Thread: Has Randy Quaid gone radio rental?

Administrator

England

Has Randy Quaid gone radio rental?

Actor Randy Quaid and his wife Evi are seeking asylum in Canada, claiming they are being persecuted in the US.

The couple were arrested in Vancouver on Thursday on US warrants related to vandalism charges, issued last week after they missed a court appearance.

"We feel our lives are in danger," Evi Quaid told an immigration adjudicator.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11615164
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    It seems that they're going ahead with Independance Day 2, and Quaid is trying to get back into the head of his crazy redneck from the firest film.

@#$%-ing Method Actors...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

United States
    Radio rental? Is this English rhyming slang for some sort of mental?

If so, it sounds like it.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i briefly glanced at this story last night. seems like randy has gone straight out of his fucking mind. he's run off to canada over what amounts to trespassing and vandalism.
    and he's talking crazy shit about there being "star/celebrity whackers" (his words not mine) who are going around killing famous people and making it look like either an accident of suicide.

isn't that the plot of a few shitty movies? if not, it should be.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    He just had to get away from the microwave in his US home.

"Every time Katherine reved up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour or so."

United States
    Maybe Randy has been hanging out with Joaquin Phoenix?

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Radio rental? Is this English rhyming slang for some sort of mental?

If so, it sounds like it.
    Exactly...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    He just had to get away from the microwave in his US home.

"Every time Katherine reved up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour or so."

"It was the aliens...they...did things to me...."

Poor guy, I'd heard awhile back about his B&E/mental issues. Shame. He's played a lot of great characters in a lot of great movies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Hey, Gary Buesey won't be wit us forever, yelling at mice with his shirt off, someone had to receive the mantle. into every generation one is born, batshit, snooker loopy, mentally quadraspazzed mental manz.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Maybe Randy has been hanging out with Joaquin Phoenix?

j.p.
    Out of the loop guy?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cel...t_was_a_h.html

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Hey, Gary Buesey won't be wit us forever, yelling at mice with his shirt off, someone had to receive the mantle. into every generation one is born, batshit, snooker loopy, mentally quadraspazzed mental manz.
    Buesey is better now that he's on the proper meds now, isn't he? If not, somebody need to get these 2 in a flick together ASAP. No script required. Just put 'em together & let 'em riff off of each other. Pure gold ensues.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Out of the loop guy?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cel...t_was_a_h.html
    Nah, I actually saw the recent interview with Letterman. I also saw "I'm Still Here" with him in it too -- it's one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen. I almost shut it off three or four times but wanted to see if it could get any worse (it did).

I was trying to make a joke, I guess I should stick with my day job.

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 25-Oct-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: the flying monkeys have taken my diction to castle Anthrax
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    ...somebody need to get these 2 in a flick together ASAP. No script required. Just put 'em together & let 'em riff off of each other. Pure gold ensues.
    Fuck that, I say get those two in the ring together.
    Thunderdome style.
    We'll see who is crazy then.