Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft (video game)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Finally reached the end of the epic cave and hit a mass of diamonds above the bedrock. theres effectively this huge obsidian and magma filled hollow bellow my main tree.

United States
    So I tamed my first wolf. . .I was so happy. . he followed me home . . . . .and promptly ran into my fire blockade. . . .no more wolf.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

England
    Gahhh just got killed right down the bottom of a maze like cave, meaning I've lost my diamond pickaxe & the huge horde of iron ore I'd found, those mobs are arseholes!! Ragequit to desktop...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    latest thing ive added in the patch of desert between my town and my nether portal. the gauntlet. i cut down the top two sections of each cactus and plant it. then cut the top two off all them when fully grown and plant them for exponential growth much faster than trees.

i go in there each morning to find it full of porkchops leather bones and spider web.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    latest thing ive added in the patch of desert between my town and my nether portal. the gauntlet. i cut down the top two sections of each cactus and plant it. then cut the top two off all them when fully grown and plant them for exponential growth much faster than trees.

i go in there each morning to find it full of porkchops leather bones and spider web.
    keep your puppies away from it Hellz. .. .they make a sad sound when they crawl down the curtain and join the choir invisible.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Made a skin of myself. not quite perfect but not bad at all for a first try.

quick fixed.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

WHAT IN THE FUCK.

So on top of my great tree i see a clearly not natural formation in the distance in the desert that wasnt there earlier.

I get close and discover its a naturally spawned, floating nether portal. WAT.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

So i grab some obsidian and went into the nether to perform an experiment, lets see where this takes me.
    Last edited by Danny; 04-Apr-2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: sdfgn

England
    What texture pack are you using hells? that looks a bit easier on the eye than the standard one...

United States
    Yes, Hells....Do tell what texture please

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that texture was a sort of tweak version i made based on anothers whos name escapes me.

-Anyway.

I figured out how to make a server for me and my uni mates on my mac, a lot more complicated since theres no .exe on macs, have to go into terminals, java coding and other sutch bollocks that aint my forte'
    Spawned a world with every sort of biome converging on the spawn point. lots of wolves- but unfortunately lots fo creepers. one of my mates asked me how i was doing and as she was safe on a floating ledge i was fighting off 9 creepers at once with a hastily made wooden sword. by dawn the land looked like it had been shelled by a cannon

Found a nice island full of trees off the coast that i lit with torches to make a tree fort and built a survival dungeon in the mouth of a cave, sealing it and allowing me to quarantine the mine so to speak between dunegons i would build later -or ones i just plain usurp from monster spawners.

England
    I tried one of the hi res texture packs for mine, the photo realism one, it looked really good but unfortunately started causing crashes so I'm back with the original for now!
    I built a nether portal at the bottom of my castle grounds, and not long after building it another one appeared not too far from my castle, weird! I got raped by pigmen in the nether though & had a nightmare getting all my gear back! Is there much worth actually visiting the nether for?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I tried one of the hi res texture packs for mine, the photo realism one, it looked really good but unfortunately started causing crashes so I'm back with the original for now!
    I built a nether portal at the bottom of my castle grounds, and not long after building it another one appeared not too far from my castle, weird! I got raped by pigmen in the nether though & had a nightmare getting all my gear back! Is there much worth actually visiting the nether for?
    if you mine some netherrakk, the dark red cobblestone and light a fire on the square with flint and tinder it will never go out. useful for constructing traps and keeping torches.

in particular i use them in my 'torch of gondor' beacons i place in the high points on the horizons of each other so i can follow the fires between points of interest.

---------- Post added 12-Apr-2011 at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-Apr-2011 at 04:19 PM ----------

Having a grand old time on my server. folks stake a claim in a zone of the world and its thiers, ive got this eastern mountain and a bay full of islets ive joined together with bridges, anotehrs got this huge forest in the north and in the far south ones got an ice castle on a tiny mountain in the middle of a forzen sea thats nothing but daimonds underneath.

Me i sealed the entrance to a natural cave, then turned that seal into my own cobble dungeon, lit an cleaned out as i whent down and found a massive cave that defies explanation.

in said cave i heared wierd noises deep down.

Then i ran into these for the first time...

England
    Those things started appearing in the depths of my mines, they make that weird scratching noise! I couldnt figure out what the noise was at first, then I saw one of those lurking down one one of the tunnels in my mines. They dont bother me anywhere near as much as those damned skeletons though, I always have a bow & plenty of arrows with me now so I can engage them from a good distance away, even creepers dont bother me as much as those!
    Whats your server anyway dude? I quite fancy playing online so I'm not all alone with nobody to see my buildings, but don't fancy going on a big public server full of griefers, theives & vandals!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Built this massive underground city on the server I play on. Had some help from a few other guys on the server. One of the doofuses left the main door open when they left. When I signed back in, all of our stuff was looted via the open door. Ugh.

This server is getting ready for a complete reset within the next couple of weeks, so a lot of people are getting ready for GRIEF DAY (day before server reset). Should be fun!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Built this massive underground city on the server I play on. Had some help from a few other guys on the server. One of the doofuses left the main door open when they left. When I signed back in, all of our stuff was looted via the open door. Ugh.

This server is getting ready for a complete reset within the next couple of weeks, so a lot of people are getting ready for GRIEF DAY (day before server reset). Should be fun!
    Looted by whom? Other real people?

So you can make your own cavern with a door only you can open?

What stops them just digging around the door into your property?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Looted by whom? Other real people?

So you can make your own cavern with a door only you can open?

What stops them just digging around the door into your property?

I've not actually played online other than having a wander round other peoples worlds to see what they've built, but I think when I do I'll first find a load of diamond, make a couple of diamond pickaxes, then mine obsidian which is the toughest material in the game, and line my cavern with it before burying it in dirt & just having one door into it, that would put off most casual griefers I would have thought as you cant break obsidian without a diamond pickaxe...