Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bioshock Infinite (video game)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Hows this fit in the Bioshock series? I've never played them so all I thought was you were a man in a metal suit running through caves with strange stuff happening here and there...

Someone care to explain?
    no, that's halo.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    ok so which ones are worth playing?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The first one. For a few hours, anyway.

United States
    and why for only a few hours? Short or repetitive?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    and why for only a few hours? Short or repetitive?
    You've got it. Haven't played Bioshock 2, but I hear it's even worse...

United States
    I think I wait until I buy and beat Mass Effect 2.

Super Moderator

UK
    New trailer:

Sexy.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You've got it. Haven't played Bioshock 2, but I hear it's even worse...

I Liked bioshock 2.

Im obviously in the minority though :P

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I Liked bioshock 2.

Im obviously in the minority though :P
    Bioshock to was an unashamed cash in that took the thought provoking randyianesque story in place of 'durr its a cult! hurr durrr derp de doo' and was a step down in every way. worse story, worse soundtrack, worse design, it frankly doesn't deserve to be considered on the same level as the other shock games. much like the crappy fear expansions that are no longer canon.
    More power to you for enjoying it, but the hate for it is not without reason.

Super Moderator

UK
    Time for some thread necromancy for a swanky new trailer that officially looks the tits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE&hd=1

The setting looks incredible - a whole new world to get completely wrapped up in. That was one of the best things about BioShock, the world felt so full of former life, and this looks greater still. I think I'll be spending a considerable amount of time just walking around going "ooh" and "ahh" at the sights.

United States
    Not sure why but I had thought this game had already came out and was waiting on it to get cheaper....now I'm heart broken....

United States
    Not sure why but I had thought this game had already came out
    That's because they've been hyping it for what seems like 2 years now.

I saw a guy who reviews games online make this statement and it about made me lmfao. He said, "Speaking of games coming out, anyone remember BioShock Infinite? Neither do we!"

They started pushing this game WAY too early.

Super Moderator

UK
    They always do it. It's ridiculous. They've been pimping the likes of FarCry 3, Hitman Absolution, ACIII and so on for months now. The onslaught of trailers is damn near relentless ... and it doesn't need to be that way. They released a bunch of trailers for Saints Row The Third, but really it was just that one ten minute chunk of gameplay that really got chins actually wagging - that footage stood out above the usual crop of trailers that merge together as one big blob of forgettable PR campaigning. Less videos, released in a grander fashion, would be preferable.

That said, I very much enjoyed the featurettes for Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire as it was coming forth - with those it was basically a six month campaign releasing featurettes every couple of weeks that covered game mechanics or features etc, and all rounded up nicely ... oddly enough, it never felt like a hard sell. Looking at ACIII or particularly FarCry 3, it very much feels like the hard sell. I want to play both games, but good lord I made my mind up about that ages ago - only I can decide when I'll buy it (and I always knew I was never pre-ordering them, nor buying them brand new, both are waiters in my view) - I don't need an avalanche of trailers clogging up my YouTube feed. I don't need to be introduced to every flippin' character in the game.

Let the gamer do some actual discovery when they play the game.

There's too many trailers these days. Prometheus was a prime example in the movie world. It's obscene how many trailers there were for that (they're all on the Blu-Ray, and watching them back to back, half of them looked identical!) ... I loved Prometheus, and loved that teaser trailer that first came out, but good lord, the relentless campaign for it was too much. Games are no different. I can understand the monetary concerns and the crowded marketplace, but there are other methods out there, and at the very least you don't have to be so goddamned blunt.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    They always do it.
    They do, but none of them have been advertised as early as Infinite. This game takes the cake in that regard. In fact, at this point, I couldn't care less when it comes out or even if it does. Sure, looks fantastic, but it looked fantastic 2 years ago when they first started hyping it.