Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas

United States
    Well, I beat homefront in a single sitting with a friend of mine, so decided to make a new new vegas char.

Her name is La-Ah (pronounced la dash ah, because the dash don't be silent)

Right now I'm level 23 and haven't even started the main quest yet.

I downloaded 2/3 expansions so far. I did hearts first at around level 11. I enjoyed it, very different atmosphere and feeling then the mojave.

I really didn't like dead money very much, maybe it's because I finished hearts and went straight to it at level 16 (It recommends you start at 20) So everything was insanely hard for me at the start. Thank god my sneak was really high or I wouldn't have been able to make it.

However...Thanks to slamming some buffout and dropping everything I don't need, I managed to get 4 gold bars out of the vault. So that, combined with my moderately high luck skill of 7 means I'm bringing all the doe in from blackjack.
    Woohoo

Honestly before the expansions I only beat the game once as a mild mannered Caucasian girl named Sarah Conner, and this was all before the bug fixes came out. I wasn't to impressed, but with the added content and a lot of the bugs and issues fixed...I can say I like it nearly as much as fall out 3. If only there was a 3 dog and the ink spots

...Because one dog ain't enough...ant two is too few.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    I really didn't like dead money very much, maybe it's because I finished hearts and went straight to it at level 16 (It recommends you start at 20) So everything was insanely hard for me at the start. Thank god my sneak was really high or I wouldn't have been able to make it.
    I actually have really enjoyed all the DLC for New Vegas so far, though I haven't gotten very far into Old World Blues yet. One thing that is clear to me from a lot of the DLC, is that some of the devs have a transhumanism/surgery fetish

However...Thanks to slamming some buffout and dropping everything I don't need, I managed to get 4 gold bars out of the vault.
    I got all of 'em! Got out and finished the DLC, leveld and took the ability to fast travel while encumbered. I have turned the Doc's house in Goodsprings, where I stash my excess equipment and swag into a veritable Ft. Knox

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Interesting....what else besides gambling can you do in New Vegas?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Interesting....what else besides gambling can you do in New Vegas?
    Fisto?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Lonesome Road is out today. I am playing it now.

Super Moderator

United States
    I saw it was out just last night as I logged on to smash Locusts with my buddies. I just recently got back into the game and am still in the old world blues DLC.

Apparently there is a weapon enhancement DLC coming next week...