Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft (video game)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I would hope that wouldn't happen. Im in for it, if anyone can figure out how to do it. . . . . the town, not the destruction.
    I'll try and set it up tonight for anyone who is interested and I'll post an IP address in here. The hard part will be finding each other on the planet. I dunno if the spawn point is the same for everyone. I hope to have it set up around 7pm Mountain time for those interested.

If someone blocked up my house with lava, I don't think I'd be all that mad. More impressed than anything....I'd like to set up a train system too.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 06-Mar-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: ...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    accidentally started a fire in my forest world. burnt half the world down to black ash before i could cut a big enough firebreak across the peninsulas that cross the ocean, luckily my forest treehouse town was fine but damn that sucked, took like 4 in game days to beat it.

Super Moderator

United States
    This does sound fun...well, more addictive than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    accidentally started a fire in my forest world. burnt half the world down to black ash before i could cut a big enough firebreak across the peninsulas that cross the ocean, luckily my forest treehouse town was fine but damn that sucked, took like 4 in game days to beat it.

Tim Gunn is a tad worried abour construction skills, but he's glad you made it work.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Type <removed by user> into your minecraft multiplayer bar.(<----Disregard) We may have to find a different host because my pc is set up on wireless and is somewhat laggy...Probably get worse when people start logging in...We can at least see if the video I watched to set it up works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPc2R...eature=related

It was fairly simple to do. If anyone wants to try and has questions let me know. The lag is just too annoying...this game takes patience but the lag puts a strain on that. Which is why I'm not attempting to do it anymore.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 07-Mar-2011 at 02:05 AM. Reason: .....

United States
    Set up a simple rail system yesterday. using the booster carts, the thing can really fly. need more iron, to try something a little more complex.

Oh and about the server. . .I'll try to set something up later this week, if no one else does first.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive tried before but its super complicated on a mac, plus im not even sure if the multiplayer world stays after you all log off.

United States
    ive tried before but its super complicated on a mac, plus im not even sure if the multiplayer world stays after you all log off.
    Really? Well that sucks. . . . I hope that's not the case.

United States
    It does as long as you leave the server running....

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Pissed! I spent 2 days on this project. Some asshat comes down and starts fucking around. put TNT everywhere and blows it completely up/killing me in the process.....So I respawn and I'm stuck in their little jail like place that looks alot like hell. The op didn't even do anything about it. Loads of shit...my multiplayer days might be over....unless we pull something together...Disrespect ticks me off faster than anything.

United States
    Apparently they are called griefers. The Jail that you appear in when you respawn is often there to minimize the troublemakers. They are supposed to come let you out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    It does as long as you leave the server running....

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Pissed! I spent 2 days on this project. Some asshat comes down and starts fucking around. put TNT everywhere and blows it completely up/killing me in the process.....So I respawn and I'm stuck in their little jail like place that looks alot like hell. The op didn't even do anything about it. Loads of shit...my multiplayer days might be over....unless we pull something together...Disrespect ticks me off faster than anything.
    online we term this 'babbys first trolled hard', its greifing dude, it occurs in every game ever.

United States
    online we term this 'babbys first trolled hard', its greifing dude, it occurs in every game ever.
    Glad so many people have come to accept it as a way of life....

It's unacceptable....a server must remain small...or have strict code of conduct with ass loads of Ops....too many asshats want to give other people headaches....That's ok, Karama is a bitch...I'm sure I'll be pissing someone else off on Homefront next week who destroyed someone else's work.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A rail system!?>?!>?! How in the hell do you build that?!?!?! I'm probably playing this game the hardest way possible because I don't know the cool stuff to do build and/or makes things easier.

I used TNT for my first time today and discovered a MASSIVE underground cave system with a little bit of lava and a bunch of flowing water systems, including waterfalls. Too overwhelming to fully explore because I know I'd get lost and never find my way back out.

United States
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki There ya go Mike. Read, learn, enjoy. I found this site very helpful.

United States
    I'm willing to try another server....Just want some friendly people to chat with while I do it...maybe show off my work and ask for advice. If anyone has a server like this I can join I'd apreciate that! Thanks

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I'm willing to try another server....Just want some friendly people to chat with while I do it...maybe show off my work and ask for advice. If anyone has a server like this I can join I'd apreciate that! Thanks
    I know!! it gets real lonley on single player. I sometimes get that honest to goodness "last man on earth" feeling when I'm playing single player. I have yet to try multiplayer for fear of that same thing that happened to Clean happening to me.