Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halo Reach thread

Super Moderator

United States
    I don't know when/if I'll get around to picking this up, as 3 was a bit old hat and didn't suck me in the way the preceding titles did. Hell, I haven't even bothered with ODST yet.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    ^^ same. I won't bother with ODST ever because ultiametly it's the same trick bungie have pulled over and over on consumers...its a cut down version of Halo 3 with a shorter campaign and less to do...why would I want that?

Reach is another example of where Bungie actually takes away more than they give. They call it balancing but I call it cheapskating - all they've ever done is cut the game down and streamline it - mostly to its detriment.

Halo 2 was a great example - the campaign felt woefully tacked on and was nothing short of the most boring single player game I've ever experienced. The AR was gone, replaced with a three shot BR. Then Halo 3 attempted to add a few things back in quite well, but ODST and Reach have again taken away so much stuff - ODST has shitty jumping and speed issues (ie cos you're not MC you're slower and weaker) plus a pathetic 6 hour campaign, and Reach has NO dual wielding, no equipment (which I used a LOT in halo 3), and a single shot BR to name but a few.

But then Halo CE was never about what you had, but what you didn't have - only allowing 2 weapons for instance, was quite controversial, but it made the game great and simple - but I think they are going a bit too far now.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i've got a couple of friends who've picked it up, but i think i'm going to hold off till the price drops. didn't play the beta that much but i gotta say i don't remember it being much more than more halo, which isn't a bad thing, but like bass says, not 60 bucks worth of a good thing.
    I feel pretty much the same way about COD.

Each succesive game in the series is not much different than the last but when all your friends have it it's tough being left out of the multiplayer fun.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    i'll agree with ya about CoD, darth. MW and WaW were great, but the direction activision has taken the franchise as of late has turned me off from that series from here on out.

the only redeemable feature i could see about black ops is the ability to save film clips, which i feel is something that should have been included in the first MW game. other than that, looks like the same old shit.

just like MoH is the new BC, reach is the new halo, black ops is the new CoD...it's all stale as fuck with me these days. that's why i been kicking dracula's ass non-stop on all the castlevania games with the wii. something different instead of the non-stop downpour of rehashed FPS's flooding the market right now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Amazing.

Halo: Reach Generated $200M In One Day

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...n-One-Day.html

And what the hell is this about?

Halo: Reach Online Co-op Unplayable On 4GB Xbox 360s

Is anyone having this problem?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1120888p1.html

Last edited by darth los; 16-Sep-2010 at 07:10 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i've heard its painfully short in campaign, and i buy the halo games for the campaign before the multiplayer so it's putting me off a little.
    Took me a little over 8 hours on heroic to finish the game, which is pretty much the average amount of time it takes to complete the single player game in most fps shooters theses days.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

October Halo: Reach Patch To Fix Bugs, Add Game Types

United States
    I'm not a super dooper Halo fan but it's pretty decent game.

I beat H2, H3, skipped out on ODST, and a friend talked me into getting this one. First one I've accually paid for . H2 was givin to me by a high school friend before he left for Navy Boot camp. I borrowed H3 from a friend and returned it after I completed the storyline. I might accually try Multiplayer this time around.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Awesome, they're adding Forge maps to matchmaking, can't wait to see what people come up with. Some pretty impressive numbers so far:

* 31,000,000 Games have been played since launch

* 98,000,000 Player-games have been recorded

* 8,214,338 Daily Challenges have been completed

* 255,996 Weekly Challenges have been completed

* 78,499,560,895 Total Credits have been earned

* 953 Man-years have been spent in matchmade games

* 1365 Man-years have been spent in campaign

* 854,107 files have been uploaded

* 577,804 recommendations have been sent to friends

* 4,619,455 files have been downloaded

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, those numbers unheard of as far as I know.

Perhaps the COD franchise puts up similar stats but not much else.

United States
    I liked the campaign but the Armor that you can purchase confuses me. Does it actually do anything or is it suppose to just look nice?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I liked the campaign but the Armor that you can purchase confuses me. Does it actually do anything or is it suppose to just look nice?
    is it avatar gear your talking about or actual armor for the game? as far as i know, there's no advantages of having one type of armor over another....aside from looks and fatten the fatcats wallets at microsoft, it's pointless.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    is it avatar gear your talking about or actual armor for the game? as far as i know, there's no advantages of having one type of armor over another....aside from looks and fatten the fatcats wallets at microsoft, it's pointless.
    We call that "Digital T-shirt".

Gotta admit, it's a great way to make money, even in a recession...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    The armor is there just to make your spartan look cool, mostly for multiplayer matches so that everyone doesn't look the same.

Undisclosed
    multiteam is dope, multi team swat