Thread: Games vs. Films: Resident Evil

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Games vs. Films: Resident Evil

This is a pretty cool read.

Personally i enjoy them both because I keep them in seperate Universes(?)

But for my money the game versions are the best hands down, before they started getting all arcady and multiplarery.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...dent-Evil.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    >G4tv

NOPE.

England
    Love the games...really enjoy the pop-corn-brain-off movies. Jill Valentine in the Resi 2 movie was "pixel perfect" IMO.

I also thought the Silent Hill movie was excellent, it really captured the look and feel of the game, it had a wonderfully disturbing look about it.

That said, I've always believed that you can't really make these movies true to the games, as they would involve the charracters running around for an hour to find a simple key to unlock a basic wooden draw or door that could be forced open by even a little slip of a girl like Milla.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    >G4tv

NOPE.
    G4 is fucking awesome.

As for the games/movies....The last game I played was RE2, but even with that little bit of experience, it's the games over the movies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    >G4tv

NOPE.
    Why they venom towards g4? Did they rape your dog or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Love the games...really enjoy the pop-corn-brain-off movies. Jill Valentine in the Resi 2 movie was "pixel perfect" IMO.

I also thought the Silent Hill movie was excellent, it really captured the look and feel of the game, it had a wonderfully disturbing look about it.

That said, I've always believed that you can't really make these movies true to the games, as they would involve the charracters running around for an hour to find a simple key to unlock a basic wooden draw or door that could be forced open by even a little slip of a girl like Milla.
    But then the game would be over in like a half an hour !

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    G4 is fucking awesome.

As for the games/movies....The last game I played was RE2, but even with that little bit of experience, it's the games over the movies.
    Yes, very awesome.

RE 2 was the last classic in the series and is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue for a remake.

I hope someone from capcom is reading this.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"