Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Expendables 2 (film) - Even more expendable!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Forget Norris and JCVD - Stallone mentioned Michael Beihn! If they get that man in this flick, I'll by the first ticket to the first showing.
    I've never been a fan of Norris, I don't think I've ever seen one of his movies to be honest ... JCVD would be cool to see in it (especially as a villain), but fook yeah - I'd LOVE to see Michael Biehn in this ... especially in a good role ... and if so, it'd be nice if his character survived it too!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thor's little brother joins the cast: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/liam...-expendables-2

Chasing Prey

Canada
    one thing i never will understand is how this movie didnt make even more money because all the people individually were and are box office draws.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i've never been a fan of action movies, but the first one was such a fun movie, so i'll be checking out this one too.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i've never been a fan of action movies, but the first one was such a fun movie, so i'll be checking out this one too.
    Darn tootin' - it was a good time.

I got the 3-disc Blu-Ray/DVD with the feature length making of on it - and that documentary is well worth watching. It's informative but also quite personal, and you actually feel somewhat a part of the production - unlike the usual cursory love-in EPK type stuff you so often get on discs.

Administrator

England
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51558

Production of the EXPENDABLES sequel is now underway, and Arnold Schwarzenegger has Tweeted a snaphsot of himself, Stallone, and Bruce Willis on set in Bulgaria.

The trio join Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren, Jason Statham, Randy Couture, Jet Li, Terry Crews, Scott Adkins, Chuck Norris, and Jean-Claude Van Damme under the direction of Simon West (CON AIR, the recent MECHANIC remake). The film is targeting an August 2012 release date.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Good news - fingers crossed it works out in the end, I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Stuntman killed on the set - two others injured, one of them is critical.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/stuntman-...les-2-set.html

A stuntman has been killed in an explosion on the set of Sylvester Stallone’s new action movie ‘The Expendables 2’.

The accident happened at Lake Ognyanovo, a reservoir in Bulgaria, on Thursday as they filmed a scene on boat.

Two other stuntmen, reportedly Chinese, were also injured in the blast. One is apparently in a critical condition.

"It is with great regret that we confirm this unfortunate accident. Our hearts go out to the families and those on the production affected by this tragedy. The filmmakers are working closely with the authorities in responding to and investigating this accident," production company Nu Image/Millennium Films said in a statement.

No more details have been given, but it is thought the film’s roster of action talent, including Bruce Willis, John Travolta and Arnold Schwarzenegger, were not present at the incident.

The Bulgarian police have launched an investigation.

The film is set for release August 2012.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Hope it is just a very unfortunate total accident! Would be horrible to find it's down to negligence!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Poster (including Norris and Van Damme) - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52017
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Poster (including Norris and Van Damme) - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52017
    I was sold on this already (naturally), but I'm doubly-sold now!

United States
    Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db2sD4P_Ieg

Actually more of a teaser but hey, Arnold is shooting something. Good enough for me.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 15-Dec-2011 at 12:23 AM. Reason: added HD trailer

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Actually more of a teaser but hey, Arnold is shooting something. Good enough for me.
    Oh yeah - I'm sooooooo up for seeing this movie!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In a recent interview for foreign markets, Chuck Norris drops a bit of a bombshell - Expendables 2 will be PG13.

This reads a bit funny because of the translation...

"In Expendables 2, there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay. For this reason, many young people wouldn't be able to watch this. But i don't play in movies like this. Due to that i said i won't be a part of that if the hardcore language is not erased. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13."

I usually don't have a problem with films going with a lower rating so they can make money in theaters(Die Hard 4 was okay as PG13 and even better on the unrated DVD), but wasn't the original idea of The Expendables to create a HARD R-rated film that harkens back to the 80's action genre? It seems a bit strange to change that now. Especially for someone as silly and expendable(teehee) as Chuck Norris....
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Jan-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    In a recent interview for foreign markets, Chuck Norris drops a bit of a bombshell - Expendables 2 will be PG13.

This reads a bit funny because of the translation...

I usually don't have a problem with films going with a lower rating so they can make money in theaters(Die Hard 4 was okay as PG13 and even better on the unrated DVD), but wasn't the original idea of The Expendables to create a HARD R-rated film that harkens back to the 80's action genre? It seems a bit strange to change that now. Especially for someone as silly and expendable(teehee) as Chuck Norris....
    WHAT?! PG-13?! If that's true then what the hell?! Pussifying Die Hard 4 was a mistake, but doing the same to The Expendables? Oh come the fudge on...

/justified nerd-rage