Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Star Wars trilogy?

Administrator

England

Another Star Wars trilogy?

Who knows... They should have done them instead of the prequels we had

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47173
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    i have this book called the complete illustrated guide to star wars (or something along those lines) and it makes mention of another trilogy taking place after the original. han and leia have twins, both are "strong with the force", one is named after anakin, but other than that, i can't remember what the main conflict was.

given that the best film of the series wasn't directed by lucas, maybe they should take that idea and roll with it....and no more jar jar type characters, use actual sets and actors instead of blue-screening the whole fucking thing, focus more on characters instead of huge CGI-battle scenes...there's lot of flaws with the new trilogy that need to be addressed before they even consider a new set of movies.

edit: and every star wars fan needs to get on youtube and watch Red Letter Media's in-depth review (crucifixion) of the new star wars films...it's fucking hilarious.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 23-Oct-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: you just don't go away, do you, edit-reason box?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I agree Prof, the characters really are the most important thing... too much blue screen is just not needed...

United States
    Meh....there was a time I would've jizzed my pants over this. Now I couldn't give a fuck less. Leave it alone George. The magic's all gone.

United States
    It better have Grand Admiral Thrawn in it.

Oh yeah, and that Imperial commander chick who runs the Starburst or Starcrusher or Suncrusher or whatever the hell it's called in the books. Because she's freakin' hot. It's not often that I feel my jeans squeezing over a book cover -- but she's just hot.

I think the new trilogy should also have alot of naked scenes with Winona Ryder in it, because I want to see that. Anyway, I digress...

What's this thread about again?

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 24-Oct-2010 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Yoda compelled me, yes he did indeed.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    could.
    not.
    give.
    a.
    fuck.

That ship ship has sailed. i no longer get that excited feeling as a science fiction enthusiast for star wars, its a parody of itself now. hell, mass effect is a videogame not a movie and when the trailer for mass effect 2 came out i was more excited for than a star wars trailer since return of the jedis trailer i saw on a vhs before i got my hands on it yknow?

Actually there have been a few articles on sites like i09, boing boing or the like talking about Mass effect being this generations star wars. At the time i was kind of 50/50, but i did grow up in a world were as a kid games were a joke that politicians attested made you stupid and gave you brain cancer, but films were okay. Its odd to show star wars to a kid nowadays and its boring crap that imitates earlier westerns and samurai flicks. without the glasses of nostalgia they found the stories in mass effect about the genophage, the reappears and all the little tidbits so much more enthralling. but it is a videogame so they have an infinite amount of time at there own leisure to discover these things, not 2 hours in one sitting which cant really compare in terms of showing as much of a world as you can y'know?
    Though personally the games killed star wars for me, not the prequels bad as they were, theres only so many times lucasarts can shit our the licensing for something else to occur in the mos eisely bar or that generator station on hoth y'know?

but i was that rare heretic who preferred stargate to trek or wars so there we are.

United States
    I'm only ready for this if Lucas is. I'd see it anyway if Han, Luke, and Chewie were in it. As disappointed as I was in the prequels, at least it would all come to a semi close. The stuff I read said that the Emperor returns, Luke goes to the Dark Side, Chewie dies, and Han becomes an alkie. Lucas' chance to redeem himself and give us the dark version of it all, I love the original trilogy but the prequels were atrocious, except for the last. I want more, more, more.

Canada
    The worst thing about the Star Wars expanded universe- Hard to pinpoint actually. Most of it was garbage. All of those super weapons just kept getting more and more ridiculous, and i certainly hope that they stay away from them.

Now, Grand Admiral Thrawn, I could get behind.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    call me crazy but i have no desire to see a 70 year old han solo. harrison ford is 68 now, so by the time this thing gets off the ground...well you do the math. mark hamill is 59...ok i think you all get the point.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Lucas should have attempted this during the late 80's or early 90's. The last movie was released in '83. That was over 27 years ago when I was in kindergarden. Has anyone seen what Carrie Fisher looks like now? It's bad. Years of drug abuse caught up with her.

Canada
    I would love to see the exploits of the solo family as they are set up in an old folks home...IN SPACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCE!

Administrator

England
    I'd only be interested if someone else helped Lucas write them, and Lucas had nothing to do with directing them...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Lucasfilm might be better off with another animated cartoon series. All of the original Star Wars actors are ready for retirement. Doubt they would have much of a presence in any new live action series, outside of a cameo in the pilot episode.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'd only be interested if someone else helped Lucas write them, and Lucas had nothing to do with directing them...
    this...THIS...a thousand times THIS!!

i think we have a winner, folks.
    Last edited by Mike70; 24-Oct-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: forgot something
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I must agree.
    Also, Mara Jade... she's cool...