Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft (video game)

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ugh, seriously, screw you guys for showing me this game. I'll sit down and think "I'll just give it 20 minutes," then I glance at the clock after what seems like 20 minutes, only to realize it's been 3+ hours.

I'm gonna have to take some screen caps soon of what I've been building.

United States
    That's a good idea! We can share our amazing blocky accomplishments here!!!

I actually went a whole day not playing at all. . .quite proud. I got very very pissed at the game. I found a Goddamn Motherlode. . .gold, iron, and Diamond! ore all around this huge cave system . . .alas the system was also swamped with spawns. I spent an hour and a half running around a planting torches, killing spawns, and tentatively mining. . .when i ran out of arrows. . i was making a run for my exit, got lost, and then got ambushed by two skeletons and a creeper. Dead Dead. . .the very definition of frustration.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Odd question, but since I currently do not like having to use my PC for gaming, does anyone know if the screen resolutions are netbook compatible with this game? I'm assuming the resource draw would be too much for my little netbook, but I figured I'd ask if anyone had any insight, as you guys do make the game sound great.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I haven't found a cave yet...been too busy fightings Griefers off....I built this place and people kept screwing with my stuff....Somehow, my shit got stolen from my chest under ground hidden behind a wall of gravel. I left for a day....came back and my yard was blow to hell (probably by creepers) and someone had been using my mine shaft. Soooo....I tore down my house....sealed up my mineshaft pretty well. Finally got smart and build a cave underwater. You gotta swimming somewhat deep to find the hole and then chase that down pretty deep. If you don't know what your doing you'll drown
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 12-Mar-2011 at 02:47 AM. Reason: ...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Odd question, but since I currently do not like having to use my PC for gaming, does anyone know if the screen resolutions are netbook compatible with this game? I'm assuming the resource draw would be too much for my little netbook, but I figured I'd ask if anyone had any insight, as you guys do make the game sound great.
    Nah, dude, the graphics in this game are so primitive; you should be fine running it on your netbook. Ya might have to dumb down the draw distance/fog but that's it.

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I haven't found a cave yet...been too busy fightings Griefers off....I built this place and people kept screwing with my stuff....Somehow, my shit got stolen from my chest under ground hidden behind a wall of gravel. I left for a day....came back and my yard was blow to hell (probably by creepers) and someone had been using my mine shaft. Soooo....I tore down my house....sealed up my mineshaft pretty well. Finally got smart and build a cave underwater. You gotta swimming somewhat deep to find the hole and then chase that down pretty deep. If you don't know what your doing you'll drown
    Stuff like this is why I'm sort of glad I'm stuck with single player mode.

I've been building a lot of minecart track lately and using boosters so I can travel a fairly large distance pretty rapidly. Finding iron ore was such a pain in the ass for me that I had to get this program that maps out my Minecraft world and then I can scout where iron ore is located. This doesn't make it super easy to find, though, because the program isn't the easiest so I still gotta dig my ass off... I just know the general areas of deposits.

England
    God dammit guys reading this has made me buy this game now, and I cant keep off it! Its bloody hard to find resources though, I'm struggling on my current world! Trying to explore & then make it back safely before dark when those horrid things come out!

United States
    Woo Hoo...2 days and no problems....I have my own Tree Room(For Wood/trying to cut down on reasons to leave my home), Wheat Room(For bread), Bed Room(storage/bed), and Work Room(storage/workbench/furnace). I'll start on my mining operations sooner or later but I'm not worried about that shit just yet. The server is coming together quite nicely. Some people have built a town and kept talking about it but wouldn't tell me where it was for whatever reason....While I was out hunting cows I ran into it....It's quite nice....somewhat simple though...I live on the outskirts of it. It's kinda funny, when I first logged on this afternoon, someone had set a house on fire and it spilled over to like 4 or 5 other houses and then to their forest. So they ended up resetting the server. I was just thankful I had just logged on and hadn't done too much.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    let me save you time and work for food.

1: go to the bottom of a cliff.
    2: cut a two blocks deep pit.
    3: add a tower of blocks in the middle covered in torches.
    4: go up top of the cliffwith two iron buckets full of water.
    5: drop them from the north east and south west equidistant points.
    6: leave it.
    7: come back later and collect leather and porkchops.

The animals are attracted to the light, get caught in the water but the two falls from a large height create an almost whirlpool current they cant escape from.

8: collect the items and swim up the waterfalls to get out again.

England
    I'm playing on single player at the moment, but I've built what looks like the keep to a medieval castle out of cobblestone, nicely decked out in wood on the inside, 3 storeys high with an observation tower on the top, I'll take a screen print of it later, looks ace! Its right near my spawn point (learned the hard way not to go trekking off to the other side of the map to set up home) and has a huge deep mine underneath that I keep finding gold, iron ore & other useful things in. I was on this till 3 in the morning, hellishly addictive!

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Thats my current residence! the outer wall stops those damn creepers getting near me at night & blowing my house to bits, and I've put inner walk ways on the walls so I can fire arrows at anything lurking outside from behind the battlements. I have a good stash of pork chops to cook on my furnace in there too

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Thats my current residence!
    Damn. I have to download this now.

That is a sweet castle, Tricky.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    I thought I would hate this game, the graphics are about 15 years out of date, it has no plot, the physics are pretty rubbish & you spend most of your time digging holes, but I cant get enough of it, its hugely addictive & genuinely pretty scary sometimes down in those caverns, or at night when the creatures come out! It has more soul than most modern eye candy games & you can create your own world in there, someone with clearly too much time on their hands even built a model of the god damned enterprise on there!

United States
    Yeah, I put it down for a couple of days. . but this thread is making me itch to play it when i get home! I started a new world. . .working on a larger castle on this one. . I'll post pics when I am satisfied.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I have to admit that I'm interested in trying it but scared of the potential time sinkhole.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

England
    Run Trin, run for your life! This game is a serious time sink hole! I spent 4 hours last night digging an extremely deep vertical mine shaft with a spiral staircase all the way down to the bedrock in the search for minerals, tonight im going to start digging horizontal shafts outwards at various levels of that shaft to see what else I can find. Its bad when you break through into a big underground cavern or dungeon full of zombies, creepers or those bastard skeletons with bow & arrows though!

United States
    Sounds.... like.... fu..... no!! Must resist!! Digging a hole for 4 hours!!??!! Must use sanity!!!!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.