Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seems the only forum dedicated to TWD at the moment - Shame we can't get it announced

Administrator

England

Seems the only forum dedicated to TWD at the moment - Shame we can't get it announced

I don't think there are any other forums around dedicated to this series at the moment.

It's a shame we can't get it mentioned or announced on any official sites/Facebook/Twitter pages
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not for the show directly, but about TWD in general: http://twdfanclub.net/. So we aren't the only one.

As for official? AMC's TWD site has a "forum" section, but it's more like a shoutbox kind of deal.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I don't think there are any other forums around dedicated to this series at the moment.

It's a shame we can't get it mentioned or announced on any official sites/Facebook/Twitter pages
    That is interesting!

I do know most people who are fans of the comic, thus the show, and are looking for an 'official' board probably have found their way to Kirkman's board (iirc based on Image's--his comic publisher's--servers). We could probably get some pretty good traffic from people who don't want to post there, from what I've seen it's a place you might like to visit, but not lay a foundation, if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 13-Sep-2010 at 03:45 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just an Idea.

This is called the Homepage of the dead, not the official page of GAr.

If this show takes off perhaps this site should be dedicated to that as well.

If that's going to happen perhaps you should get ahead of it because if it becomes popular enough people will want to research it and this place, if it is still one of the places you can find info on it ,will get alot more trafic and that means alot more advert dollars for you.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not a bad idea, los. The forums I could see sliding as they are, but the main page wouldn't really fit that bill. It would have to be reworked in some way.

As for getting a slice of the pie......I imagine AMC/FX are probably working on some kind of official forum as we speak...
    Last edited by bassman; 13-Sep-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Not a bad idea, los. The forums I could see sliding as they are, but the main page wouldn't really fit that bill. It would have to be reworked in some way.

As for getting a slice of the pie......I imagine AMC/FX are probably working on some kind of official forum as we speak...
    I wouldn't have a problem with the forums having a makeover if it's going to make the place better, we're not married to gar after all.

Things have to either evolve or die.

Also, that's why I suggested he get the jump on it so our name is out there and search engines will have the site at or near the top.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

Things have to either evolve or die.
    Or die and evolve into undead underwater navigating, tidal-resistant super-zombies.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Or die and evolve into undead underwater navigating, tidal-resistant super-zombies.

He did set himself up for hat one.

England
    Dumb question: Wouldn't adding some kind of "walking dead" description to the website make it show up on WD searches?
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Dumb question: Wouldn't adding some kind of "walking dead" description to the website make it show up on WD searches?
    Exactly.

No offense but the name Geaorge A. Romero isn't exactly making people beat a path to our door anymore.

Now TWD might be something long lasting or it might be a fad but even if it just helps the site make money short term I think it's worth a gamble.

There are going to be way more people with interest in it than GAr particularly in the beginning.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I'll add it...

I've specifically registered the walking dead forum with some search engines... But if anyone here knows anywhere else to 'pimp' it that's appropriate feel free!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Cool

This is not to take away anything from these awesome forums, but we did start a forum JUST for fans of the comic and tv series. You can find us at http://www.roamersandlurkers.com.

Hopefully, we can be a friendly neighbor.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by roamerslurkers View Post
    This is not to take away anything from these awesome forums, but we did start a forum JUST for fans of the comic and tv series. You can find us at http://www.roamersandlurkers.com.

Hopefully, we can be a friendly neighbor.
    I stand corrected

"I don't think there are hardly any other forums around dedicated to this series at the moment."
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Neil, contact AMC and have them link your site... since FD is a huge GAR fan and the series is an homage to GAR Zed films witht he right words to the right people I am sure they would have no problem linking your site to their stuff for TWD... shit, Universal linked to me for DAWN 04, so i don;t see why AMC wouldn't do the same.

FREE PRESS is FREE PRESS
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

England
    Not many forums!! I find that hard to believe.
    There are 4 podcasts already. 3 of which are excellent.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA