Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Expendables 2 (film) - Even more expendable!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Only think I still am unclear on is why Stallone isn't writing & directing this one. Usually when you have a big hit you don't want to tinker too much? Dunno.
    He probably wants to continue remaking, I mean "continuing", his previous franchises...
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Jun-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    JCVD, John Travolta, and Chuck Norris?

Van Damme and Travolta I can see, but Chuck Norris? That makes the movie seem like a friggin joke.

And where the hell is Michael Beihn??

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    JCVD, John Travolta, and Chuck Norris?

Van Damme and Travolta I can see, but Chuck Norris? That makes the movie seem like a friggin joke.
    More of a joke than the premise already is? Besides, if they're letting JCVD in, then they damn well should have Chuck.

And where the hell is Michael Beihn??
    Word.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Double word on Michael Biehn! The guy deserves a role in a movie like this to kick some arse and take names. Not only was he Kyle Reese, but he was Dwayne Hicks too!

I've never seen a Chuck Norris movie, so I don't mind either way. I'm unsure as to why John Travolta is going to be in it, mind. Good news on JCVD being in it for sure, though.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 01-Aug-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    More of a joke than the premise already is? Besides, if they're letting JCVD in, then they damn well should have Chuck.
    You've got a point, but Norris has REALLY become a joke in recent years. There are shirts and posters with Chuck Norris jokes on them, ffs. I doubt most people these days even remember him for his movies or tv show. It's all about the jokes. I mean....look. It's everywhere.

Super Moderator

United States
    You've got a point, but Norris has REALLY become a joke in recent years. There are shirts and posters with Chuck Norris jokes on them, ffs. I doubt most people these days even remember him for his movies or tv show. It's all about the jokes. I mean....look. It's everywhere.
    I get what you're saying, but I honestly think they could--if they wanted to--give Chuck a character that was a small part that was a bit dark. Some quasi-washed up actors who have had solid dark, guest/ensemble style roles would be David Carradine in Kill Bill, Keith Carradine in Criminal Minds and Mickey Rourke in a lot of the stuff he's done since the Wrestler.

I mean, I'd rather Norris than JCVD or...god forbid...Steven Seagal. I know to some people it's the hammier the better, but JCVD and Seagal are both hammyness overload for me and a bit repellent in general

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    http://www.millenniumfilms.com/Proje...e-6b8b4e4c0578

Cast: Sylvester Stallone Jason Statham Arnold Schwarzenegger Bruce Willis Jet Li Chuck Norris Jean Claude Van Damme Dolph Lundgren Terry Crews Randy Couture Scott Adkins
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Je-sus-Christ.
    Well, I'll see it for Chuck and Jet and Bruce, but I don't give a faulk for the other fools.

Super Moderator

United States
    So the title is set to be Expendables 2: Even More Mascara?

United States
    Heck yeah, Chuck.
    Dunno where Travolta would fit in. I'd rather even see Seagal than his chubby buns dancing around.
    And I hate Steven Seagal.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Dunno where Travolta would fit in.
    I would take Travolta over Norris any day of the week. I thought he was pretty good as an older action man in 'From Paris With Love'. He's still got the "funny man out to kill" thing going on.

Another great addition would be Liam Neeson. Get some 7-foot-old-man 'Taken' action going on in this thing!
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Sep-2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: .

England
    Another great addition would be Liam Neeson. Get some 7-foot-old-man 'Taken' action going on in this thing!
    Taken was AWESOME.

Disappointed Stallone won't be writing and directing this, that smacks to me of the studio wanting to rush out a sequel before it's ready to go, that or Stallone's just too damn old. Still I LOVED the first one and as long as Stallone and Statham are still upfront, the rest of the posers are just window dressing to be taken down.

BRING on EXPENDABLES 2
    BRUCE CAMPBELL IS GOD
    from a lover of Evil Dead, Zombies, Cult, Exploitation, B-Movies, Action and Comedy

My Movie Review blog - http://aftermoviediner.blogspot.com
    My AMD podcast can be found on iTunes if you search After Movie Diner and at http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/110745
    the podcast blog: http://amdpodcast.blogspot.com/
    or on Facebook under The Podcast from the After Movie Diner and follow me on twitter @aftermoviediner

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i've already displayed my ignorance about the existence of first one (until 2 days ago) in the netflix instant thread. i am certainly up for a second go around.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Chuck Norris And Jean Claude Van Damme confirmed!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51191

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Forget Norris and JCVD - Stallone mentioned Michael Beihn! If they get that man in this flick, I'll by the first ticket to the first showing.