Thread: Hereafter

United States

Hereafter

Hope this was not posted previously, but I really would like to see this latest from Clint Eastwood. He sure isn't afraid to tackle some deep themes in his old age, which I really respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwb73CSW74w

United States
    don't think i've seen all of the films eastwood's directed, but all of the ones i've seen have been great. this looks very interesting and like it packs an emotional punch or two. has clint ever done any films concerning the supernatural?

oh, and how did the surgery go, lee? everything okay?
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 20-Oct-2010 at 01:30 AM. Reason: spellin's not gellin this evening

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    don't think i've seen all of the films eastwood's directed, but all of the ones i've seen have been great. this looks very interesting and like it packs an emotional punch or two. has clint ever done any films concerning the supernatural?

oh, and how did the surgery go, lee? everything okay?
    Thanks for asking, Professor. The surgery went well - at least that's what the surgeon said. LOL It was a low grade cancer and carried a very high curability rate. So I'm very thankful - except for the awful post operation pain. I'm literally living off of percocet right now. LOL

As for Clint doing anything based in the supernatural I can't really think of anything off hand right away. For years I looked at him as directing a lot of forgettable detective films or silly comedies, etc... However, since Mystic River my opinion of him has changed completely. This latest one looks special to me. I hope it is.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Thanks for asking, Professor. The surgery went well - at least that's what the surgeon said. LOL It was a low grade cancer and carried a very high curability rate. So I'm very thankful - except for the awful post operation pain. I'm literally living off of percocet right now. LOL
    holy shite, lee. sorry to hear that happened to you but i'm glad that you are ok.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    holy shite, lee. sorry to hear that happened to you but i'm glad that you are ok.
    Thanks, Mike.
    Glad to see you back here on the boards!

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Wow, glad to hear it came out okay! Heal up quickly!
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I doubt I'll get it to see it on the big screen, but I'll watch anything Eastwood makes. Although I do feel that Million Dollar Baby was a BIT overrated. Still good, just wasn't as great as people were making it out to be. Gran Torino is awesome. That movie instantly became one of my favorites from the past 10 or so years.

Glad to hear your surgery went well.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Wow, glad to hear it came out okay! Heal up quickly!
    Thanks, Publius!

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Glad to hear your surgery went well.
    Thanks, bassman!

United States

"Do you believe in the hereafter?"

(Girl) "Yes.."

"Then you know what I'm here after!"

(sorry, ever time I hear the words "hereafter" that's the first thing that comes to mind for me.)