Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive gathering of the LIVING DEAD in Romero-Land (September 17-19)

Undisclosed

Massive gathering of the LIVING DEAD in Romero-Land (September 17-19)

The DEAD will converge on Pittsburgh, zombie capital of the world, for a massive NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD reunion at the Horror Realm convention on September 17 - 19.

........CHARLES CRAIG...............RUSSELL STREINER................JOHN RUSSO

........BILL CARDILLE...................KYRA SCHON.......................DAVE JAMES

.......GARY STREINER...................BILL HINZMAN...................GEORGE KOSANA

.......LEE HARTMAN...................ELLA MAE SMITH..................HERBERT SUMMER

.......JOSEPH UNITAS..................RICK CATIZONE

Also scheduled is a rare BASKET CASE reunion featuring director Frank Henenlotter and star Kevin Van Hentenryck, as well as a DAWN of the DEAD reunion and a whole lot more! Visit the official convention web site.for more ghoulish info:

Last edited by DubiousComforts; 05-Sep-2010 at 10:42 AM.

United States
    Nice! Sounds good. I'm betting you'll be there dubious? I'll go if i can get a ride. it's only 21 miles from my house and no LDF means this may be the next best thing.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    Nice! Sounds good. I'm betting you'll be there dubious? I'll go if i can get a ride. it's only 21 miles from my house and no LDF means this may be the next best thing.
    You pest! Where do you live? I'll pick you up on my way there. Sharon Hill will also be there, so you can't miss it.

United States
    haha! i know! sorry! I wonder if she'll remember the flowers we sent. I live in penn hills. how far out of your way if that? Also my fiance will most likely wanna come too. That'd be super awesome though if you could pick our no car havin a$$es up.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    You pest! Where do you live? I'll pick you up on my way there. Sharon Hill will also be there, so you can't miss it.
    Pick me up too please on the way!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    You got it. where you at Neil?!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    haha! i know! sorry! I wonder if she'll remember the flowers we sent. I live in penn hills. how far out of your way if that? Also my fiance will most likely wanna come too. That'd be super awesome though if you could pick our no car havin a$$es up.
    I saw Sharon at Chiller and then again at Famous Monsters, and she does recall the flowers. We'll figure something out. You're about 20 miles from the convention hotel. Which day were you planning to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Pick me up too please on the way!
    I'd better start driving now then. Hope my car is waterproof and floats.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    I'd better start driving now then. Hope my car is waterproof and floats.
    DB you JUST need to upgrade and add the ‘Big Daddy’ option where your vehicle will gently drift to the bottom of water, in your case the Atlantic Ocean, and just maneuver itself with no navigation on the ocean floor until you reach the nearest port in the UK. From there you can pick up Neil and MapQuest yourself back home.

United States
    What day would you recommend? sunday?

United States
    Yo DC. I have Sunday off so it will be Sunday. you still down?
    Last edited by Trancelikestate; 10-Sep-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Undisclosed
    Yeah, trance. I'm really busy at the moment but will shoot you a PM in a day or so.

Administrator

England
    So, let's have some news (& photos?) then...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    An awesome time, though attendance was moderate and people didn't seem to be spending much.

The NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD panel was unbelievably cool...

Among other highlights, also got to hang with Trance and his girlfriend for a bit. It's always great to meet the faces behind the screen names.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 23-Sep-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Administrator

England
    So, starter question for 10 points... Name the individuals above, left to right
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Sorry, I should have done that in the first place as well as credit the photographer...

(Front row, L to R) John Russo (screenwriter), Russ Streiner (producer), George Kosana (the sheriff), Bill Hinzman (in cemetery ghoul make-up)
    (Middle row, L to R) Joe Unitas (lighting supervisor), Rick Catizone (The Animators), Lee Hartman (ghoul), Dave James (another ghoul), Charles Craig (TV newscaster), Kyra Schon (Karen Cooper), Ella Mae Smith (yet another ghoul!), Gary 'the man' Streiner (sound engineer), Regis 'Einstein' Survinski (special effects)
    (Back row, L to R): Ken Kish and Art Ettinger (panel moderators)

Not pictured: Herbert Summer (ghoul shot at gas pump). Photo by Laura Parker.

Very funny story courtesy of pyrotechnics expert Regis Survinski: we were looking at a photo of the NOTLD newsroom and he said, "I remember the Sunday when we filmed that!" I said, "how do you remember that it was a Sunday?" Regis replied, "because that was the day my moonshine still exploded after church!"
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 23-Sep-2010 at 10:19 AM.