Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HPotD interviews Gale Anne Hurd...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It was a little voice in my head... It told me to say it to try and stir you guys up Damn you for being so level headed!
    Damn yous!!

Like I said earlier - if anything....your version may be edited, unfortunately. Hopefully not for your sake. I imagine FXUK is similar to our FX network and they're pretty good about airing stuff without much editing.

United Kingdom
    There's no chance of any editing on FXUK, thank feck.
    Kill 'em All

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, no way it'll be edited in the UK. Some of the shit we get away with on our telly programmes would make a million soccer moms faint with utter indignation. I mean I remember seeing the first season of Dexter air on ITV (free-to-air channel, i.e. not subscription channel like on Sky or Virgin Media) ... I'd seen it long before that, but it was interesting to see that it was airing in a relatively prime time (but post-10pm) timeslot. As far as I'm aware it wasn't edited - just an example.

It used to be far stricter - films like T2 and so on having certain violence and every single "fuck" edited out - but for the last decade or so it's been far, far more relaxed. It's very rare for something to be edited on TV these days ... unless it's the use of "cunt" in Shaun of the Dead.

Ireland
    ITV used to be the worst offender for that. Their audio cut for 'Aliens' in the late 80's was nothing short of astonishing.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    ITV used to be the worst offender for that. Their audio cut for 'Aliens' in the late 80's was nothing short of astonishing.
    Nah, the best/worst one was Robocop..."Ladies leave", "Why me! Why me!"
    Kill 'em All

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I still remember Crocodile Dundee. There was a scene where he was talking to two prostitutes and their pimp turns up and various comments are exchanged, and the pimp obivously says something nasty about the ladies, so Dundee punches and knocks him out.

Obviously a word or two in the exchange was deemed too much, so in the cut version, aired for kids, we see Dundee talking to the two prostitues, the pimp basically walk up, and Dundee just punching him for no reason!

Way to go! Mindless violence is OK kids!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Ahhhh, Robocop on ITV during the 90s ... I remember it well. You can imagine my shock when I saw it on the official video!

"Fun me! Fun me!" as the convenience store robber was repeatedly saying. And I think Clarence said something about "blow it out your nose" rather than "ass" at one point ... I mean good god.

As a kid I never noticed these edits really, but geez, they stick out these days.

It's always annoying when they show a PG movie during the daytime too - e.g. Back to the Future - they edit out the swearing, so Marty's always saying "Holy geez!" rather than "Holy shit!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It's always annoying when they show a PG movie during the daytime too - e.g. Back to the Future - they edit out the swearing, so Marty's always saying "Holy geez!" rather than "Holy shit!"
    I remember laughing at Doc's TV line of "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious STUFF". It's just so obvious that you're left wondering why they even tried. Shaun and Fuzz's "funk" are quite funny too.

I can deal with TV edits from time to time. You've just got to have a bit of....

Super Moderator

UK
    Speaking of those Shaun/Fuzz "funk" features, I wonder what the equivalent on the Scott Pilgrim release will be like. Seriously - there's gonna be a "funk" version on it. Hmmm...

Maybe just the same, but replacing soft words like "shit" with nonsense, rather than "fuck" etc with nonsense.

Administrator

England
    No surprise, AICN, CinemaBlend and DarkHorizons are seemingly not interested in the interview...

I still remember them turning a blind eye to Lee's fab Romero interview. Holy Jesus, just the Romero puppet itself was worth posting about surely... But nope then... And nope again now...

Bizarre!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Holy Jesus, just the Romero puppet itself was worth posting about surely...
    Now the puppet is all over the Survival special features. Romero even puppeteers the thing at one point....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Now the puppet is all over the Survival special features. Romero even puppeteers the thing at one point....
    Meh, been done.

But seriously...

Between that and my crew going "Muldooooon" a lot, I have to pick this up, now.

Is that the DVD or Blu-ray?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Is that the DVD or Blu-ray?
    Both, I think. It's at the beginning and end of the "walking after midnight" documentary. It's on the BR, but i'm also pretty sure it's on the dvd.

The doc is made by the same "big boned" guy from the Diary specials.

Super Moderator

United States
    No surprise, AICN, CinemaBlend and DarkHorizons are seemingly not interested in the interview...

I still remember them turning a blind eye to Lee's fab Romero interview. Holy Jesus, just the Romero puppet itself was worth posting about surely... But nope then... And nope again now...

Bizarre!

No respect!

But there's got to be a few places that will find this interesting...hell, what about AMC themselves?
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 07-Oct-2010 at 07:03 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Send it to FXUK
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA