Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft (video game)

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Looted by whom? Other real people?

So you can make your own cavern with a door only you can open?

What stops them just digging around the door into your property?
    The server I play on is MASSIVE (My guess is it would take around 30-45 mins to walk from one edge to the other), so they allow anybody to build any sort of property they like. There are numerous cities and massive monuments all over the place.

Anyway, yes, I was looted by other players that I don't know. This generally only happens if you leave a door open, because the server has a very strict no-grief policy.

The server IP address is jadon.ath.cx . There is going to be a server reset in 2-3 weeks and once that happens, I plan on starting a very large city. I'm hoping some of you guys will start playing on there and help out with the city [of the living dead].

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The server (jadon.ath.cx) just reset and I'm building a city from scratch, with the help of a couple other guys. If anybody wants to help, let me know.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    The server (jadon.ath.cx) just reset and I'm building a city from scratch, with the help of a couple other guys. If anybody wants to help, let me know.
    I might join you on this! I cant really say how much I'll be on, but I'll probably build myself a nice little hideout somewhere & mine loads of stuff, then donate it to the city project & help out building where I can!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I might join you on this! I cant really say how much I'll be on, but I'll probably build myself a nice little hideout somewhere & mine loads of stuff, then donate it to the city project & help out building where I can!
    Just head north from the spawn: the co-ordinates are -1031, 64, -94. Let yourself into the city (there's a door, you may have to walk around the wall a bit to find it) and put your name on the board. If anyone asks, tell them MasterUnholyWar invited you. I've been leveling a lot of land for people to build houses, so help yourself. There's also a portion of the city that's a big valley, so you're welcome to live in that area too if you wanna be more secluded.

Also, make sure you read the rules when you first log on to the server. There are just a few, but they're important and can help you out.

Scotland
    Got on the new map, from the spawn point went south of the portal and then followed the dwarf inn path, once the path ends just keep going in the same direction to my place. Made a little house next to a couple good guys (think their names were stonemn24 and Chode) but got ganked while I was placing steps to my house and lost my gear.
    Last edited by LoSTBoY; 29-Apr-2011 at 03:47 AM. Reason: A FUCKING LETTER

United States
    I am the latest minecraft junkie. Me and my three sons are addicted. So far we each are playing singleplayer.

I am actively avoiding any Internet information on how to craft stuff and trying to explore and discover it all myself. I will probably start a server of it for the 4 of us and maybe a couple of my gamer friends.

Cool stuff indeed.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Administrator

England
    Must resist! Must not try!

BTW - The full game will get released in November - http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/commen...ml?id=040811_5
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Pistons in v1.7? I assume this must excite the hell out of some of you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo4UFb2YKI0
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Eh, minecrafts really lost its lustre for me, no doubt someones going to make something amazing with this update but personally i really just dont care anymore. Its like how people tire off mmos when they get to the point where its just about increasing numbers theres really nothing for me in minecraft i havent experienced already.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Gonna give those things a whirl in the weekend. Haven't played for months.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

PATCH 1.8: THE ENDERMEN.

They show up. steal blocks and the walls of your house and who knows what they are building with the blocks they steal in the night?

creepers dont know or care, they just want to go through the whole and give you a hug SSssssssssssssssss.......

United States
    I logged in about 3 weeks ago and planted a shit ton of sapplings that I had stored and grew a tiny forest. Then started gathering wood and leave blocks to start a forest city. Built a tower and that's about as far as I have gotten. Probably log on in a few months only to find that someone chopped down my forest

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I logged in about 3 weeks ago and planted a shit ton of sapplings that I had stored and grew a tiny forest. Then started gathering wood and leave blocks to start a forest city. Built a tower and that's about as far as I have gotten. Probably log on in a few months only to find that someone chopped down my forest
    Do you play on Jadon's server? If so, there are two things going against what you said:

1) Griefing is illegal on the server. If someone chops down your tree tower, you report it to an admin and they'll roll back the map in that area so you get it back. Plus, they'll ban the person that did it.

2) The server resets every 2-3 months. The next reset is actually happening August 1st, so, no, your tree will not be there next time you log on because it will be a completely new map.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Do you play on Jadon's server? If so, there are two things going against what you said:

1) Griefing is illegal on the server. If someone chops down your tree tower, you report it to an admin and they'll roll back the map in that area so you get it back. Plus, they'll ban the person that did it.

2) The server resets every 2-3 months. The next reset is actually happening August 1st, so, no, your tree will not be there next time you log on because it will be a completely new map.
    No, I play on Minetown. I think a reset would piss me off if I was playing everyday. As little as I play, I could really care less though

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Got back into this with freinds on a private server for our old film class mates.
    My big project im making in creative to export is a giant medieval city thats been, of course, infected by a zombie plague, and theyve got to get through a maze of ruins, climbing roofs, through attics and a sewer and a prison and so on.

But the thing im doing right now in the live server is making these Skyrim style inns all over the world, just for them to run into. its neat to hear them go 'i found another one, whos making these?!?'

almost burnt the place down 3 times whilst adding netherakk for the pyre in the middle