Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: remake idea

Chasing Prey

Canada

remake idea

we all here are true zombie fans and we all have great ideas and or resources that would make for a great original romero style film or a direct remake..... and alot of us are close to pa if not IN the actual state. would anyone be interested in making a zed film if the opportunity presented itself?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Oh sure, but I would try to make it as un-remake-y as possible. Firstly, we'd need to get permission to shoot at a small, Chinese fishing village, then, maybe, an arctic place, like Mars... what are we talking about, again?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    making our own film,man. u dont have to get alot of permission,really. some of us own huge backyards, and pittsburgh has alot of public places to shoot. also, it can be done at night outside as to give it a really scary feel.

a friend of mine lives in a great area for a zombie setting
    Last edited by acealive1; 15-Sep-2010 at 01:11 AM.

United States
    Why does it have to be a remake?

There are some of us who do have creative thoughts left in our brains.

We're referred to as people who live outside of Hollywood.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Chasing Prey

Canada
    who wouldnt want a fan version of dawn of the dead?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    who wouldnt want a fan version of dawn of the dead?

No more remakes. We've had enough of those.
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Sep-2010 at 12:38 PM.

England
    Ace, you have the land and the gear...why not make a few little shorts, look at the amount of creative folk on here, you could get a ton of help.

Or trawl the fiction section, you might find something that can be done with the equipment/budget/props you have there. Quick email to the author for permission and you are good to go.

Edit: The was a cracking short story called "Target Practice" on the fiction forum...you need a cabin, a couple of guns, one man and a stack of zombies.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 15-Sep-2010 at 04:53 PM.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Fresh Meat

Backwater region of the Milky Way galaxy, in Kansas City, MO
    United States
    Personally, I could always use another Night of the Living Dead remake... ;-)
    When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. [/center]

UK
    Actually what I think would be quite cool would be to make some shorts as Legion suggests, but set them in Romero's universe – that way you could have original stories that could intersect the main films storyline (preferably the small quiter moments), at various points - especially if you live within striking distance of the actual locations. For example you could have a group of survivors who end up at that little airfield in Dawn but take off when they hear a helicopter approaching – then you have a nice little conceit that the reason Steven only finds a bunch of junk in the hangars is because your survivors have just been in there and looted all the good stuff. You could also take it a step further by having one of them forgetting or placing a hammer on the shelf which Steven subsiquently uses to defend himself with when they're attacked outside the hangar – you're then weaving your film into the very fabric of the Romero universe without trampling all over the originals, which is what re-makes tend to do. Obviously it needs a decent script but it would be cool to see as it would add subtle new layers and textures to the original film while giving your short some serious gravitas, rather than being just another low budget zombie flick/remake.
    Just a shame I live on the other side of The Pond – I'd be well up for something like that – Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue anyone?!! Ha!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    nah I'm with the OP on this one with regards to this...

Imagine if we ALL came up with a setting, a script, a plot, and a whole bunch of money and went out there and shot the film WE want to shoot? Then we'd only have ourselves to blame when we make "dawn of the living dead" and all the zombies jump up walls and talk to each other....!

Still though it'd be an amazing idea if we all pooled resources and finances to come up with our interpretation of what Dawn really should have been remade as (or Day, or whatever) - something that ticked all the boxes we, as hardcore fans, have tried to find ticks for over the last ten years.

Still, a massive pipe dream that will never happen (can see the headlines: web based movie fans remake own version of horror movie)

If it does happen, I call "editor".....!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    I am with my brother Ace, though I am sure he has better ideas than just a pure remake.

"Midnight. Suffering from a proper case of the munchies, Ace and Yojimbo are in a Del Taco Drive through, staring at the menu, waiting for the girl to take their order, hearing only static and moaning through the drive-through speaker. They pull the car forward to the window and see a bloody handprint on the bulletproof glass wall of the cashier booth..."
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 06-Mar-2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: BECAUSE I CAN
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    We might use the jersey shore for filming if it's off-season. Hardly a soul to be seen in most places; perhaps an occassional jogger or someone walking their pooch. But yes, I think it'd be a great idea for a fan film set in Romero's universe. What better tribute to him?

I've toyed with concepts for zombie flicks now and then; I like themes that are what they call "siege" movies (not only zombie flicks, but also movies like "The Mist"). Thinking it would be interesting for characters to hold up in a warehouse, a lighthouse, or maybe make their way along the coast in a boat and raiding for supplies.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 24-Aug-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: sp
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by paultagonist View Post
    Personally, I could always use another Night of the Living Dead remake... ;-)

England
    This would be a great idea. I would love to meet a group of like minded people who want to make low budget fun films or shorts. I write scores and soundtracks for some friends back in the UK but since being in the US haven't either appeared in or filmed anything very much really apart from a couple of comedy shorts and some music videos. So I would be up for this or would happily contribute music and/or editing skills. I have directed a film before after Uni and acted most of my life in one way or another.
    BRUCE CAMPBELL IS GOD
    from a lover of Evil Dead, Zombies, Cult, Exploitation, B-Movies, Action and Comedy

My Movie Review blog - http://aftermoviediner.blogspot.com
    My AMD podcast can be found on iTunes if you search After Movie Diner and at http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/110745
    the podcast blog: http://amdpodcast.blogspot.com/
    or on Facebook under The Podcast from the After Movie Diner and follow me on twitter @aftermoviediner

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I have boom mic experience! And no life! Gimme work!