Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (film) - Horror comedy

Administrator

England
    Any of you guys ever see this? The reviews were actually good!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1465522/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Any of you guys ever see this? The reviews were actually good!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1465522/
    It comes out in the UK on September 26th apparently.

Also, don't watch the red band trailer as it gives away a metric shit-ton of great moments from the movie (which looks pretty darn enjoyable to me). I'll definitely be picking it up next month.

Now, is it me, or has this film been in development for quite some time? It feels like two years or something since I first saw teaser footage.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just seen this and it definitely has it's moments. I wouldn't run out and drop twenty bucks for it on a brand new blu ray, but it's worth a watch if you can swing it a bit cheaper. It's currently on Instant Netflix, so that's what I would recommend if you have it.

It has some slow moments, but the chemistry between the two main characters is what made the movie for me. I've always loved Alan Tudyk and the chubby guy(the bearded doctor from the new Planet of the Apes film) is hilarious. Basically the entire movie is a slapstick statement on horror movie cliches and how most college kids are intolerant to anyone that's slightly different.

All things considered I would probably give it a 7/10.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Just seen this and it definitely has it's moments. I wouldn't run out and drop twenty bucks for it on a brand new blu ray, but it's worth a watch if you can swing it a bit cheaper. It's currently on Instant Netflix, so that's what I would recommend if you have it.

It has some slow moments, but the chemistry between the two main characters is what made the movie for me. I've always loved Alan Tudyk and the chubby guy(the bearded doctor from the new Planet of the Apes film) is hilarious. Basically the entire movie is a slapstick statement on horror movie cliches and how most college kids are intolerant to anyone that's slightly different.

All things considered I would probably give it a 7/10.
    Glad you enjoyed the flick - I rather enjoyed it too - although, as I've said before, the spoiler-ific trailer ruined it a bit by giving away so many gags.

Anyway - here's what I made of it back in September when I picked up the DVD for, iirc, £9 brand new.

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2011/09...money-men.html
    Tucker & Dale vs Evil:
    It feels like a very long time since I first heard about this flick - a horror comedy in which the grim-looking hillbillies are the bumbling good guys, not the machete wielding psychopaths, and the gaggle of fresh-faced 'teens' are deadly in their ineptitude. Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine play the titular hillbillies who venture into the Appalachian mountains to renovate their new holiday home, only to get mixed up in a gore-ific and hilarious comedy-of-errors. One thing though - whoever cut the trailer should be slapped - they spoiled so many great moments from the flick (especially in the Red Band Trailer). So if you like the idea of the flick, avoid the trailers and just see it - I enjoyed it a lot, but I'm sure I would have enjoyed it even more if so many of the good bits hadn't been blown by the ever-so-revealing trailer.

Administrator

England
    Finally caught this. Watched it with a couple of mates over a pizza! We all really enjoyed its lunacy

A definite 7.5/10 - Some very nice novel ideas in places!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Good stuff, Neil.

I still wish I'd not seen the trailer beforehand - or, rather, that the trailer itself hadn't been so full of spoilers - as that did take some of the punch out of the main gags. Anyway, idiotic trailer editing aside, the movie itself was bloody good fun. Seen it a couple of times now. Tyler Labine and Alan Tudyk rock this movie so hard - perfect buddy casting.

Ireland
    Yeh, I thought it was a pretty good show myself. It's a good beer film.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

UK
    i loved this film, i gave it 8/10 on imdb
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!