Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crazies remake

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

The Crazies remake

this looks like a really fun movie, like an american 28 days later, only as it happens, not ,yknow, 28 days after the fact, i liked the original but it hasnt aged too well, this looks surprisingly more competent than i was expecting to be honest.

United States
    Wow. . yeah. . not too shabby. Looks like it takes the basic level of the original cazies and then adds an extra level to the infection. Sort of a all out rage/zombie level. Might be pretty good.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Dead

Undisclosed
    I'll admit it's been close to a decade since I've seen the original and while I thought it was good, it felt like if wouldn't hold up to time a little further down the road. The trailer has me sold on a viewing...but I was going to see it anyways for a fair opinion regardless.

Super Moderator

UK
    Someone on AICN saw it and said it was terrible. Not a final cut, but they said it was well shit apparently. If that ends up being the case, I wouldn't be surprised.

Didn't care for "Olyphantastic" (say it sarcastically) slagging off (or dismissing, whatever) the original either.

As for the trailer, yeah yeah, looks alright, but the trailer is very standard. There's standard beats they hit throughout, so I don't get any chills. It feels like standard operating procedure to me in that trailer.

Also, I couldn't help but groan when the music kicked in - it was great in Donnie Darko, and worked very well for the David Fincher Gears of War trailer - but leave it alone now for the sake of fuck!

Also - looks like they'll try and outrun the nuclear explosion in the movie ... if they survive that, I'll groan. GAR's original has that great sense of hopelessness - summed up brilliantly when the doctor gets mistaken for one of the Crazies just as he finds the cure, but the military won't listen to any reason, and his instincts kick in and he fails himself and the entire community.

While the original is very rough, and doesn't hold up well against the likes of superior GAR flicks like his zombie movies, or fare like Martin, Knightriders, Creepshow or Monkey Shines, it is still a good movie with a chilling atmosphere.

I want armies of chem-suited, gas-masked troops sporting guns - that's the defining image from the original, and seeing the relentless onslaught of such faceless figures sweeping through the town in the original made it great.

I'll see this remake, but it looks very standard to me. There's nothing outstanding in that trailer to me, I didn't feel anything while watching it.

Plus, it's only a trailer, there's every chance still that it'll suck the proverbial fat chuddies of faildom.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm with MZ totally on this one. The trailer makes it out to be like any other "Town gets infected"-movie. Well, the original, production values aside, was way more than that. It was about the quarantine and the government trying to cover it up. This looks to be way more about just avoiding your neighbors because now they're crazy and try to shoot ya.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm with MZ totally on this one. The trailer makes it out to be like any other "Town gets infected"-movie. Well, the original, production values aside, was way more than that. It was about the quarantine and the government trying to cover it up. This looks to be way more about just avoiding your neighbors because now they're crazy and try to shoot ya.
    Also, in the original, it wasn't about fancy make-up to show them being infected with something. Them just behaving oddly and just looking 'crazy in the eyes' was enough, plus their actions and not their look.

Sure they seem to start out normal in this, but then they get all "I Am Legend" and start lurching forward really quickly while screaming a scream the human body is incapable of to scare the viewer by essentially sneaking up behind you unsubtly and going "BOO!"
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 05-Oct-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Agreed. That green beard just looks weird.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Honestly....what did you guys expect?

It looks decent enough to me. I'll check it out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Stop being so positive. You're ruining the mood.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i like the look of this. i will most defo check this film out. i'm not a big fan or the original, so i am coming at this with completely open eyes and with no reference to or reverence for it.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Also, in the original, it wasn't about fancy make-up to show them being infected with something. Them just behaving oddly and just looking 'crazy in the eyes' was enough, plus their actions and not their look.

Sure they seem to start out normal in this, but then they get all "I Am Legend" and start lurching forward really quickly while screaming a scream the human body is incapable of to scare the viewer by essentially sneaking up behind you unsubtly and going "BOO!"

It seems as if the old way just doesn't do it for today's audiences. Everything, including zombies has to be these supercharged virtually impossible to kill demons.

Don't get me wrong, there's room for that as well but oversaturation in any extreme is never good.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Then FUCK today's audiences with the awesome stick. We need to show them the way damnit, stop cow-towing to the sorts of people who think Yawn04 is an original movie, or that Ghey08's ceiling-crawling tits are cool.

*shivers* Ugh...

This trailer also reminds me of the one for Day The Earth Stood Still 2008, for some weird reason. Just the slick look I guess ... duno ... and that remake was CRAP.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    AICN shits on everything unless Fincher had something to do with it. That site is a joke.

Trailer looks cool though. I will be in line to check it out.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 05-Oct-2009 at 07:04 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    AICN shits on everything unless Fincher had something to do with it. That site is a joke.

Trailer looks cool though. I will be in line to check it out.
    beat me too it, there good for exclusives but side from that quint guy they all seem to gush praise constantly even when they dont like a flick.

capncnut
    Why do shitty trailers always have to have those shitty BANG noises like a shotgun blast before cutting to black. Lame, shit, unoriginal.

And they are wheeling out Mad World again, eh? Lame, shit, unoriginal.