Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Walking Dead" - Official Trailers/Clips

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Yum yum!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Yum yum!!
    Absolutely. Im so impressed with what im seeing in these videos. So impressed.

Heres the AMC Comic book to screen one for the UK folks

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=CVwpbg...eature=related

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Absolutely. Im so impressed with what im seeing in these videos. So impressed.

Heres the AMC Comic book to screen one for the UK folks

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=CVwpbg...eature=related
    Sweet
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I've watched the videos a few times now and I've got to say it really looks like they've nailed it. Andrew Lincoln IS Rick Grimes. He looks shit scared in the first sequences. Great acting. Looks very faithful to the comic.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    I've watched the videos a few times now and I've got to say it really looks like they've nailed it. Andrew Lincoln IS Rick Grimes. He looks shit scared in the first sequences. Great acting. Looks very faithful to the comic.
    Forgot he was in "Love Actually"!!
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I hate to be the nitpicky fanboy here....but Lincoln's accent is all over the place in these trailer/clips. Maybe it's too early to tell, but his accent jumps around quite a bit. He'll go from a normal american accent, to a southern american accent, and sometimes let his usual accent slip into a few words.

Nothing major, just something I picked up on....
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Oct-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Administrator

England
    ^^ nitpicky fanboy

I caught a bit of that too!
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Forgot he was in "Love Actually"!!
    I know him as Egg out of This Life

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    I know him as Egg out of This Life
    Then you'd recognise another familiar face from Pirates of the Caribbean too then
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Then you'd recognise another familiar face from Pirates of the Caribbean too then
    I didn't recognise him tbh. POC was a throway movie for me. Wasnt really paying attention but a quick imdb visit turns up the lawyer guy. Well i never. Milly and Egg stick in my mind for some reason.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    I like the way everybody involved keeps refering to it as a "a movie"...because from what I've seen it does look like a movie...it looks like a big budget project with high production values.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I like the way everybody involved keeps refering to it as a "a movie"...because from what I've seen it does look like a movie...it looks like a big budget project with high production values.
    I do hope we're not building it up so much that it can only fail to meet the expectations!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    I do hope we're not building it up so much that it can only fail to meet the expectations!
    That may very well happen for some, but I'm enjoying the suspense and excitement of the endeavor. As long as the series can balance introspection/ dialogue driven characters with a decent level of grit, realism and realistic behavior most people will be happy, but that is a tall order. Doubtless there will be some bitching about some little matter of accuracy (Pfah! Kentucky Blue Grass would never stay green and short so long w/out fertilizer & a weekly trimming ).

I have my one thing I get picky about in the comic series...and don't read this if you're unfamiliar with the series and don't comment on it outside of spoilers for the sake of common courtesy:

Frikkin' UNBREAKABLE katana! A real, well made katana would have broken by now, not to mention whatever cheap ass version Michonne grabbed along the way...if it does break at some point after the Hunters cycle--don't tell me, as I'm not caught up yet.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 04-Oct-2010 at 07:14 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Fresh Meat

Canada
    Oh man I am stoked for this show. Loved that short clip of torso Zombie dragging itself across the grass. Really looking forward to Halloween this year.