Thread: Davis offhand retcons dr. plot point "oh yeah, i have no regeneration limit"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Davis offhand retcons dr. plot point "oh yeah, i have no regeneration limit"

http://io9.com/5662301/doctor-whos-t...ecome-immortal

on the sarah jane adventures no less.

Wonder if Liam and Brett are foaming at the idea that its explained in some one small off line of dialogue that the doctor is immortal now?

Honestly i figured a cop out like the 14th regeneration is some form of mitosis creating two time lords to compensate for the species nature of being scattered across not only any possible point in space, but also time in an exponential number of dangerous situations that makes breeding and raising young not often successful and given there long life spans and natural wanderlust makes for only more 4 dimensional drift as a species requiring some backdoor genetic reaction to attempt to keep the numbers up for what should really be quite an unsuccessful species.

-i was trying to think how davis would do it at the time and you gotta admit that sounds right up his alley.
    Last edited by Danny; 12-Oct-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: THERE WAS A PICTURE OF A GIANT PENIS I HAD TO REMOVE FOR GOOD TASTES SAKE!!!!!111!!!!ONEONE!!!

United States
    Well, assuming the new show has the longevity of the classic series, there's going to be a point where they'll have to extend the Doctor's lifespan with more regenerations.

I figured whomever will be producing the show at that point would invent some previously unknown bit of Time Lord physiology. The regeneration limit wasn't established until Tom Baker's tenure (Deadly Assassin) - 13 years into the original series' run.

Or it could be some other deus ex machina, like the kind Davies pulled out every season finale.

Although it's being dealt with a bit sooner than they "need" to, I'm interested in how it's going to work. As usual, I'll withhold any judgements until I see it for myself.

Plus, Katy Manning:

Those aren't real problems, Sam.