Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft (video game)

United States
    It's bad enough tunnelling into a room full of creepers. . . .Balrogs would be . . . .well. . .pretty darned cool actually!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I want notch to work on some update to the flowing physic's of water and lava. Lava should act slow and solid but water should be able to flow as rivers, not just a small pyramind shaped puddle.

United States
    Well, I found a pretty good server. They have their own website too. The only down side is you have to donate 5 USDs to get building rights. It helps to deter griefers though.

http://www.minetown.net/ <---- Website

mc.minetown.net:25565 <----- Server

http://www.minetown.net/worldmap <---- world map, view with something other than Internet Explorer to see it. Pretty awesome! I used Safari from the Ipod.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats incredibly janky. Why not look up any guide on the minecraft forums and just set one up for you and your friends? thats what i did and we just dont let in people we do not know. problem solved. You shouldnt have to pay to access a server for minecraft thats greasy, real greasy.

I imagine when the owner gets a high bill for bandwith usage you will find a few minecraft guys outside your castle saying "thats a nice place, shame if something happened to it, maybe you slip us a few more dollars for some protection..."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    I want notch to work on some update to the flowing physic's of water and lava. Lava should act slow and solid but water should be able to flow as rivers, not just a small pyramind shaped puddle.
    Completely agree here. . . it's silly the way water works in the game.

United States
    Piss on Gold....Piss on Diamond....I'm in love with Netherrack now! The stuff is bad ass. Lay it down. Run a line of red dust to it. Put a switch/red torch next to it and it instantly creates a never ending fire!

Speaking of gold, there is this Monster Tamer plug in out there that my server is using. Well, I captured a few zombies with snowballs(yes yes, I made a pokemon ball with a zombie in it...serveral infact) and was going to have them attack this annoying bastard but something went wrong and I ended up dying myself. Well, I respawned and went back to get my shit and some how ended up with a decent ammount of gold bars. I didn't want to get banned over a mixup over gold so I asked an admin what I should do and he said not to worry about it because dropped items weren't really protected. So I'm like sweet! I haven't even seen that much gold yet. I think I've only found 8 pieces of diamond.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

"Zombie, I choose you! Wait, What are you doing? Get him not me! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

United States
    Hey, is that whole netherrack stuff only available in multiplayer games? How do you find the portal to that other place?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Hey, is that whole netherrack stuff only available in multiplayer games? How do you find the portal to that other place?
    you make it dude. create a rectangle of obsidian and then light a fire in the middle to open a portal to the nether- but the nether corruption and its ghasts can bleed out into the real world you mine in.

What i did: use dirt to create a sealed space, pour in lava, then water on it. then move the dirt to make another obsidian next to it. stack and make enough to have the whole thing, including a row of 4 underneath to complete the circuit, not just two sides and a top and then use flint and tinder to make your nether portal.

United States
    Cool, thanks. . I'll give that a shot

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I broke down and paid for Minecraft so I can play online. I can't fucking figure out how to create my own server so someone a little more savvy should do it so we can all play together!

United States
    I just dont love the idea of leaving my pc up and running the whole time so that everyone could have access all the time. Otherwise I'd try it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Found a great server. The crap people have built is jaw-dropping and the fact that there are multiple different cities to "live" in makes it really fun.

Type in jadon.ath.cx as the IP, then ask how to get to Thingviller.

Thingviller is the city I've joined - it's guarded by a gate so no killers/griefers can get in. Right now they're monetary system is down so it only cost me 10 stacks of cobblestone to purchase a huge lot in the city and now I'm building a skyscraper.

I highly recommend you guys get in this city. Even try to buy property next to me! There's a bunch of empty lots around me. My building is located behind the mine, directly to the right of the cactus farm.

PS - my name on there is MasterUnholyWar

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

i think we've all been there.

Scotland
    I had a little shot of that server last night Mike (name is Banokles on it) I think I found the Thingville area (some kind of farm with a glass fence?) so I went past it and started to get some mats together.

Found some weird glitch they said was a 'world hole' that was a huge square hole that went right down to the bottom of the world. I was going to start cutting little caves in the side of it but I got disconnected and when I logged back in it was back.

So I just found a quiet spot and started to dig down, didn't go far before I found a cave that lead down to zombie central. I've not got a bow yet so did not venture far because of them exploding bastards.

Might be on again Wednesday to see what I can get going.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    I had a little shot of that server last night Mike (name is Banokles on it) I think I found the Thingville area (some kind of farm with a glass fence?)
    Nah, Thingvellir is a HUGE city that ya can't miss. It's got a bunch of skyscrapers that can be seen way in the distance and a stone wall built around it thats probably 25 blocks high.

Maybe next time they do a server reset we can find a spot to start something together.
    Last edited by MikePizzoff; 29-Mar-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: a