Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas

Undisclosed

Fallout: New Vegas

I am picking up a copy around midnight. Now where is that loser who betted me $1,000 that this game does not exist?

Super Moderator

United States
    Great timing! I was just reading goggled reviews between working and trolling the forum to try and make sure it'll be at least in a ball park with it's predecessor.

Regardless, I'll be grabbing a copy on my home from work tomorrow.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    this game is on my radar, as i dig the whole post-apocalyptic vibe and really enjoyed the first (third) fallout game, but i'm holding off to save $ on the inevitable DLC.

looks good from what i've seen so far, interested in some impressions from you guys.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 18-Oct-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: editing is fun

Super Moderator

United States
    Well, really, all I have to say is: here I come hardcore mode! A decision I'm sure I'll regret at various points over the next few months as I slog my way through the (hopefully) monumental pile of content.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    With Obsidian developing this time around, I'm going to wait for reviews to hit tomorrow before making a purchase. Every game of theirs lately have been buggy messes, but with the groundwork already laid, it shouldn't be too hard for them to make a nice companion piece to Fallout 3.

360 exclusive DLC has just been announced, usually they tell people these things ahead of time:

http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/18/beth...new-vegas-dlc/

Bethesda announces 360-exclusive New Vegas DLC
    October 18th, 2010 @ 16:07
    By Johnny Cullen

Bethesda’s just announced details on 360-exclusive DLC for Fallout: New Vegas.

No details on the DLC itself were given, but the press release said the “first downloadable content” would be exclusive to Xbox Live, which seems to imply more would be coming to other consoles as well.

Info on the content will be “released in the coming weeks.”

“We’re excited to continue the partnership between Bethesda and Microsoft, and build on the success of the game add-ons released for Fallout 3 on Xbox LIVE,” said Bethesda’s US PR boss Pete Hines.

“We have no doubt that gamers will be thrilled with seeing a new add-on pack extend their adventures with Fallout: New Vegas on Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE,” added Microsoft GM product manager for IEB, Matt Barlow.

United States
    360-exclusive DLC? announced the day before the game even hits store shelves? who didn't see that coming?

*officially waiting till next year on this one*

hell, i may even get a ps3 for a blu-ray player and get the GOTY edition on that console as a big fuck-you to MS and their antics.

Super Moderator

UK
    I want to play New Vegas, but as has been said I'm waiting on reviews and reports back about the stability etc - I might wait a while to make sure it's all patched up, you know? I'd be looking to get it for the PC as well. I've got no interest in playing this on the 360 as I played Fallout 3 (and Brotherhood of Steel, and Point Lookout) on the PC.

United States
    they're also saying the PC will be mod-able from day one, so the free mods from fans will likely trump most TIMED DLC EXCLUSIVE ONLY ON XBOX LIVE!!!!!! bullshit you pay for.

Super Moderator

UK
    I wonder if the PC version will be free of that DRM bullshit. Fallout 3 didn't have that wank, so hopefully NV won't either. Just a simple CD-Key as printed on the instruction manual with no internet connect required please.

Seriously, that "internet connection required" bullshit has literally stopped me buying a game for the PC. *slow claps* Well done games industry.

Hopefully, again, NV will be free of such idiocy.

---------- Post added 19-Oct-2010 at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was 18-Oct-2010 at 06:29 PM ----------

Well I found out that New Vegas will be using that Steam bullshit as DRM - so for to install it you need fucking Steam and you need to be on-fucking-line to install it. After that you can be offline, but I shouldn't have to be online ever to install the fucking thing on my PC - I just want to play the single player on my PC, which isn't connected to the internet, let alone even in the same room (or floor) of the house as the internet connection.

Seriously, this online activation stuff is horse shit.

Fallout 3 didn't need Steam, so why does New Vegas? How about they fuck off instead?

Fucking DRM...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    To be honest the further fallout whent on the more disenfranchised i got, same with dead rising. i enjoyed point lookout but the other dlc's were kind of lame. i loved what little of the retro 50's pleasantville gone nuclear stuff was in there, but they took wasteland to literally and it felt more cut and pastey than morrowind.

So far vegas looks like a lengthy expansion and nothing more, though if its different i will be very pleasantly surprised.

Canada
    Fallout 3 was one of the buggiest games ever made...but some of the glitches were goddamn hilarious. I remember one time i had VATS shot a super mutant up close in the face with a shotgun, and his entire body just distorted and lengthened, and then flew about 500 feet in the air, before hitting the ground in a huge pile of too long limbs and broken textures. Or characters just fucking disappearing, or walking through walls, or losing their faces when talking so they were just a set of eyes and lips speaking to you. What a buggy glitchy mess, but it was all too funny for me to really hold against it.

Super Moderator

United States
    Anyone actually play the game yet? Looking for reactions.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Anyone actually play the game yet? Looking for reactions.
    I was going to pick it up last night, but was not feeling well, so I went to bed. I will purchase a copy within the next 2 to 4 hours. Gamestop has a trade special for Fallout, Fable, and Star Wars for this month.

Super Moderator

UK
    Two observations.

1) Hellsing's moaning about it ... I'm shocked. *sarcasm mode off*

2) Fallout 3 being buggy - I experienced the odd bug here and there, but when I was playing it they'd released all the patches for it, so it was stable and didn't really have too much that was wrong with it. Some things but not a lot. Perhaps it was a mess when first launched, but the updates provided me with a solid gaming experience.

I really enjoyed Fallout 3, and was looking forward to getting NV on PC ... but that bullshit Steam crap can fuck right off, and has therefore forced me to not buy it. *slow claps* Well done gaming industry. Well done indeed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Two observations.

1) Hellsing's moaning about it ... I'm shocked. *sarcasm mode off*
    Hey i'm a big longtime fan of bethesda games and they followed up oblivion with fallout 3. which was honestly a step down.