Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Hobbit" (film)

Administrator

England
    Afraid I'm going to pick you up on some of this

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I'm sorry but 9 hours of film with people doing nothing but walking...
    My memory might be fading, but I definately do remember a whole load of other stuff happening? But if making up a strawman argument helps your case, so be it

Avatar aka AVATRASH Other than some ground breaking technology in filmmaking there is nothing in that film that is worth the praise it receives, in fact it was so bland even the Academy awarded his ex-wife with Best Picture because The Hurt Lock is great filmmaking on a budget Cameron probably had for craft services.
    So going by your point of reference then, it was a great movie as it was right up there against it?

8ft tall smurfs
    They were blue... And the analogy ends there... But it's an excuse to throw in yet another cheap dig. It certainly fits in nicely with the rest of the analysis you've thusfar put infront of us.

Sorry but JC doesn't get brownie points for Avatar just because he spent $360,000,000 making it... especially when his ex spent $11,000,000 making a much better film and shooting on extremely outdated technology (16mm)
    No money really shouldn't come into it at all really... Yet there you are seemingly knee-jerking because of the money?

I refuse to ride the wave or wagon of praise for a flick simply because it looked good in IMAX.
    And now we get to the crux... So you knee kerk to try and equal out all the generally favourable thoughts about it?

You do realise you've backed up your basic insults of these films, with non-points or just more insults? I rest my case M'Lord...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

How could I not post this pic as a reply? That kid is pimpin'!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is going to get interesting....

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Afraid I'm going to pick you up on some of this

My memory might be fading, but I definately do remember a whole load of other stuff happening? But if making up a strawman argument helps your case, so be it
    You're right. I completely forgot about the gay love story between Sam and Frodo

So going by your point of reference then, it was a great movie as it was right up there against it?
    No neil, it was another insult. Sorry to disappoint. The only reason the Academy voted it in was because of the knee jerk reaction to low ratings. Otherwise let us be honest that film didn't deserve squat other than sound and CG.

They were blue... And the analogy ends there... But it's an excuse to throw in yet another cheap dig. It certainly fits in nicely with the rest of the analysis you've thusfar put infront of us.
    They were blue and lived in the trees, smurfs lived in mushrooms which were just smaller trees. More to that analogy there ole bean. BTW, yes cheap dig at a cheap shit flick.

No money really shouldn't come into it at all really... Yet there you are seemingly knee-jerking because of the money?
    Actually in this case yes especially when you own ex-wife owns you with a film that didn't even cost 3% of what AVATARD did.

And now we get to the crux... So you knee kerk to try and equal out all the generally favourable thoughts about it?
    Nope, the movie just sucks. It is over rated, over produced and just overly boring.

You do realise you've backed up your basic insults of these films, with non-points or just more insults? I rest my case M'Lord...
    Oh well... had nothing better to do today.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    I once made a thread entitled "I Hate Hobbits", and Neil didn't get on me about it like this. DJ must have pissed him off.

Administrator

England
    Anyway... Suspect, with the thought of two high budget films moving to Eastern Europe, the unions will not happen...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I once made a thread entitled "I Hate Hobbits", and Neil didn't get on me about it like this. DJ must have pissed him off.
    It is ok, i am a big boy I can take it.

Pssst.... Neil.... Avatar still sucks
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 27-Sep-2010 at 10:00 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Nope, the movie just sucks. It is over rated, over produced and just overly boring.

Administrator

England
    Slightly more details article from what I could see - http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/6122..._response.html
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

Undisclosed
    You're right. I completely forgot about the gay love story between Sam and Frodo
    Admit it, you hate Tolkien altogether. Blasphemer!
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Admit it, you hate Tolkien altogether. Blasphemer!
    Actually I don't... just don't like the movies.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

United States
    Actually I don't... just don't like the movies.
    You saw the first film, rather enjoyed it, but had a confusing dream about midgets later that night and hated the films ever since.

Admit it!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    I loved LOTR. Got all movies in the extended version. Guess I must really like walking then?
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I loved LOTR. Got all movies in the extended version. Guess I must really like walking then?
    Hey some people enjoy a lot fo exercise... then there are those of us who watch a fat and skinny stoner doing the dumbest fucking shit alive because we find it funny and more entertaining than oh... I dunno... say, 9 hours of walking.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!