Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 appreciation thread...

UK
    As with my first post – no spoilers, just some observations.

With regards to the load times, yes they're pretty long – haven't played case zero so I can't compare, but bear in mind the amount of zombies it's loading is just mental.

The survivor AI is dramatically improved, they're pretty handy in fight now and a lot more talkative too.

The save system is similar to the first game in that you have to use rest-rooms etc, but you get three save slots now which gives you a bit of a safety net so you don't blow your case files if you screw your timings up. As with before you can just ignore them and go on the rampage and do your own thing.

The game structure so far seems pretty similar to the first game, which is no bad thing in my book. Obviously, if you found DR1 repetitive then you may have the same issue this time round. It is a much bigger and varied environment so it may take a while get to know it inside out which will keep you on your toes. Personally I never got bored of the first game, it has always been part of my regular game rotation so I may not be the best person to judge how repetitive it is. It is, however, a much better game than the first, if you loved that one and had a blast with it, I'm sure you'll have even more of a blast with this one.

And for anyone still on the fence about it, I will say this:

Anyone who dreams of a Rhodes style low speed getaway in an under powered electric buggy – your prayers have been answered!

Super Moderator

United States

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Anyone who dreams of a Rhodes style low speed getaway in an under powered electric buggy – your prayers have been answered!
    Ooh! Ooh!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post

Amazing.

Super Moderator

UK
    *cums everywhere*

Incidentally, my copy turned up today.

Super Moderator

UK
    Just had the bit (after a mission) where I escaped through the underground on an electric buggy ... which was totally silent, not even an electric motor whir, which was odd.

I've had about four hours on it now ... had to re-do part of the game as I ran out of time doing one of the missions (yeah, I'm actually bothering this time with the missions) ... (early spoiler)

not keen on this Zombrex thing every 24 hours, even though it's a videogame and the girl isn't real, it'd be weird to let the kid cark it and then go running around in a sundress slaying zeds however you please

Anyone know how to beat the green-suited guy on the bike? I came across him when I was running out of time to get back to the safehouse to continue the story.

Also - motherfucking enemies in this game are hard as shit. For example, me shooting one bad guy (wearing jeans and t-shirt) with a FUCKING SHOTGUN and it takes off merely a sliver of damage. Plus hie damage to me is much bigger and it's hard to avoid the fucker.

There are still annoying things like in the original game, so not an awful lot has changed over-the-piece, but it's really more of the same but a bit better than the first generally speaking.

I still think it's retarded that when you aim a gun you face the way Chuck is facing, not the way your camera is facing ... that shit pisses me off.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I still think it's retarded that when you aim a gun you face the way Chuck is facing, not the way your camera is facing ... that shit pisses me off.
    That can be changed in the options menu, if you haven't already figured it out.

I'm finding the psychopaths in this game a lot harder than the first, bumped into quite a few and all but two of them have handed my ass to me on a plate - those that didn't almost did. Could be that after years of running round DR1 with the megabuster I've gotten a little slack, lol.

I've also spotted a fantastic nod to Uncle George too, a real punch the air yahoo moment, very subtle, very cool and it does add something to the gameplay too - hope others have/will spot it too. Sweet.

After giving it some welly this weekend, overall I must say that I'm very impressed with it. Love the combo cards, and just the amount of 'stuff', feels like there's more things to just potter about with. And what's not love about beating a zombie about the head with a ladies pleasure device...

Super Moderator

UK
    I could have sworn I saw dildos in the "what would Chuck do?" video! lol

I think I did see the setting, but didn't read it correctly and thought it was something else ... so I think I must have gone and changed it to exactly what I didn't want, doi!

Will change it around next time I play.

I'm about to start Case 3-2 and have recently given Katy her 2nd Zombrex. Next play through though she can do-one, cos next time I go through this game it's gonna all be about zombie killin' alone.

UK
    Just got through my first 72 hours, got a 'D' ending - things didn't quite go according to plan. Messed up on the Zombrex...

Have a new plan for this run through, maybe this one will work - not holding my breath, lol.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm hoping to find a list of Zombrex locations online sometime soon.

United States
    I see the PC version of the game is "floating around out there" so-to-speak. It's about FUCKING TIME! I still can't believe they didn't release DR1 on the PC...

I also noticed there is a +14 trainer for the PC version too.. *snicker* One of the best reasons to have games on the PC. Trainers, free online play, better graphics, better controls....

Can't wait. Tomorrow needs to get here, like, tomorrow.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Can't wait. Tomorrow needs to get here, like, tomorrow.
    Welcome to the longest day of your life... where every minute seems like an hour and every hour seems like a week!

Undisclosed
    Guess what Gamefly is shipping to me, turdsters?

United States
    Picking up my copy tonight!

Super Moderator

UK
    Lou - I'd be interested in getting it for the PC at some stage, just to enjoy it with cheats on motherfuckers.

And surely there will be mods put out there ... and you know what I'm talkin' about - a hardcore Monroeville Mall mod, just to rub more salt into Rubenstein's wounds. Plus it'd be bad ass anyway ... mod the zombies so they didn't have red eyes, nor that "queen" business, and so that only headshots killed them (be they melee or a bullet).

I'm currently on "Day 2" in the game.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I made a lightsaber! Go to the movie theatre, examine a poster then go to a maintainance shed and combine a flashlight and gems.