Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Minecraft (video game)

Administrator

England
    They had Markus Persson on BBC this morning as Minecraft has won a Bafta award. To think in the last 24hrs alone it's sold over 10,000 copies. The man is worth a fortune!!!

He mentioned in his next game he wants to do a space exploration type game. I do hope it's in the vein of Elite or something
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Really wish the XBLA version would drop. Tried getting back into it via computer, but I'm just too lazy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    My private server im running with freinds had the good fortune to spawn IN a small desert village center on the edge of a jungle biome.

naturally we took it over and vastly improved on it.

Then i started making a powered railway across the desert and saw a huge series of plateaus which made me know exactly what to make...

castle baller of swag mountain! which has a monster spawning attic and is super creepy at night in a thunderstorm.

weird thing is the portals into the nether take us to a nether from my single player world adn the portals out take us to a 2nd overworld with no monsters, just lviestock and trees forever. so we send people into the "slidecraft" world for mats, one dies and ports the rest back with full inventories of swag!
    Last edited by Danny; 11-Apr-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: dcgm

Administrator

England
    My son got this on his XBox 360! Can't stop f***ing playing with it!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Sort of like computerised lego!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    1)

Awesome castle, hellsing. Me and my friends have a server as well but we haven't worked in it for like 6 months. Like you, we built a castle. although more on the horizontal plane rather than vertical. Yours is very impressive.

2)

Neil, I didn't know it was out on Xbox. I'm not surprised, considering the success of the game. Perfect for kids, I'd say.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Neil, I didn't know it was out on Xbox. I'm not surprised, considering the success of the game. Perfect for kids, I'd say.
    Yeh! Even my 6yr daughter is playing it

Going to try and put in some automatic doors, a working shower, lights and a fireplace into my beech side luxury property now to really annoy my kids who are in the slums inland
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Google feed the beasts or the technic pack for a whole series of modpack launchers. So even on the mac where mods are an arse to install you can have huge worlds with more dimensions, more ores, fossils for bringing dinodsaurs back to life, airships, npcs that give quests, machines, working portal guns, nuclear reactors and so on.

I literally cannot see any reason to play vanilla anymore, its so shallow by comparison.
    http://feed-the-beast.com/

Its free, you just download and login into this custom launcher with your regular minecraft login and it loads up a version of minecraft with 32 pages of new items to make. and its like 100 items per page.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan