Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: "The Hobbit" (film)

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's a photo copy of the previous three films? I really wish Del Toro could have stayed with these two films. Then it probably would have been different enough to get me excited. These pictures look almost like they're taken from the first trilogy. At least try something a bit different...
    Well, yeah. It's showing the same place as in the the first film -- Bag End in the Shire. It ought to look the same. The Shire means comfort, security, and consistency. I do hope to see some new things in Mirkwood, Dale, and the Lonely Mountain.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Well, yeah. It's showing the same place as in the the first film -- Bag End in the Shire. It ought to look the same. The Shire means comfort, security, and consistency.
    Wisdom. Tolkein's main vibe for the Shire was a representation of the middle going on northern england that remained an area that even in a country connected to many grandscale wars- to his mind world war 1 in particular- that remained unflinching and largely unchanged rural countryside. They sort of got this across in the "on hobbits" scene from the first movie. it sort of explains Tolkeins thinking very well and sort of explain the vibe on why jackson would keep it the same. Because come Bilbo's elevnty first birthday in fellowship he probably wouldn't have changed much anyway.

Last edited by Danny; 29-Jun-2011 at 03:19 AM. Reason: gfds

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Wisdom. Tolkein's main vibe for the Shire was a representation of the middle going on northern england that remained an area that even in a country connected to many grandscale wars- to his mind world war 1 in particular- that remained unflinching and largely unchanged rural countryside.
    At least until the Scouring of the Shire. Single biggest mistake of the LotR movies, IMHO, was leaving that out.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Dang it, they were showing The Extended Return of the King at the big theater. I was hoping it meant something. I rechecked today, and it was just a one day thing. What up with that? And why not show the other two as well?

Administrator

England
    New video blog... Definately worth a watch!!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....81557&comments
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Rumours suggest a trailer later today...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Whaaaaat? Already, eh?

Ok, I'm more than up for it!

Thanks for the heads up, Neil.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Whaaaaat? Already, eh?

Ok, I'm more than up for it!

Thanks for the heads up, Neil.
    This article says tomorrow... So you may have to wait another day!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10774366

...but then you've got another year to wait for the film!!!

-- -------- Post added 21-Dec-2011 at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was 20-Dec-2011 at 03:39 PM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM--4UklaL4
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    can't wait to see this.

to be honest: i'm even more interested in the second movie.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    After 266 days, filming has completed - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Peter...res-31748.html
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Anyone else underwhelmed by the trailers so far? Doesn't look the least bit interesting. While it'll be a massive success due to hype alone, that very same hype and expectations will probably make the film fall flat on itself.

I predict a bombastic production with mediocre entertainment.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Anyone else underwhelmed by the trailers so far? Doesn't look the least bit interesting. While it'll be a massive success due to hype alone, that very same hype and expectations will probably make the film fall flat on itself.

I predict a bombastic production with mediocre entertainment.
    Possibly... But let's hope it's as good as LOTR trilogy
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Can't wait myself, have to say.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I would much rather watch the LOTR trilogy than some other things, but every time I do....I end up checking my watch hoping for it to end. I think I would probably have enjoyed it more if they weren't quite as long. And I'm talking about the theatrical cuts! No way I will watch the extended cuts...
    As we know too well, different people enjoy different things and connect more/less to different to things. I can get LOTR isn't everyone's bag!

But every time I've found myself watch LOTR I've been spellbound by it. For me the sheer level of effort that went into producing it oozes out of it. You can feel the effort and love than seemingly went into every scene.

My hope is the same will be said of The Hobbit.
    -Carl Sagan