Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: My Spoiler Free Review of the pilot

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Since I can't be going out partying tonight because I have to be up early tomorrow (for a screening of Back To The Future!!!), I'll be spending the night in with a few brewskis and episode 1. I can't wait.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Another weak one here.

Watched it and thought it was a load of bollocks.

Nah, just kidding..

Ah! Ya got me! You yuckster you!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Another weak one here.

Watched it and thought it was a load of bollocks.

Before I saw the bottom of your post I was thinking "Big surprise....shootem doesn't like something. He doesn't like ANYTHING!"

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    superjoint, you gotta keep in mind that you are not the target audience. they are making it for people who aren't big followers of the comics, people who aren't huge gore-hounds, people who might not be die-hard zombie fans, etc.

they aren't trying to cater to one particular group, but make it accessible to all audiences (except for little kids, obviously). And seriously, it's an interpretation, it'd be fucking lame if they stuck it out panel-by-panel, mirroring the comic exactly.

Oh dude, I TOTALLY agree with you, about panel for panel and all..and about the target audience, BUT I was just giving my opinion on it, everyone has one. I will keep watching it, just glad they are doing this at all, and with such a highly respected guy like Darabont (sp)!!!
    Last edited by SuprJoinT; 22-Oct-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: wrong quote....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    for bassman and the rest who were wondering:

the song that plays during the final scene is "space junk" by (get ready for it) wang chung. catchy tune. never really heard much from these guys with the exception of "everybody have fun tonight".

http://new.music.yahoo.com/wang-chun...ng-97--1274425
    I don't believe it.

I too only know of them from that song, but this Space junk is pretty groovy. I supposed they picked it for the "Welcome to my world, my only world" line?

Strange choice, but works really well. I was shocked when it first played, but then clapped. My wife was looking at me like "WTF is wrong with you??"

BTW....If you haven't seen the pilot, I wouldn't recommned listening to this song. It may ruin some of the impact for you.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Oct-2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: poopie

United States
    should we put spoiler tags on it?

yeah, i don't recall ever heard anything other than "everbody have fun tonight" by them.

i think the guitar riff was pretty sweet and had a nice jive to it. the part where it really worked well for me was when the lyrics "sifting through the system" came up as the zombies were digging through the horse, and then the "welcome to my world" and "bringing me to you" parts really put a nice finish to the episode and rick's adventure so far.

like i said, mad men and breaking bad pull that trick a lot too....i've probably got about 20 songs on my ipod that i really enjoy that i was introduced to by those shows, and it looks like TWD is gonna help me discover some more great random tracks.

Undisclosed
    For those of us that have already seen it, we still need to watch it again on tv so AMC will pick it up for another season.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Shadow View Post
    For those of us that have already seen it, we still need to watch it again on tv so AMC will pick it up for another season.
    I don't think that's a problem. Everyone that's already seen it will surely tune in for the broadcast. Myself included. We'll also buy the DVDs...

United States
    after thinking about it, i've gotta agree that this "leak" probably was AMC's doing. according to lee and what i've read about the press kits, there were 2 episodes on one disc....so why wouldn't whoever did the uploading put both episodes out?

cuz believe me, i've been looking around to see if it's out there...

United States
    I'm torn between begging someone to point me towards the nearest link to watching it now and waiting until it comes out on AMC. Either way, I'm sure I'd become a diehard fan as I've seen nothing but totally kickass trailers and such for it. I don't know any of the history behind getting it from here to there, but dayumn, it looks good.
    As much as I can appreciate the nostalgia of the old and trusted, I need regular infusions of what I like to call "the SHIT" to fuel my ravenous hunger for the genre. It is personally amazing to me that this subject hasn't been raped and pillaged like so many others. I guess I should be thankful, but still...
    If this is as good as I think it's going to be, it might be nearly as big an event as V was the first time around. Not sure if there has ever been a TV show revolving around the dead, but I doubt it.
    I want this to be the SHIT. The stuff I've read around here gives me the air of it being an intellectually thought out homage to the J.R.R. Tolkien of the undead, via Senor Romero.
    That would be as supersweet to me as the Kansas City Chiefs sweeping the rest of the season.
    The make up and schnizzle fizzle I've seen has been top notch.
    Fuck it, someone hook me up to seeing this right now...
    Kidding, but not, but yeah, but not, but yeah...

---------- Post added 23-Oct-2010 at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was 22-Oct-2010 at 10:39 PM ----------

Wow, I saw it and it was amazing. All the way to the end, and how he got out of that pickle in the end, just wow. I'm just sad I have to wait for more. Not much ever comes out that makes me content, but this is one of them. I think I just found my new favorite show.