Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 appreciation thread...

Super Moderator

UK

Smile Dead Rising 2 appreciation thread...

Figured I'd start up a new thread now that Dead Rising 2 is out for everyone to discuss it as they play it.

Do please use the SPOILER TAGS though if you're going to drop any spoilers into your posts.

IGN Review - 8/10:

"Devil in a Sundress" gameplay:

"Sunday, Bloody Sunday" gameplay:

UK
    NO SPOILERS HERE...

Just had my first hour or so in game and first impressions are very, very good indeed - it's retained everything that made the first game so awesome and added a whole new dollop of wonderment in for good measure. Well worth the wait.

Only minor issue I'm having is that sometimes find myself on the wrong side of the doors when I shut them, that could just be me being rubbish though.

Loving Fortune City so far, it looks great from what I've seen of it. The gameplay feels familiar yet fresh and new at the same time, it's going to be a lot of fun exploring and finding things out.

It is kind of weird not knowing where to go and having a weedy low level character again - keep trying to jump kick but I can't, lol.

I also picked up the Outbreak Edition from Game in the UK - got a sweet 12" zombie figure (with servbot head and traffic cone for extra zombie humiliation fun!), along with a ton of other stuff, so all in all I'm very happy.

Good times will be had by all - though you hardly need me to tell you that!

United States
    Not fair... I have to wait till Tuesday for my copy to ship... :-(

I will be reading all of these posts so I can live vicariously through all of your lives!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm hoping to get my copy tomorrow so I can have it for the weekend.

Thinking of starting up Dead Rising 1 just to get into the control scheme and see what it looks like now that I've got my Xbox360 plugged in via HD cable.

I'm totally up for some zombie shredding fun ... would have been awesome if you could port your experience from DR1 over though, but then again I can understand why they didn't do that. At least those who got Case Zero can port that progress over anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We don't get it til' the 28th so stop rubbing it in.

But if it's anything like case zero I'm scooping it up the same day. You know a game is awesome when MZ purchases it day one.

Although I'm sure it being about zombies has alot to do with it.

Think andy will go for the world record this time around?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I don't have it in my hands on day one, but I have had it pre-ordered for something like 18 months.

I'm actually beginning to get really excited to just go yomping around slaying zombies again, it's been quite a while since my last bash about on DR1 and this one has kind of been off my radar for a while now - like in the background but not paid attention to because of other games, but then you see some video clips and you like what you see, but now that it's finally come/coming out I've gotten all hot-to-trot for it.

Ideal really, I've not been waiting impatiently, and my excitement will be appropriately high at the same time when I get it in my hands.

That said, if it doesn't turn up tomorrow I'll be reet annoyed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    All I know is that those combo wepons are bad ass and what we've seen in case zero is only a taste of what's to come.

I'd trade it all for a broadsword though. That was the most kick ass weapon in case zero, imo.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    "What Would Chuck Do?" video - some combo weapon examples and other gameplay footage.

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/commen...ml?id=092410_4

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm waiting to see what people think of it after a few hours of play. That was my problem with the first. It just got boring after a few hours. Lost all of it's spark. And the save system sucked too, but I hear they've fixed that.

United States
    Thanks for the impressions, Rancid. Sounds great!

I'm surprised that my Gamestop is doing a midnight launch for this game, as it doesn't strike me as a huge blockbuster type of game. No matter, I'll be there.

Also, I've heard that the load times border on ridiculous, but installing the game on the 360 before you play cuts a few seconds off each one.

Super Moderator

United States
    Anyone know if there is a way to get the 360 version's settings set up so that the camera angle isn't completely useless while moving 75% of the time? It's very much a pain in the ass to adjust on the fly for me, maybe I should fiddle around with the sensitivity and see if it's easier to pan about while moving. The default in Case 0 has been just pretty much unacceptable for me.

Any suggestions?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Also, I've heard that the load times border on ridiculous.
    If it's anything like case zero then that would be correct.

It reminds me of the resident evil outbreaks.

Loading screens kill the momentum of a game. If they're going to do that atleast give me some cool mini-games to play while I'm waiting.

Super Moderator

UK
    The load times on DR1 were ... I can't remember actually ... but there were plenty of them anyway!

Hopefully it won't get in the way of having fun though.

Bassman - by the sounds of it, it's Dead Rising +1 basically. More of the same stuff (that you liked and disliked, even), but with more zombies, a new setting, some different things, better shooting and vehicle mechanics and such like. But evidently some annoying things have been, at best, fiddled with a bit but otherwise left alone.

Regardless, you can just yomp around for 72 hours like before, and I did that like five times on DR1, so I'll at least get that out of the game, which is about what I was expecting really - so with the additions and tweaks, I'll no doubt be quite pleased in the end.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Perhaps it's been discussed but is there a multiplayer element ?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Dead Rising 2 Review

It got an 8 which is a decent enoug score but it's the opening line of the review that has me cracking up.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1123121p1.html

" When there's no room left in hell, the dead will shop in Fortune City."

That has to be burning Rubenstein up!

Did that lawsuit go anywhere by the way?