Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Walking Dead" - Official Trailers/Clips

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Hmmmm...sorry, but a zombie movie without guts is like a war movie without any battle scenes, ya know?
    I disagree. Guts are optional. They're not needed if the story is good enough. When they are there, they're just a little added bonus.

England
    Apparently 3 new clips have been released but cant view them due to my location. Their only seconds long but can anyone clue us UK viewers up on whats going on.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-W...d=602787706001

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I just watched the clips you showed, and they were indeed flippin' awesome. To be sure, guts and stuff might not get passed the censors, but those clips were still pretty brutal.

Second, this Breaking Bad seems cool as hell. I'm gonna have to check this series out. Those two clips were both masterful!
    Go for it Ned. Stick with it though.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Just really short clips. One is Rick shooting his gun. Then the second(the longest) is Rick waking up in the hospital, walking down the corridor and seeing the door that says "don't open, dead inside" and hands reaching through. The last is Rick walking down dark stairs and lighting a match. Nothing you can't see in the trailer really.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Just really short clips. One is Rick shooting his gun. Then the second(the longest) is Rick waking up in the hospital, walking down the corridor and seeing the door that says "don't open, dead inside" and hands reaching through. The last is Rick walking down dark stairs and lighting a match. Nothing you can't see in the trailer really.
    Thanks mate.
    Been reading/watching/listening to loads of info on this and Darabont is definately the real deal. He LOVES Romero and zombies and seems to be good friends with Nicotero.
    Some tidbits that i've picked up during this.

The project seems to be a very happy one from the tv execs down to the crew. The whole production has a Romero "family" feel to it.
    AMC have said yes to everything they have been presented with gorewise.
    The story arc is essentially the same as the novel but with deviations to flesh out the characters more and possibly including pre-apocalypse flashbacks .
    The ending of season 1 is not the same as what happens in the novel at that point in the story.
    Sarah Wayne Callies is beautiful.
    Characters die at different points in the story compared to the novel and some don't even die who do in the novel.
    There are new characters.
    Its being shot as a 6hr movie.
    Darabonts been trying to get it made for 5 years.
    It was developed at NBC then planned to be on HBO.

The directors for the first six episodes are:

1) Frank Darabont (The Mist, The Shawshank Redemption)
    2) Michelle MacLaren ("Breaking Bad," "X-Files")
    3) Gwyneth Horder-Payton ("The Shield," "BSG")
    4) Johan Renck ("Breaking Bad")
    5) Ernest Dickerson ("The Wire," "Dexter")
    6) Guy Ferland ("The Shield," "Sons of Anarchy")

The writers for the first six episodes are:

1) Frank Darabont (The Mist, The Shawshank Redemption)
    2) Frank Darabont (The Mist, The Shawshank Redemption)
    3) Frank Darabont (The Mist, The Shawshank Redemption), Chic Eglee, Jack LoGuidice (Chic: "The Shield," "Dexter"; Jack: "Sons of Anarchy")
    4) Robert Kirkman (writer of the comic series)
    5) Glen Mazzara ("The Shield," "Hawthorne")
    6) Adam Fierro ("The Shield," "Dexter," "24")

Oh btw did i mention Sarah Wayne Callies is beautiful.

MY HOME CINEMA

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I disagree. Guts are optional. They're not needed if the story is good enough. When they are there, they're just a little added bonus.
    No way Bass. No guts and you've been had, story or no story. We're talking about creatures that rip people apart for food. It's their MO, for god's sake.

Can you imagine 'Day of the Dead' without the gore? Seriously.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I just watched the clips you showed, and they were indeed flippin' awesome. To be sure, guts and stuff might not get passed the censors, but those clips were still pretty brutal.

Second, this Breaking Bad seems cool as hell. I'm gonna have to check this series out. Those two clips were both masterful!
    yeah ned, breaking bad is awesome as hell. i started a thread on it a while back, but if i recall it's full of spoilers. it's one of my favorite shows, hands down....that, mad men, and the walking dead make AMC the best network around, in my opinion. if it weren't for that station, i probably wouldn't even bother with having cable.

but yeah, check it out, starting with season 1, and trust me, you'll love it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Can you imagine 'Day of the Dead' without the gore? Seriously.
    Actually....I would still love it without the gore. As I said before, the gore is a nice bonus, but it doesn't make or break the film. You and I must be into these films for different reasons...

England
    3 new teasers but, once again, us UK folks can't see them.

