Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massive gathering of the LIVING DEAD in Romero-Land (September 17-19)

Administrator

England
    ^ Thanks

Always nice to put names to faces!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Bill Cardille was there, too, on Saturday, just not in time to sit in on the Night of the Living Dead panel.

Lots of great images from the convention on Laura Parker's Facebook page...

Russ Streiner

Kyra Schon

Bill Hinzman, Regis Survinski and Gary Streiner

DAWN of the DEAD cinematographer Mike Gornick (right) and his adopted son.

BTW, Laura Parker is Regis Survinski's daughter. The late Vince Survinski was her uncle and she has many rare Night of the Living Dead images from his scrapbook up on Facebook. If it wasn't for Vince, none of us would probably be on this message board.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 23-Sep-2010 at 10:21 AM.

United States
    Sorry i didn't get more pics guys, but heres a few. And thanks again to dubious for the ride! It was a blast! And yes, even Ken Foree was nice!

I had a pic taken a couple years ago with Lenny Lies, so this time my fiance said, "make dorky smiles guys!" and as you'll see, we did! I think it's a funny picture. Good to see him and Sharon again.

Also here is a pic of Lenny getting crazy with a woman who i only know as Diane, an independent film maker. Maybe dubious can elaborate on her identity more. Thought it was an awesome pic.

And finally my fiance and i with John Amplas. Defiantly one of the nicest people i ever met at a convention.
    "Theres no real magic ever!"

I did have about a half hour conversation with Gary Streiner about our hopes for our wedding taking place in Evans City Cemetery and he had some interesting things to say. He said he would make an effort once again to see if it was possible and that he would go, Just then Kyra Schon joined in and said she would go too! then Gary got crazy and said he would get Romero to marry us! Haha, that was an amazing gesture far out as it may be. Then i listened to Gary and Kyra talk about thier idea for a "dead and breakfast". They mentioned rebuilding the farmhouse on the exact spot, and Kyra said she would even serve the food! Imagine that for a second!!!! My head almost exploded!
    Hope you guys can all make it next time!
    Last edited by Trancelikestate; 24-Sep-2010 at 07:45 PM.

United States
    If Kyra Schon opened a dead & breakfast in a rebuilt farmhouse, I would so be there.

That is all.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    If Kyra Schon opened a dead & breakfast in a rebuilt farmhouse, I would so be there.
    Not if I got there first. It would be strictly 'no vacancy" until they removed my dead body from the premises.

United States
    Well, you could board up the windows and doors... Not that it'd help, Dube.

"Old Farmhouse D & B. Just 17 miles from Willard. Look for the flaming chair in the front yard!"
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Well, you could board up the windows and doors... Not that it'd help, Dube.

"Old Farmhouse D & B. Just 17 miles from Willard. Look for the flaming chair in the front yard!"
    What if I just squatted in the basement behind that seemingly indestructible door? You can be the boss upstairs, I'm boss down there.

At the Night of the Living Dead & Breakfast, there could be a Molotov cocktail party every night and a bonfire every morning.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 24-Sep-2010 at 09:59 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Lots of great images from the convention on Laura Parker's Facebook page...

DAWN of the DEAD cinematographer Mike Gornick (right) and his adopted son.

BTW, Laura Parker is Regis Survinski's daughter. The late Vince Survinski was her uncle and she has many rare Night of the Living Dead images from his scrapbook up on Facebook. If it wasn't for Vince, none of us would probably be on this message board.
    Jim, how did you find out that Mike Gornick adopted me?
    BTW, cool banner behind Mike and yours truly. I wonder what talented individual made that?