Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Rob Zombie flick - "The Lords of Salem"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

Probably the best use of "Freebird" in a movie, too.
    Heck yes.

That's one hell of an ending to a flick. I remember the first time I saw that I was so energised by it, and I had to watch it a couple more times. Such a great finale.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Oh, and yes... MZ... you deserved that SMALACKING you got from Lou.
    What's a "smalacking" when it's at home?

Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Looks different from his previous films. Visually at least it looks like he's trying to channel some of the seventies/eighties Itallo horror classics. Witches , sureal goings on, heavy use of unnatural colouring, and so on = riffing on suspiria, inferno? I' prob give it a chance, but boy those two Halloween films of his were piss poor!
    While RZ's Halloween can never beat JC's, I still really dug it personally. It's a totally different take, but that's a good thing in itself, rather than some wishy-washy copy & paste. I can totally understand that some hated it, and even some of the reasons why, but personally I rather enjoyed it and liked many of the things he did with it. I do consider JC's and RZ's to be completely different entities, and considering that Halloween has some of the shittiest sequels around, RZ's Halloween is high up on the scale of Halloween movies. Four-through-Six were increasingly the befouled works of numpties, while #7 was a rip-off of the Scream craze, even if it was generally interesting from a plot stand point, and the less said about "Resurrection" - that insulting bait-and-switch turd festival - the better. Ugh, it was such a horrid punch to the fanboy face, that was.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

Better listen to him, he speaks from experience.

Lou, our private time together is not be shared with others... SHEESH
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    boy those two Halloween films of his were piss poor!
    The voice of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Halloween has some of the shittiest sequels around <snipped blasphemous statement>. Four-through-Six were increasingly the befouled works of numpties, while #7 was a rip-off of the Scream craze, even if it was generally interesting from a plot stand point, and the less said about "Resurrection" - that insulting bait-and-switch turd festival - the better. Ugh, it was such a horrid punch to the fanboy face, that was.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Lou, our private time together is not be shared with others... SHEESH
    What? You never said I couldn't tell anyone. What's the problem?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    but boy those two Halloween films of his were piss poor!
    aren't you being rather kind here? they were outright pieces of dog crap. the whole "back story" thing on michael meyers destroyed the whole thing for me. i don't want to feel sorry for him, i don't want to know about his fooked up childhood and all that crap zombie added in. in short, trying to make meyers kinda "sympathetic" as a character was an absolute disaster for me.

the power of that character, for me at least, is that meyers has no humanity at all. none. zero. zilch. he is simply a monstrous thing roaming the land. meyers is soulless and irredeemable.
    Last edited by Mike70; 06-Oct-2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."