Edit

Found them on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaPd4YzDRuA

Love the music
    Last edited by kidgloves; 07-Sep-2010 at 08:50 PM.

MY HOME CINEMA

Ireland
    Actually....I would still love it without the gore. As I said before, the gore is a nice bonus, but it doesn't make or break the film. You and I must be into these films for different reasons...
    Umm, it would be half the film. Really.

Imagine 'Day of the Dead' with Rickles being torn apart. Honestly...the most terrifying death in any zed flick. Can you imagine the pain of going out like that?

Ugh.

Still sends shivers up me spine.

Gore won't make or break. But skimp on it and you're short changing the audience.

'Day of the Dead' is the greatest zombie flick ever, partly because of Savini's fantastic gore effects.

It would be like having the shark in 'Jaws' swim around off the coast and not attack anyone.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It would be like having the shark in 'Jaws' swim around off the coast and not attack anyone.
    Actually....that's kinda what happens in Jaws. You don't see the shark until the final "battle".

Anyway....I agree with you that Day wouldn't be the same without the gore. There's no doubting that it's nice to have, but the character interactions are what really hooked me the first time. Just like Dawn, which is considerably lacking with the gore by today's standards. It wasn't the gore that hooked me, it was the situation and the characters. The dread, I guess you could say. It's not so much the gore that scares me, but the looming knowledge that you just know it's coming. The tension. Supoib.
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Sep-2010 at 12:13 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    3 new teasers but, once again, us UK folks can't see them.

Edit

Found them on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaPd4YzDRuA

Love the music
    Huh. . . can't see youtube from work, but the AMC clips are the same as last week. . . .hmmmmm
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Huh. . . can't see youtube from work, but the AMC clips are the same as last week. . . .hmmmmm
    They're basically just snippets from the trailer. Nothing really new.

United States
    Actually....that's kinda what happens in Jaws. You don't see the shark until the final "battle".

Anyway....I agree with you that Day wouldn't be the same without the gore. There's no doubting that it's nice to have, but the character interactions are what really hooked me the first time. Just like Dawn, which is considerably lacking with the gore by today's standards. It wasn't the gore that hooked me, it was the situation and the characters. The dread, I guess you could say. It's not so much the gore that scares me, but the looming knowledge that you just know it's coming. The tension. Supoib.
    True...and just like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Most people would tell you it's a bloody movie but there is very little shown on screen. Leaving the real nasty shit up to the imagination makes it much worse (or better IMO). Day would still be a great movie without showing all the guts; IMO, the characters, dialogue, & setting are bigger players than the FX.
    Last edited by Mr.G; 08-Sep-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Day would still be a great movie without showing all the guts; IMO, the characters, dialogue, & setting are bigger players than the FX.
    Exactly my point. You just said it better than I could.

The gore is nice with that "WOW" factor, but it's not what makes the movie memorable as a whole, imo.

It's been a long time now, but I believe the main things I took away from my first viewing of Day were Bub, the absolute hatred of the soldiers, and how they were all unable to coexist in a situation that should have worked out fine. Sure, the gore was incredible(yet to be topped), but it wasn't the core of the film.

Ireland
    Yeh, you don't see him til half way through, but he's attacking people from the first reel. That's my point.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Actually, when I first saw an uncut version of 'Dawn of the Dead', I was very surprised at how much gore was cut out of the previous versions I'd seen.

For it's time 'Dawn of the Dead' was extremely gory.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Exactly my point. You just said it better than I could.

The gore is nice with that "WOW" factor, but it's not what makes the movie memorable as a whole, imo.

It's been a long time now, but I believe the main things I took away from my first viewing of Day were Bub, the absolute hatred of the soldiers, and how they were all unable to coexist in a situation that should have worked out fine. Sure, the gore was incredible(yet to be topped), but it wasn't the core of the film.
    Sorry guys, but my penny to your pound, says that the lasting impression on a first time viewer of 'Day of the Dead' is or was the gore. I've seen it with people first hand. Come the point where characters are being torn apart and people go "Fuckin 'ell!".

Honestly, I've sat with viewers who were laughing and joking one minute and completely silent when the zombies do the business in the final reel.

There are few films (zombies or otherwise) that I've seen that happen in.

Either way, a zombie flick without the gore is shortchanging the viewer. The genre practically cries out for it. Of course it doesn't make or break the deal, but it's taking the piss to leave it out.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 08-Sep-2010 at 11:36 AM.