Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bioshock Infinite (video game)

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy6IEibAl1I

The first 5 minutes of the game - it's dripping with atmosphere - going on this and other gameplay/details, methinks this game is going to the bomb in Phantoms, yo!

Administrator

England

BioShock Infinite (video game)

Never played a Bioshock game, but I know a lot of you enjoy them....

System requirements:-

MINIMUM
    Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
    Memory: 2 GB
    Hard Drive: 20 GB free
    Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
    Video Card Memory: 512 MB
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

RECOMMENDED
    Processor: Quad Core Processor
    Memory: 4 GB
    Hard Drive: 30 GB free
    Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
    Video Card Memory: 1024 MB
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

20-30GB of disk... Wow! That's all those hires textures!

http://irrationalgames.com/insider/p...ite-announced/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Okay now this is just goddamn fantastic.

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, it's looking like a pretty damn sexy game alright.

There's always some numpties online though, like on YouTube comments - folks complaining about the change of the artwork to include the guy carrying a gun (to "appeal to the CoD fans" apparently ), and the change in Elizabeth's attire (no more bulging bosom and anime-size eyes) ... people be crazy.

I hope to see the same wonderous and awe-inspiring sense of place that BioShock exhibited, and without the iffy late portion of that game, where the wonder and tense fear seemed to melt away a bit. This certainly looks like it's gonna be good.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Well i finally got it and finished it after a whopping 19 hours compared to the 6 it took me for the last one.

On the whole i would recommend it, though the final areas scream "it was delayed for 2 years because they had to hastily rebuild some shit" in terms of changes in tone and design ethos.

Without spoilers its interesting, thats the best way i can describe it. You will walk along and hear a barbershop quartet in 1912 singing 'god only knows' or 'material girl' and its off putting and kind of rad. But unfortunately this kind of gets ignored in favour of shooting waves of dudes in the final areas, the songbird is actually barely in the game and the ending is basically a massive plothole that makes the whole story "wrong" in a way.

Don't get me wrong the games easily my game of the year thus far, but NOTHING from the trailers happened in my game and i explored everything.

Which makes me wonder if stuff was cut in one of its 2 rebuilds, OR there are choices you make unconsciously that effects what scenarios occur.

Overall my one actual criticism is the waste of Elizabeths 'tearing' ability. In trailers its sold as opening random dimensional portals where different things occur all the time like a 1983 cinema playing revenge of the jedi. Cool right?

Well actually all it will be is in set fight areas there will be weapons, turrets or health she can 'pop in' if you look at them and press X and thats literally all it does outside a few story points.
    That said all the other problems, like a disjointed story that ends poorly, columbias design becoming increasingly lazy and the whole exploration and lockpicking thing being largely pointless can be swept aside by the whole experience. its fun, really really fun.

The worst i can say is its much better at the start then the finale, just like any 'shock' game really.