Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Expendables 2 (film) - Even more expendable!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If it's like the first, but a bit better, I'll be uber happy!
    yep. i'm not much of an action film fan but the first one was such an amazingly over the top piece of entertaining ridiculousness, that i'm all up for this one.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Last edited by bassman; 03-May-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    I'll pay just to see Van Damme back on the big screen!

I do hope the script is good!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    Saw the trailer before Cabin in the Woods. I gave it a new title as the trailer was playing.

Me: (in a movie trailer voice) "From the makers of Geriatric Action Movie, when these guys get into it, aluminum walkers and wheelchairs will be flying. See this summer's only blockbuster worth seeing, Geriatric Action Movie II: Get the Oxygen Stat!"

Wife: almost spits out her drink into the popcorn

Administrator

England
    Bruce is left handed?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Bruce is left handed?

Awww yeah! Can't wait!

Administrator

England
    +ve comments at AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57692
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Been hearing lots of positive stuff about the flick - can't wait to see it.

You know who they should include in it if they do a third movie? Michael Biehn - the bloke's kick arse in his roles. I've been watching some clips of "The Victim" (which he stars in, as well as writing & directing it) on YouTube, and I'm looking forward to seeing that flick. Indeed, as we've been discussing The Divide elsewhere, Biehn was the best part of that flick. I think he'd fit in really well to a third Expendables line-up.

-- -------- Post added 20-Aug-2012 at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was 17-Aug-2012 at 07:32 PM ----------

Saw it yesterday afternoon and had an absolute blast with it - my full thoughts are all laid out here:

http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/...lm-review.html

Chime in folks, anyone else had a chance to see it yet?

United States
    Seeing this tonight. I was teetering between this and Lawless, but I'm feeling this'll do me up right.
    My two cents worth coming after...

- - - Updated - - -

I liked it. It didn't have the pairing off of the good guys to bad guys like the first one did at the end, but still. The awesome power of all that were involved was...
    Awfully powerful?
    My kid came in thoroughly hating on this, yet was won over. I myself was skeptical. Van Damme? The Muthaluvin' Lone Wolf?!?
    You can't help but love the shit out of this one. I saw it in the discount theater and you wanna know what?
    Everybody was cheering like it was the first run. Every time Chuck or Arnie came out again it was mayhem.
    The only bad thing I'll say is that Jean Claude went down like a bitch. That, and WTF happened to Jet Li?
    Other than that I called it like I'd wrote it. I had a good time, I guess I can chalk it up to audience participation...
    A- for effort and gumption. It falls short of perfection due to occasional silliness.
    If you like to sweat, and you like anything you kill to be extra crispy, then this is for you. I don't understand the whole PG13 pre showing B.S., but in the end...
    It delivers.

Being Attacked

Aaland
    Saw it yesterday Good movie!