to the actors is outstanding so the project is in safe hands.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    yeah but come on....too soon man...too soon. Might as well have set it in a shopping mall.
    Dead Rising?

Let's face it...the entire zombie genre is one big rip off in one way or another. Even the "Godfather" Romero admits that Night was a bit of a rip...