Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Walking Dead" - Official Trailers/Clips

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Even the "Godfather" Romero admits that Night was a bit of a rip...
    Heyyyyy....don't make me call your mother a whore....

(Actually, I always got a kick out of the story of when he met Matheson face-to-face).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    (Actually, I always got a kick out of the story of when he met Matheson face-to-face).

I'm listening....C'mon, Moon - Tell us a story!
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    I'm listening....C'mon, Moon - Tell us a story!

"Back when I was a boy..."

The story goes that years after NOTLD Romero met Matheson at a convention. Romero approached him & told him he'd like to apologize since he felt he basically lifted the idea for NOTLD from "I Am Legend".

Matheson asked him if he made any money off of it. George said "No, not really", to which Matheson replied (laughing) "Good! Serves you right!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    First off, this is a TV show. The gorehounds should look elsewhere.
    That could be a problem, considering a zombie infested world is about as adult themed you can get. If there's not swearing, violent and batshit crazy-ass terrorizing, then it's just gonna feel watered down.

But I'll hold off. HBO can do it, maybe AMC can too.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    That could be a problem, considering a zombie infested world is about as adult themed you can get.
    I find it strange what some consider gore while others don't. One of the first images released was of the Bicycle Girl with half her body missing.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Am I the only one who thinks this looks... pretty bland?

There's nothing really new here, and I can't say that there's any one segment where I thought "Wow, can't wait to see that!".

I'm glad I'm going to get some shamblers, but the story itself seems remarkeably bland.
    Yeah... at least on HPOTD... I am sure you will find some brethern at IMDB that may join your side of this spectacle
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    ....maybe AMC can too.
    i feel like a broken record at times, but for an idea of what AMC will be getting away with, look at the awesome shows Mad Men and Breaking Bad. between these two shows, a great deal of very mature subject matter is shown: adultery, extortion, alcoholism, drug addiction, methamphetamine manufacturing, drug dealing, gangs, prostitutes (one montage followed a meth-whore throughout one day showing her going down on numerous guys to get her dope money), crooks, etc. i'm sure that the situations and scenarios from TWD won't be watered down enough to notice.

as for the violence, mad men showed a scene in season one with a guy blown up and given an extreme facial make-over similar to freddy krueger, and breaking bad has had people getting smashed by vehicles, gun fights, and one episode even had a severed head on a turtle which turned out to be an IED that blew up and killed a dude and maimed a few others. below are 2 videos of some of the violence and intensity breaking bad got away with during season 3:

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yep. That definitely answers the head shot question. They won't need to shy away from that. Especially considering that second clip.

Seriously....the gore shouldn't be an issue AT ALL...

Super Moderator

United States
    And even if there is less of an ability to steer towards the out and out excessive gore seen in some of the genre, that may mean the series will have to depend on setting, mood and theme (basically its very solid directing and writing talent) and using the gore they can show as opposed to leaning on the schlocky gore crutch we see in some really bad examples of the genre that are otherwise hollow.

Not a big deal in my book.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Looks like us UK folks are getting The Walking Dead first... Well sort of

Forget Guy Fawkes Night, New Years Eve and all those other so-called notable holiday events. It’s all about September 28th. On this night, at a famous London venue, the director’s cut, never-before-seen episode one of the Walking Dead will be screened exclusively to 250 members of the public. And surely those of you who are luckily enough to attend will have questions. Lots of them. Well at this exclusive event they will be answered. Four special guests, series cast and crew (names will be revealed in good time), will participate in a question and answer session. And what’s more Charlie Brooker is going to be your host for the night. So please watch this space and have your left mouse clicking finger at the ready to book your seat when tickets go on sale soon. In the meantime remember September 28th!
    And back to the subject of gore, heres an early quote from Kirkman himself

says Kirkman. "The stuff that AMC is going to put on air is crazy. They keep showing me things and I'm like, you're not doing that. They rip a horse open and there's just spaghetti coming out. They actually have things that you see."
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Ireland
    Yep. That definitely answers the head shot question. They won't need to shy away from that. Especially considering that second clip.

It wouldn't really be headshots that's the problem though.

Pulling someones guts out of the stomach and chewing on them...that's a different story altogether.

Besides, I see nothing that edgy on the 'Breaking Bad' clip.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Guts are great. They can be fun. But they definitely don't make or break a compelling story. They're just filler for fun...

United States
    Besides guys. . this is Amuricah!!! We don't cut our gore or language. . .just our sex. Cause it's naughty and you'll go to hell if you do it.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i feel like a broken record at times, but for an idea of what AMC will be getting away with, look at the awesome shows Mad Men and Breaking Bad. between these two shows, a great deal of very mature subject matter is shown: adultery, extortion, alcoholism, drug addiction, methamphetamine manufacturing, drug dealing, gangs, prostitutes (one montage followed a meth-whore throughout one day showing her going down on numerous guys to get her dope money), crooks, etc. i'm sure that the situations and scenarios from TWD won't be watered down enough to notice.
    I just watched the clips you showed, and they were indeed flippin' awesome. To be sure, guts and stuff might not get passed the censors, but those clips were still pretty brutal.

Second, this Breaking Bad seems cool as hell. I'm gonna have to check this series out. Those two clips were both masterful!

Ireland
    Guts are great. They can be fun. But they definitely don't make or break a compelling story. They're just filler for fun...
    Hmmmm...sorry, but a zombie movie without guts is like a war movie without any battle scenes, ya know?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....