Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well life sure knows how to deal you the 1-2 punch

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Well life sure knows how to deal you the 1-2 punch

Well as you know my mom passed away on October 12... well On October 21st I ended up losing my job of the last 6 years... then get home... black out not once, but twice, falling into a full size mirror requiring 22 stitches in my left arm... then after getting an ambulance ride to the hospital... I find out my black out was caused by a Heart Attack... my 2nd in 4 years.

When I thought things couldn't get worse WHAMMO, but then.... I found out Deadlands 2 has won another major award at the 2010 RIFE film fest in Washington, DC... so at least things are looking up.

Funny thing, well not funny, but to me and some others is, I should be in the hospital, but I checked myself out because A. I had two animals, dog and cat, to take care of, and I made a promise to be at the fest for the screening on Friday night... the doc tried talking me out of it, but I said no go... I made a promise to be there and I don't break promises unless it is something truly beyond my control... and since I more or less recovered from the heart attack within 6 hours of having it... I felt good enough to sign myself out and head home.

Mucho thanks to Lou for driving 60 miles out to Rockville to pick me up from the ER.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 23-Oct-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Additional text
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Second attack in four years? Damn dude....you may wanna consider a change in lifestyle...

Glad to hear you're okay now.

Undisclosed
    Could it been the stress of losing your mother and job that caused your heart attack? A lifestyle change would also help, because I know you are a larger person.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Glad to hear you're okay but since you checked yourself out early, take it easy man.

Have fun at the screening!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Second attack in four years? Damn dude....you may wanna consider a change in lifestyle...

Glad to hear you're okay now.
    Dude I have changed my lifestyle, but I was born with a defect in the arteries leading to my heart... the medical term is a long name but basically it is twisting of the arteries, it was discovered in 06 after 1st attack, so 2 Stents were put in to correct issue, but I may need more.

Other than still smoking I heavily changed the way I eat, but the damage is pretty much done.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Could it been the stress of losing your mother and job that caused your heart attack? A lifestyle change would also help, because I know you are a larger person.
    The docs said maybe.... but they also found my potassium level in my blood to be at ZERO which is strange because I eat at least 2 Banana's a day, not too mention I down 16-20oz of OJ a day as well. However, one of my medications may be the cause... it is a Blood pressure pill that also doubles as a diuretic and they think it caused the potassium depletion.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Glad to hear you're okay but since you checked yourself out early, take it easy man.

Have fun at the screening!
    Well I have a follow up with Cardio doc on Monday... so we will see what he has to say. Screening was last night (Friday) I also found out we won an award... so that made me happy.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    The docs said maybe.... but they also found my potassium level in my blood to be at ZERO which is strange because I eat at least 2 Banana's a day, not too mention I down 16-20oz of OJ a day as well. However, one of my medications may be the cause... it is a Blood pressure pill that also doubles as a diuretic and they think it caused the potassium depletion.
    You should talk to your doctor about an alternate BP medication such as lisinopril, which actually cause your system to store excess Potassium.

United States
    So sorry to hear about your ongoing issues Deej.

Try to pace yourself& take care of yourself. I learned from my Dad's example. He woke up on a Sunday morning not feeling well. Went to church, came home, took a nap, went & ministered at the nursing home, etc, before admitting there might be a problem & going to the ER. Turns out he'd been having a stroke all day. If he'd went right away, they believe they could have helped him. Instead he ended up disabled w/ paralysis of the left arm & leg. The lesson I learned there is not to be stubborn about your health. Get stuff checked out ASAP if you think you have an issue & listen to the Doc's & do what they tell you.

Ireland
    Holy shit DJ, that's some month your having.

BTW, eat more banannas. 2 just ain't enough. But, I love 'em!

Gotta watch the old ticker lad and get off the smokes as soon as you can, they'll fucking destroy you.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Twitching

United States
    You have my empathy,
    I know what it's like to have your body turn on you at the same time life is going to hell around you. Won't presume to say I know how YOU feel, but I know what those things are like, and I wish this kind of Hell on no one. All I can say is what the others have said, be hyper-vigilant about controlling what aspects of your health you can, conserve your strength for unexpected sucker-punches by life, and make sure the people who give a genuine damn about you know how much they mean to you, for there's no telling when life will take them away.

Sorry, know it's no help, but all I can offer aside from my goodwill.

United States
    damn, DJ. that's terrible man. sounds more like life busted you up with a 4-hit combo rather than a 1-2 punch.

hopefully your cardiologist can give you an idea about what's up and what can be done about it. like axlish said, look into getting your meds changed.

really sorry to hear about all that man. hope things start improving for you. hang in there, bud.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 23-Oct-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: addition

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Wow... I don't quite know what to say... good luck with the future, I suppose... man, that is just a crap-filled situation there... Yeah, good luck, and best wishes... Don't worry, though. I'm sure that from here on things can only get better!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah... it has been a freaky month, but I am not letting it keep me down I will get this handled... I don't give up that easy.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Just tuned in.

Wow.

Deej, buddy,

I'm just gonna repeat what everybody else is saying - take care of yourself.

You're one of the good ones, this tired old world needs as many of those as it can get.

Here, have a pic of a hot redhead:

Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

United States
    DJ, relieved to hear you're okay for now, just keep that chin up and do whatever needs doing. You're too young to just shrug your shoulders and wait for a predisposition like this to get worse; you have your whole life ahead of you.

Think of all the posts you still have to mock Land in. Feel better and do whatever needs doing to get healthier
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 25-Oct-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: details, details...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Here, have a pic of a hot redhead:

Good lord Billy, that's a gift for us all! Way to distract us from Deej's problems!