Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower film trilogy AND tv series.

England
    Hmmm despite how good many of Kings books are, they always seem to make a hash of them when translating to film barring a few exceptions, hopefully they wont with these. The film version of the stand was ok, but Harold looked nothing like the book version & the ending was poorly done!

Administrator

England
    ...and a bit more news...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48244
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Huh. so a single movie you see in threatres then the story continues in an hour long weekly episodic series? i can get in on that.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    I'm still holding out hope for Keifer Sutherland as Roland.
    You know, I could see this. I dig Kiefer Sutherland and could see him kicking some ass as Roland of Gilead. But you have got to throw in at least a few: "WHERE'S THE BOMB!!??" scenes with him.

Let me throw in a vote here for Gary Busey as the Tick-Tock Man in the Wastelands. And I've already said we need Eastwood to play Roland's daddy and Jamey Sheridan to return as Randy Flagg.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    You know, I could see this. I dig Kiefer Sutherland and could see him kicking some ass as Roland of Gilead. But you have got to throw in at least a few: "WHERE'S THE BOMB!!??" scenes with him.

Let me throw in a vote here for Gary Busey as the Tick-Tock Man in the Wastelands. And I've already said we need Eastwood to play Roland's daddy and Jamey Sheridan to return as Randy Flagg.

j.p.
    Eastwood is too old for that part surely... His father is going to be around 40-50? Not 70-80?

Maybe 20yrs ago, but not now surely?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    What's the issue in making his dad a bit older?

I don't really see that having any huge impact on it. Plus, it's freaking Clint Eastwood.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Administrator

England
    Because Roland is about 15... So his dad conceived him then when he was about 60... Which suggests this old gun slinger was firing blanks for a long time before he found a live round! It would also place his mother as being 25yrs or so younger than his father, which is unusual!
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    So Javier Bardem is almost Roland Deschain - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Javie...wer-24078.html
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Who is going to play King? Do you think he'd do himself? Or too old to play himself now?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Javier Bardem?!?! Really? I just don't see it. . .not at all. . . .where is the steely gaze. The bombadiers eyes? nah. . .I don't see him in the role.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So Javier Bardem is almost Roland Deschain - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Javie...wer-24078.html
    Sorry, have to agree with the clang here, I'm just not seeing it. Not grizled and hard bitten enough by a long shot.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Is the project stalling?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Will-...wer-24569.html

---------- Post added 10-May-2011 at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-May-2011 at 10:41 AM ----------

How are they going to deal with Odetta Holmes and her lack of legs? I suspect - excuse the pun - they'll chop that out, and she'll have legs. It seems to add nothing to the plot really...

Also interested on how they handle the demon scene involving her!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/05/...r_business.php

lot of bad press surrounding it right now. which sucks. but genre tv has been dying out for like the last half a decade so its not surprising.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/05/...r_business.php

lot of bad press surrounding it right now. which sucks. but genre tv has been dying out for like the last half a decade so its not surprising.
    Sad news

---------- Post added 14-May-2011 at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-May-2011 at 11:23 PM ----------

Budget cuts? http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/univ...o-trim-budget/
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan