Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are *Your* Labor Day Weekend Plans?

Super Moderator

United States

What are *Your* Labor Day Weekend Plans?

Just figured I'd see what some of my fellow North Americans are planning on doing this fine, possibly hurricane-plagued, holiday weekend. Anyone bunkering down from bad weather? Who's cooking out? Anything good going on? What's going on the grill?

Me? I'm going to lay low, save money and be a bum on Friday and Saturday, then Sunday we'll have some people over for a cookout (hoping the weather has passed us by at that point). Not sure what's going on the grill, but I'd like something with a bit of a tasty wow factor, so we'll see. Monday? I may see a movie if anything good is out, or I may just revert to being a bum per Friday and Saturday (lots on time on XBL/netflixing and reading).

So what are you up to folks? I'm sure I'll say it before then, but in case I forget, have a happy holiday weekend!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well....the In laws are coming into town. That should about sum it up for me.

I may still have a cookout, but I'm not sure what. Maybe a good ol Boston Butt BBQ. Yum.

I'm hoping I can sneak away long enough to see Machete. "I'm going to....uhh....the store, honey. I'll be back in three hours"

Super Moderator

United States
    First off...

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Well....the In laws are coming into town. That should about sum it up for me.
    My condolences, Man. Hopefully it will still be a good weekend for you.

Secondly...
    I'm hoping I can sneak away long enough to see Machete. "I'm going to....uhh....the store, honey. I'll be back in three hours"
    Thanks for reminding me!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    i have some family coming here this weekend, will be busy hosting guests. going to a cardinals game as a group on saturday, then everyone leaves sunday evening and i gotta work (thankfully i'm done with the grocery gig next week...fucking sick of dumb evening hours), then monday will be a wake-and-bake followed by some wii and xbox time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    then monday will be a wake-and-bake followed by some wii and xbox time.
    ya know....that doesn't sound like a bad idea. *calling up some friends with connections*

United States
    Friday, right after work, a bunch of us are taking zombie puppets down to Lake Michigan for the "Fish Fry & A Flick". They're showing Zombieland, and we'll be strolling puppeteers/shambling zombiteers while folks come downtown. They're giving us a booth space to sell swag & pass out flyers for our Halloween show.

Saturday will probably be spent in the shop. I've been working on a new gas pump and radio prop for the show. (BTW, Thx Dube for the model number!).

Sunday, I sleep. Maybe go see a matinee of"Psycho Beach Party" down at one of the smaller local theatres.

Monday, I'll be helping out with the "All-City Parade & Pagaent", which ties into a whole "neighborhoods coming together" kind of theme. Everything is built from recycled & donated materials. Lots of talented hippys involved with this one.

Here's footage from last year's parade:

So all in all, only about as busy as any other weekend...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

United States
    Prof., you're a man after my own heart!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Friday, right after work, a bunch of us are taking zombie puppets down to Lake Michigan for the "Fish Fry & A Flick". They're showing Zombieland, and we'll be strolling puppeteers/shambling zombiteers while folks come downtown. They're giving us a booth space to sell swag & pass out flyers for our Halloween show.
    Dude...

That is so fucking cool! First, a fish fry and flick featuring Zombieland, then zombie puppeteers working the crowd! Sounds so fun and laid back!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Dude...

That is so fucking cool! First, a fish fry and flick featuring Zombieland, then zombie puppeteers working the crowd! Sounds so fun and laid back!
    It's pretty cool. We was down there last year when they showed NOTLD-3D. We wound up with a better review than the movie itself ("These puppets would make Boris Karloff piss himself")

Here's what the scene'll look like:

Fun & Laid Back are good descriptors, Ace8.

They're also pretty good goals...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    That sounds like a load of fun, BillyRay..

My plans are simple: roll up a few fatties, grab a few good movies, and chill most of the weekend - for as long as my wife will let me sit still (which usually isn't very long.. I'm sure I'll get told "GO CUT THE GRASS!" just like some of you <ahem> we saying in Dj's Camero thread.. )

Either way, I hope it will be a relaxing 3-day weekend. I'm not going to any parties, and I'm not having people over 'cept for Friday Dj is indeed coming down to discuss some upcoming projects.

Yeah, I'm antisocial this weekend, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

Yeah, I'm antisocial this weekend, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    I think I can completely appreciate the need to decompress away from other people. I love it, myself.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I'm sure I'll get told "GO CUT THE GRASS!" just like some of you <ahem> we saying in Dj's Camero thread.. )
    ahhhh, c'mon! It was a joke, ya little bitch!

I wish I could be antisocial. With the in laws coming over I'm pretty much screwed with every option....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I think I can completely appreciate the need to decompress away from other people. I love it, myself.
    Amen, sometimes I just need to get the hell away from people. If just for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    ahhhh, c'mon! It was a joke, ya little bitch!

I wish I could be antisocial. With the in laws coming over I'm pretty much screwed with every option....
    I knew you were kidding, dude.. remember my motto:

Besides, you (and others) were right.. It seriously needs a trim.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I'ma be sleeping... maybe restaurant, I dunno.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    I'ma be sleeping... maybe restaurant, I dunno.
    I wanna do what blind2d is doing.

United States

In that order. Repeat.