Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Munsters TV Series?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

New Munsters TV Series?

I know we have a thread somewhere around here about The Wayans Brothers remaking The Munsters into a feature film. Well, because the search feature is screwed I couldn't find it(watch it be listed in the "similar" threads at the bottom of this one).

Anyway....the good news is that The Wayans Bros are OUT. Thank God! Now the fearsome funny family is coming back to TV.

the ones behind this latest "Munsters" talk are NBC and "Pushing Daisies" creator Bryan Fuller. According to The Ausiello Files not only are they describing this new project as "Modern Family" meets "True Blood" but word has it none other than the great Guillermo del Toro is eyeing a behind-the-scenes role in the series! NBC has ordered a pilot of Fuller's "The Munsters"
    Okay.....Pilot episode ordered? Good. Guillermo Del Toro? GREAT. Relating it to True Blood? F*ck off.

As a huge fan of the original that has the entire series and watches it regularly, this is great news for the first day of October. Hopefully they'll have the new series to premiere this time next year. It's going to be hard to find someone to fill the shoes of Fred Gwynne(Herman), though....
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Oct-2010 at 12:09 PM.

United States
    It'll be hard to replace Fred Gwynne, and damned near impossible to replace Al Lewis (Grandpa Munster). I remember when I was little 'Grandpa' used to feature second-rate horror flicks on TNT or one of those stations on Saturday's when I was a kid. I always sneaked into the bedroom to turn him on and watch him with the volume turned down low so my grandparents wouldn't hear me (as they didn't like me watching that "kind of stuff"). Grandpa was a true class act.

And I would so have tapped Yvonne De Carlo's fine ass from circa 1964 -- especially dressed up like Lily.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Okay.....Pilot episode ordered? Good. Guillermo Del Toro? GREAT. Relating it to True Blood? Fuck off.
    Dude, it could have been worse. It could have been related to twighlight!

So then we'd have a gay version of the munsters. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

But what's always bothered me is how procreation between a frankenstein and a Vampress results in a Wolfboy!?!

WTF is that about?

It seems as if someone was letting the milkman tap that.

Better not let herman find out though. Have you ever seen him in one of his rages?

He's like tank from Left 4 DEAd. Ground shaking and everything.

Last edited by darth los; 01-Oct-2010 at 03:24 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    I remember when I was little 'Grandpa' used to feature second-rate horror flicks on TNT or one of those stations on Saturday's when I was a kid.
    Dude....I think I remember this. Was it TBS? Back when TBS was only an Atlanta station? I don't remember him hosting other movies, but I remember him and Elvira/Vampira/something-ira hosting 8-10 hour marathons of the show around Halloween. I think it was in the late eighties....

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    But what's always bothered me is how procreation between a frankenstein and a Vampress results in a Wolfboy!?!
    Ahem...Frankenstein's monster.

But yeah....it is kinda strange that Eddie was the wolfman. But look at Marilyn! Where the hell did that ugly broad come from?!? Grandpa must've used some of his potions.
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Oct-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dude....I think I remember this. Was it TBS? Back when TBS was only an Atlanta station? I don't remember him hosting other movies, but I remember him and Elvira/Vampira/something-ira hosting 8-10 hour marathons of the show around Halloween. I think it was in the late eighties....

Ahem...Frankenstein's monster.

But yeah....it is kinda strange that Eddie was the wolfman. But look at Marilyn! Where the hell did that ugly broad come from?!? Grandpa must've used some of his potions.
    Yeah that is funny how they felt sorry for her for looking the way she did.

She was the black sheep. I think they even mentioned it in a few episodes.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Yeah that is funny how they felt sorry for her for looking the way she did.

She was the black sheep. I think they even mentioned it in a few episodes.
    Just about every episode she's in, actually.

You don't see any other cast members making it onto a playboy cover...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Pretty close though.

Damn moms was fine.

I'll still take Marilyn eastman any day of the week though.

United States
    Anyway....the good news is that The Wayans Bros are OUT.
    THERE IS A GOD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/...-kristen-bell/

Basiclly it's just the guy saying Kristen Bell would be a perfect Marilyn(I agree). What caught my eye is his description of the first episode:

Fuller plans to fashion his Munsters update as a cross between Modern Family and True Blood. “This version has teeth and isn’t afraid to use them,” he says with a laugh. “For example, the story begins when young Eddie unexpectedly manifests as a werewolf on a scout camping trip and inadvertently eats two of his fellow scouts.”
    That made me laugh. Sounds like he's got an idea on how to bring it to modern audiences, but still keep that strange humor to it.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    THERE IS A GOD!

Last edited by acealive1; 08-Oct-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    I know we have a thread somewhere around here about The Wayans Brothers remaking The Munsters into a feature film. Well, because the search feature is screwed I couldn't find it(watch it be listed in the "similar" threads at the bottom of this one).

Anyway....the good news is that The Wayans Bros are OUT. Thank God! Now

way to cross info, they were never in. the wayans wanted to make a true movie of the munsters. not a series. so when this show sucks, dont complain

UK
    Eddie unexpectedly manifests as a werewolf on a scout camping trip and inadvertently eats two of his fellow scouts.
    Holy shit - The attack of Eddie Munster!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    way to cross info, they were never in. the wayans wanted to make a true movie of the munsters. not a series. so when this show sucks, dont complain
    Uhhh....I went ahead, quoted my original post, and highlighted the questioned part for you. It's good to read the thread before posting....

I know we have a thread somewhere around here about The Wayans Brothers remaking The Munsters into a feature film.
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Oct-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Ireland
    What a bloody terrible idea.

Bloody terrible.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    What a bloody terrible idea.

Bloody terrible.
    I doubt it could be any worse than "Here Come The Munsters" from the mid-nineties...