Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Florida Pastor May Reconsider Cancellation of Quran Burning

United States
    The guy has a congregation of only 50 followers... how is he the representative of the entire religion or of Americans?

The Islamic population is saying, "Don't judge us based on a handful of radicals."

And yet they are judging us because of a smaller handful of radicals?

Pot meet kettle.

And, how dare they say Death to Christians and Americans if this one guy and his small group of followers burn the Quran. Sure its their belief in the words and what the book represents. What about the protests in Afghanistan where they are burning the American flag in response to this? Link to article.

That is acceptable? Burn our book we kill people who had nothing to do with it... sounds fair to me.

Kettle meet pot.

Lets blame who really should be blamed... the freaking media for blowing this so completely out of the water that it is now an international incident. I guarantee that quaran's will burn somewhere (there are fucking stupid people out there) and that people will die because of it (yes there are fucking stupid people everywhere).

You are both black ... freaking idiots!

Twitching

United States
    I'm SICK of the damned hypocrisy!
    We watch, almost completely desensitized by now due to it happening so often, as MUSLIM crowds dance in the streets when American civilians who were kidnapped get beheaded, that CHEERED by the millions the "Blow against the Great Shaitan" (to quote multiple Imam's, Ie: their euphemism for the 9/11 attacks), we watch crowds burn the American flag and have street parties when attacks by non-uniformed cowards kill American soldiers, but then AMERICANS are the bigots if we choose to behave in like manner?

Bullshit! The Muslim extremists went too far with this damned Mosque (and don't even dare correct me about it not being a mosque because they call it an Interfaith Community Center that "happens" to have a Islam-centric "prayer room") near Ground Zero. Their logic about it being a gesture of reconciliation with Americans is an INSULT TO OUR INTELLIGENCE. It's meant to do exactly what the original Cordoba was meant to do. Serve as a memorial and testament to a Muslim victory over their enemies.

I'm tired of Muslims who butcher us in cowardly ways wrapping themselves in the 1st Amendment and everyone rushing to defend them, but if anti-Islam factions here at home attempt to avail themselves of the SAME FREEDOM, they're exposed to 100x the negative outcry that the Muslims are.

Most of all, I'm tired of a culture that contains literally MILLIONS of individuals taking concrete and vicious actions to further their stated goal of wiping America out, or at best conquering and forcibly converting us being tiptoed around and afforded every courtesy, while those exercising the exact same freedoms the Muslims are lauded for exercising are quickly condemned as whackos.

Oh, and btw, as a resident of Florida I'm going to go with my local newspaper, as its located 35 minutes south of the Gainesville Pastor in question, when this morning's paper announced the itinerary is back to scheduling the burning of "10 to 20 Qurans".

Edit: Realized I left something important out. That is: It's about time someone burned a bunch of the Unholy Books that gave rise to such an extremist element in what was once an advanced and cosmopolitan culture.
    Last edited by Wyldwraith; 10-Sep-2010 at 03:45 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    I'm SICK of the damned hypocrisy!...Edit: Realized I left something important out. That is: It's about time someone burned a bunch of the Unholy Books that gave rise to such an extremist element in what was once an advanced and cosmopolitan culture.
    Grabs popcorn... waits for the flame war to begin...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I called it yesterday. And these won't be the last.

All because of an arrogant, handle bar mustache wearing asshole that feels the need to push his beliefs on others....

It's dickwads like him that make me not want to participate in service every week...
    Cut him some slack.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get laid in a handlebar moustache?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Cut him some slack.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get laid in a handlebar moustache?

That's almost sig worthy right there.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsyfn View Post
    Wait for it.. waaaaait for it.........

What REALLY concerns me is not what he's doing, but how much attention this dick is getting. He's got 50 followers, WGAF what he does?!

Sensationalized by the media, and everyone piles on. Greaaaaaat.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 10-Sep-2010 at 04:51 PM.

United States
    The anticipation is killing me... i hope it will last...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

That's almost sig worthy right there.

Wait for it.. waaaaait for it.........

What REALLY concerns me is not what he's doing, but how much attention this dick is getting. He's got 50 followers, WGAF what he does?!

Sensationalized by the media, and everyone piles on. Greaaaaaat.
    I swear, i was waiting for you to post that! LMAO!

That is one smoking hot chick.

And almost sig worthy!?!

Just ask those barbershop quartet guys. They had it rough man. You'd think that they'd be getting pussy thrown at them left and right. Not the case.

I guess it's back to the lab.

Last edited by darth los; 10-Sep-2010 at 05:05 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post

Edit: Realized I left something important out. That is: It's about time someone burned a bunch of the Unholy Books that gave rise to such an extremist element in what was once an advanced and cosmopolitan culture.
    While I do understand your anger/frustration towards extremists (and I'm certain you would say in every religion as opposed to just Islamic fundies as you're always been level-headed, Wyld) I'd have to argue that no book is "holy" unto itself (even the "Holy Bible" as I call it just out of habit as opposed to believing there's anything intrinsicially 'holy' about it) but is only made manifest in the actions of believers. There's nothing more special about the Qu'ran than the Bible or the Bible as opposed to the book "The Vampire Lestat" by Anne Rice within itself alone. They are all just books with words in them -- although we place more emphasis on the Bible as Christians because we (in our faith and, as Catholics, as part of our Sacred Tradition) find the stories/parables/etc. to be inspired in our relationship with God/Christ. It's the inspired meaning within such works that make them "holy" to us as people.

Now, I'll stand back and wait for fundamentalist Christians to attempt to throw things at me for making this comment as they consider Scripture to be absolutely 100% literal and basically penned by God.

The Qu'ran is no more "Unholy" as a book than the Book of Mormon, writings of Michael Moore, or "The Satanic Bible" by Anton LeVay -- even if I could find some of the messages to be disturbing in these works it doesn't mean it's anything more than what it is -- a book and a book alone.

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 10-Sep-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I swear, i was waiting for you to post that! LMAO!

And almost sig worthy!?!
    Well, I posted that, then I thought better and said "screw it" and put it in my sig.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can now sleep easy and have a good weekend.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsyfn View Post
    I'll get the beers in...
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I'm getting a little impatient for this flame war to get started... Do I have to? 'Cause I will! ...As long as everyone's okay with that... are you? Everyone? Whatever, pass the popcorn.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I don't think we have enough regular members anymore for a flame war.

United States
    Ehhhh, I don't believe in all that religion hogwash. It's just a book, who cares if they burn a few?
    This is just showing another way they are trying to squeeze our nuts with that crap. I don't agree with the guy burning that wretched book, but it's his right. No matter for what fucked up reasoning he puts behind it...

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I just heard that he decided not to do it after all... I could be wrong.
    Last edited by blind2d; 12-Sep-2010 at 02:31 AM.