Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seems the only forum dedicated to TWD at the moment - Shame we can't get it announced

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Neil, contact AMC and have them link your site...
    And if that doesn't work I suppose it could become the Code Z Club...

United States
    as much as i dislike romero's new shit and feel that the walking dead will be the new "gold standard" for living dead properties, i gotta say i don't like the idea of this place changing itself (even if it's just a few words) just to get attention, advertising dollars, or hits.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I see where you're coming from prof. but GAr no longer holds or has proven he deserves a monopoly on the genre when the best it has to offer doesn't come from him anymore and hasn't in a long time.

Now if we were advertising runners I'd be concerned.

The ghouls in TWD are the same product just a different brand.

And Romero has been peddling us New formula coke for years now. Perhaps it's time to switch to pepsi.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What does it matter to us how this place is advertised? This place isn't free, ya know. If Neil can make mo' money, I'm all for it. Runners, Climbers, Transvestites, whatever kind of zombies he wishes to promote...
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Sep-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    What does it matter to us how this place is advertised? This place isn't free, ya know. If Neil can make mo' money, I'm all for it. Runners, Climbers, Transvestites, whatever kind of zombies he wishes to promote...
    Post of the day son!

And how the hell did you get your hands on Zack Snyder's next project script?

I agree. Neil has been running this place for a while now and while I'm not sure what his bottom line is he deserves to make as much green as he can.

As long as it doesn't compromise the quality of the site, what's the problem?

In fact it could get him the flexibility to do uber cool things on the site that were previously too expensive, who knows.

It's worth a try imo.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by roamerslurkers View Post
    This is not to take away anything from these awesome forums, but we did start a forum JUST for fans of the comic and tv series. You can find us at http://www.roamersandlurkers.com.
    An official person beat me to it.

There's also http://www.walkingdeadforum.com/

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    as much as i dislike romero's new shit and feel that the walking dead will be the new "gold standard" for living dead properties, i gotta say i don't like the idea of this place changing itself (even if it's just a few words) just to get attention, advertising dollars, or hits.
    The world is moving on buddy. GAR is stagnating, and although he nurtured my love of zombies, I am more than happy to embrace the walking dead on this forum/site.

It's a shame we aren't all posting here and saying...

"that walking dead looks ok, but we have 6 EPIC, kick ass GAR movies to talk about and maybe more to look forward to".

...but that isn't the case...the Walking Dead offers something fresh, a new perspective, new adventures in the realms of undead survival horror (tm). If this site wants to blend that with old skool GAR, I don't see the problem.

Edit: we also have old skool WD readers here as well...so it's not unatural for them to want a place to discuss it.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 15-Sep-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yes sir, been into it since the 6th issue!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Aso, waiting years for one film and that film disapointing the shit out of us is getting old.

If there are other sources of zombiedom that will give us joy, then why not have a place to discuss it and in turn advertise that we're doing it?

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Yes sir, been into it since the 6th issue!
    I'm a n00b, not even cracked open my two hard back volumes yet.

But I know what it is like to "discover" something at the beggining and be able to say "I was there at the start...before the bandwagon got jumped on".
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I'm a n00b, not even cracked open my two hard back volumes yet.

But I know what it is like to "discover" something at the beggining and be able to say "I was there at the start...before the bandwagon got jumped on".
    Being able to say that does feel good.

Before you open that first hard back, make sure you've got no plans in the immediate future because you won't be able to put it down. And, unlike other trades/comics I read, ya can't fly through it... well you CAN, technically, but you find yourself setting a nice moderate pace to really take in the pictures as well as the story.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Neil, contact AMC and have them link your site... since FD is a huge GAR fan and the series is an homage to GAR Zed films witht he right words to the right people I am sure they would have no problem linking your site to their stuff for TWD... shit, Universal linked to me for DAWN 04, so i don;t see why AMC wouldn't do the same.

FREE PRESS is FREE PRESS
    Well I emailed them yesterday.. Suspect I'll hear nothing back...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    i noticed on the special features on "Survival of the Dead"(yes I bought it) Romero was pimping "The Walking Dead" so, why not vica versa? HPotD get some too? All free publicity for everyone!!!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Well I emailed them yesterday.. Suspect I'll hear nothing back...
    I was right!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    i noticed on the special features on "Survival of the Dead"(yes I bought it) Romero was pimping "The Walking Dead" so, why not vica versa? HPotD get some too? All free publicity for everyone!!!
    Really? What was said? Last we heard, he hadn't been approached to direct an episode and he would turn it down if they did ask...