Thread: Any uk folks have any experience with legally changing a surname?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Any uk folks have any experience with legally changing a surname?

So my dad was a legendary deadbeat, and certified nutjob- really not figuratively and he ran out when i was 2 and my brother was months old, left us with a lakers jersey and a crate of baked beans tins and shit all else.
    Since i was little i wanted to change my surname to disassociate myself with this dude but my mom always said before i was 'of age' he had to say i could and he wouldnt, god knows why, but recently ive been thinking about it more but i cannot for the life of me find anything of the .gov website about changing your surname. the closest result amongst a list of results like "why old people shouldnt fear climate change or digital telly" was "how to register your stillborn childs name from home"

I realize this is an unusual topic but i figure someone might have some common knowledge about this google is not allowing me to be privvy to. anyone know how you go about it in england?

England
    http://www.ukdps.co.uk/

Probably the best place to start, seems to have all the relevant info. Good luck if you go through with it.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 09-Dec-2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: typo...as usual. :(
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon