Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Expendables 2 (film) - Even more expendable!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's just Tracy Morgan. He's painfully unfunny. I can only handle him in small doses like SNL. He's actually the reason I can't continue to watch 30 Rock. He's just annoying...

How long does he expect the "It's funny because i'm loud" thing to work?
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Apr-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    I can get by with Morgan, but too much can easily be annoying - and if 30 Rock didn't have Liz or Jack, I wouldn't watch it.

I found him alright in Cop Out. I must give that flick another watch on its own sometime.

Administrator

England
    News from Cannes (spoiler warning!) - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49602

Please let's have Van Dam!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    News from Cannes (spoiler warning!) - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49602

Please let's have Van Dam!
    Sounds interesting.

As for Van Damme, I've been watching that ITV series "JCVD: Behind Closed Doors" and the last episode was on this week and Expendables 2 was mentioned - however no decision was made as JCVD is training for a fight that will be happening this summer, so I guess it depends on that and on scheduling etc.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    ...I'd just like to point out that almost every member of humanity is an idiot.
    That said, I can't wait for this movie, no matter who's in it!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Sounds interesting.

As for Van Damme, I've been watching that ITV series "JCVD: Behind Closed Doors" and the last episode was on this week and Expendables 2 was mentioned - however no decision was made as JCVD is training for a fight that will be happening this summer, so I guess it depends on that and on scheduling etc.
    Not seen that episode yet!

I really like JCVD's TV series... He comes across as being OK!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Not seen that episode yet!

I really like JCVD's TV series... He comes across as being OK!
    It's a strange show - they make such a drama out of the most mundane things/not-all-that-dramatic-things (well, the editors and voice over people do anyway) - but I have kind of enjoyed it too. I hardly watch any of this "reality TV" stuff, so it doesn't do my head in. If they do another series, let's hope its a bit more exciting ... I was expecting us to see his training for the fight, but being that the fight isn't until this summer, we won't see any of that until a next series ... it'd be cool if he did Expendables 2. With all these names in the first one, it was kind of odd not having him in there - but then again, you don't want to totally overload yourself - save some names for the sequel(s) you know?

Yeah, so the reality show is okay, and he seems like an honest dude - indeed he's very open about himself and his past. At times it's almost uncomfortable to watch, even. Yeah, I found the show oddly interesting.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-May-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Projected The Expendables with a bunch of beers and a bunch of friends. Truly a very fun/loud time. Bring on the sequel!!!

Administrator

England
    JCVD in it? But as a villain? Nice!

http://screenrant.com/jean-claude-va...-sandy-114228/
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Makes sense. I kept waiting for him to pop up in the original. Awesome.

United States
    [/url]
    Ehhhhh, he didn't wanna be in the first one, why did they have to throw him a bone now?
    Wonder if he'll do his signature splits move where he punches you in da nutz...

Super Moderator

UK

I'd be up for that!

Although didn't he used to say he'd never play a bad guy? Then again, didn't Segal say he wouldn't die in a movie?

Until he appeared in Machete ... where he finished himself off with a sword.

Anyway - it'd be a wise decision by JCVD to appear in the flick, and I would like to see him as a bad guy for a change - I'm definitely up for The Expendables 2. I've got the 3-disc blu-ray and it's a quality package (the making-of, exclusive to that steelbook edition, is excellent, as is the Picture-in-Picture mode).

Administrator

England
    As long as Expendables 2 is better than 1, I'll be happy... I liked the first, but felt it could be improved...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    As long as Expendables 2 is better than 1, I'll be happy... I liked the first, but felt it could be improved...
    Fair to say. I thought Rambo kicked more arse generally speaking, but I felt far less guilt for enjoying The Expendables.

United States
    Only think I still am unclear on is why Stallone isn't writing & directing this one. Usually when you have a big hit you don't want to tinker too much? Dunno.