Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 appreciation thread...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Welcome to the longest day of your life... where every minute seems like an hour and every hour seems like a week!
    Tell me about it! Sheesh.. tomorrow can't get here quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Lou - I'd be interested in getting it for the PC at some stage, just to enjoy it with cheats on motherfuckers.
    DAMN RIGHT!

And surely there will be mods put out there ... and you know what I'm talkin' about - a hardcore Monroeville Mall mod, just to rub more salt into Rubenstein's wounds. Plus it'd be bad ass anyway ... mod the zombies so they didn't have red eyes, nor that "queen" business, and so that only headshots killed them (be they melee or a bullet).
    Yeah, now that it's coming out on PC, all the normal goodies (cheats, trainers, free online play, mods, etc) will be coming. It's just a matter of time.

I'm betting there's going to be some kickass mods coming out for this game.

Undisclosed
    I read somewhere that you can make Freddy Krueger claws with a glove and some knives.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I read somewhere that you can make Freddy Krueger claws with a glove and some knives.
    Boxing gloves and the bowie knife.

Looks more like wolverine w/the three blades, but fun none the less!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 27-Sep-2010 at 09:47 PM.

United States
    just got back in from picking my copy up. when i went to install the game on my HDD (still rocking to 20gig model), i didn't have enough space....and then i dorked out and erased DR2 case:0, so i just threw all that progress out the window.

oh well, fuck it. i can't wait to fire this up for a few. got a test at 8am, but i studied most of the evening so it's time to kick back, relax, and mutilate some undead fucks. 94% installed, gotta run!

Super Moderator

UK
    Was too busy yesterday catching up on shows and podcasts galore from the SModcast network, so didn't get around to playing any.

I must find this Playboy store that's somewhere in the game - you can pick up a dildo and whack zombies upside the gob as you look at half-naked chicks.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    you can pick up a dildo and whack zombies upside the gob as you look at half-naked chicks.
    See, dreams really can come true.

Anyone built a blitzkrieg yet? It's the most hysterically funny weapon in the history of gaming - you'll never look at Stephen Hawking in quite the same way again...

United States
    Well, I got my copy, but I picked it up for the PC. I have a few bitches about that I need to get out of the way.

First off, PC version = $39.99 Xbox360 version? $59.99

My question is, WHY?! Ok, first off, the 360 version you get the game. That's it. Well, that and the ability to play on Xbox live. Whoop-de-fucking-do. With the PC version, what do you get? Let's see... the game, the ability to play online FOR FREE, trainers, and pretty soon after that, mods. Lots and LOTS of mods.

So, why the hell is the 360 so much more expensive? For the exclusivity of using a controller and playing on their pay-for networks? puh-lease.

PC - 1, Consoles - 0

This is my major bitch about consoles in general. I have a lot more I can complain about, but this is top on the list.

...and they say PC gaming is dead. hah!
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 28-Sep-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What's worse is that the Zombrex edition is 80 bucks!

I actually reserved it and I'm gonna pick it up after work. Still debating on whether it's worth the extra 20 bucks though.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    darth - at least with spending $80 on the special edition you get something "extra" for your cash. This $60 per game shit for consoles is getting out of hand. Especially when you consider the PC version is $20 less and you get WAY more bang for your buck.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    darth - at least with spending $80 on the special edition you get something "extra" for your cash. This $60 per game shit for consoles is getting out of hand. Especially when you consider the PC version is $20 less and you get WAY more bang for your buck.
    Well, there is a whole lotta stuff in there for the extra 20 bucks including a 48 page artwork book and a 83 minute HD feature film.

You've sold me lou!

The Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition comes with:
    Exclusive Two-Disc Steelbook case includes:
    Dead Rising 2 game disc
    High-Definition game disc with 83 Minute “Zombrex Dead Rising Sun” motion picture and 24 minute “Making of” featurette

Complete box contents include:
    Steelbook case (described above)
    Zombrex “Syringe” pen
    Zombrex “Prescription” notepad (25 pages)
    Zombrex “Safety” card
    Zombrex “Prospectus” Sales Brochure (16 pages).
    Dead Rising 2 Hardback Artbook (48 pages)

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Let's not forget the High Stakes edition for $90.

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomu...=1285686787589

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Funny, but it seems that the 80 dollar version is the better score. Depends on what you're into i guess.

United States
    I got a ninja outfit for pre-ordering at GameStop; wearing it makes all the cutscenes unintentionally hilarious. The attention to detail is great in this game; how there are random different colors for the lightsaber, or if Chuck is wearing a mask, you can see his mouth moving under it, etc. The small touches are what's making this game so fantastic.

Also, apparently you need the full game to download Case West, it won't be standalone like Case Zero. The PC version runs better, but I went with the 360 version because of exclusive content like this.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Well, there is a whole lotta stuff in there for the extra 20 bucks including a 48 page artwork book and a 83 minute HD feature film.
    Yeah, I mean, if you're going to pay all that money for a console game, might as well get something out of it than "here's your game, have fun"

Most people hate the idea of these "Special Editions" but I have to be honest, it's a better buy - even though you're spending more - than buying JUST the game itself for $60..

Undisclosed
    The only way I would buy the High Stakes if I knew for a fact the one I was purchasing had the golden ticket. I wonder how much Burt the Zombie would sell for on ebay? Or the golden ticket, itself?